Open or Closed Diary?

Options
sakuragreenlily
sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
Noticing that the majority of my friends keep their food diary closed even to friends. That's okay with me, I mean if they want to keep it private that's their business. Just wondering about the thought process behind it. Do you keep your diary open, closed, open for friends only, or what? And why?

Replies

• pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    I keep mine open... I appreciate the feedback and suggestions,.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    lots of people can be dip***** and haters about your diary, I say "come at me bro" so mine is open.
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Noticing that the majority of my friends keep their food diary closed even to friends. That's okay with me, I mean if they want to keep it private that's their business. Just wondering about the thought process behind it. Do you keep your diary open, closed, open for friends only, or what? And why?

Open keeps me Honest.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Closed, as I only need to be accountable to myself. Also, I had to deal with too many Judgy McJudgersons when I had my diary open. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • sakuragreenlily
    Options
    lots of people can be dip***** and haters about your diary, I say "come at me bro" so mine is open.

Bwahahaha! Love the confidence :laugh:
  • sakuragreenlily
    Options
    Closed, as I only need to be accountable to myself. Also, I had to deal with too many Judgy McJudgersons when I had my diary open. Ain't nobody got time for that!

That's why I'd never have my open for strangers but if my friends start being judgy then I will probably just start wondering why they're on my friend's list in the first place :0/
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't even remember if mine is set to open or closed anymore. When it was open at the height of my dieting I developed way too much food anxiety. I was literally crying before parties because I knew I would overeat. Keeping my food logs private was a concession to my therapist, who wanted me to quit the diet completely if I couldn't find a way to work it into my life better.

Now the diary here is only ever half filled out. I keep most of my logs on paper and just log things here while I'm at work or when I'm unsure of the calorie content of something. I'm accountable to me and only me and if I need to go back to logging everything here that option will still be available.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Open but I don't keep track off my food. Which I will probably start doing soon.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Open because I don't care what random internet strangers think of what I eat.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Closed. So people won't be jealous of all the bacon and ice cream I eat.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Open because I just care that much.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I only let friends see mine as they know you better
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Open to friends. I like looking at friends' diaries for new food ideas, so I like to return the favor. It also makes me feel more accountable. Haven't had any friends be judgmental.
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends. I don't mind them seeing what I eat. Maybe they'll have suggestions or great recipe ideas. Who knows?
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Whats a Diary?
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Open! I may not log the best stuff ever, but I log every day, every meal. I am not a pro at being healthy, so I like the possibility of feedback from fellow MFP'ers. I also don't feel like I have any platform to complain or give anyone else advice if they can't see how I am doing. I don't mind the transparency at all! :drinker:
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

:laugh: :smile:
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open and log everything. I know that I am not going to eat perfect 100% of the time and that is alright as long as it is in moderation.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Mine's open at all times. It's your constitutional right to know what I eat. That way, you can let me know if I'm sidestepping. I welcome that.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to everyone.. I don't care that people see what I eat and how much I eat.