What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    I went into the doctor's thinking I was sick, and when they weighed me, I weighed less.

Come to find out too, I'm not sick, I'm pregnant.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The shirt I wear for "tropical shirt Friday" at work no longer hugs my spare tire.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    1. On Wednesday at the gym. I grabbed two 25 pound plates to do my crunches and this guy who was watching me said "you grabbed those like they didn't weigh anything." I was thinking to myself that they are only 25 pounds...that's not much. And then I thought, they are 25 pounds and it did feel like nothing! Yeah me! Then I spent the rest of my workout grinning like an idiot.
    2. On Thursday, I had one person at work stop me to tell me how great I am looking and another person on the train as well.
    3. This morning, I had two guys hit on me when I went to Dunkin Donuts for my iced coffee. These guys are sitting out there most days so they have seen me walking past every day from when I started this adventure. It was too bad neither one was my type. :smile:

I have been at this for 17 months. I lost around 60 pounds in the first 11 months and have only lost 5 or so in the last 6 months. So my ego really needed this boost this week.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Mine are all clothes related for this week, with the heatwave in the UK I have been wearing things that I haven't tried on for a very long time.

1 - I fit into a size 14 (UK) dress (i started at about a UK size 22)
    2 - i wore a halter neck top without feeling sick when I looked in the mirror ( I wouldn't even do that when I was a size (UK) 10 so I think this is something to do with going to the gym making my arms look more toned)
    3 - Noticing that my legs are starting to look/feel less jelly like

I am usually very much one for self loathing but this week I have felt really good about myself (and not just the way I look), this is a big step for me so I hope that it is something that will continue :-)

oooooo - I also got over my fear of doing weights!!!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I went into the doctor's thinking I was sick, and when they weighed me, I weighed less.

Congratulations!
  • Xoe4
    Xoe4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. I have collar bones! Collar bones that you can see and even without squinting!
    2. I lost a dress size. :) Bought me a cute new dress to celebrate.
    3. I ran a mile and a half with an average time of 10:30/mile. :) Started running on Tuesday so I'm happy.
    4. Offered some free peep shows at work due to my shirt being too large. Need to get a new one!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I had three :)
    1. My doctor took me off the High Blood pressure meds
    2. I am fitting into my hidden in the back of the closet bucket full of clothes.
    3. I lost 1 inch of my waist and 1 off my hips!
    I'm doing a happy dance today

Not to diminish anyone's successes, but the getting off the BP meds is the best one I've seen this week. Way to go!!!

This is the one I'm waiting patiently for for my husband. He's been on BP meds for a couple years and I would just love his health to improve to not needing it.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

WOW!!! Congrats! (or are you trolling...because that was a funny way to post this.) :P
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You're going to like this one too then. My doctor switched me off Janumet which is 2 diffent diabetic meds in one pill to just one of the ingredients in it. Metformin. He's also taken me off 3 other medications since Sept 20, 2012.
    I had three :)
    1. My doctor took me off the High Blood pressure meds
    2. I am fitting into my hidden in the back of the closet bucket full of clothes.
    3. I lost 1 inch of my waist and 1 off my hips!
    I'm doing a happy dance today

Not to diminish anyone's successes, but the getting off the BP meds is the best one I've seen this week. Way to go!!!
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Kept moving forward even though I had a bad week and gained. Went for a walk/jog at 8pm to help compensate for a heavy meal, and hydrated before and after. Am noticing that my face looks less puffy. :)
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Finally, someone noticed my weight loss at work! I'm down almost 50 lbs, with at least 50 more to go...

All my pants are loose, so I need to get to the used stores to see if I can find some more. I'm not prepared to pay full price for pants that I KNOW won't fit me next year. tops are pretty baggy too, but they aren't in danger of falling off. My pants just might be :tongue:

Took waist and hip measurements this morning - both are down 1 more inch. That's 7 inches from my hips!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My husband walked in the room with a friggin plate full of french fries (after I maxxed my cals for the day) and I did not have even a nibble. =D

Wow - that right there would be a rockin' NSV for me. VERY impressed as I have never turned down a french fry in my life.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I went from 0 pushups to 5. Sooo if i extrapolate that 500% increase, in a couple of weeks I should be doing thousands.

I also fit into a couple of my brothers shirts - much to his chagrin.
  • rochellewilson70
    Options
    1. Didn't make it to the gym except last night, but still lost .6 lbs.
    2. Made new strides in my sprinting workout last night. Fastest time, longest workout and not dying of soreness today.
    3. Starting to feel like this is my lifestyle.. I want to be healthy, fit and strong. YAY!
  • sunnybear39
    sunnybear39 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1. I lost 2 inches off my waist and 3 off my hips since my last measurement
    2. I wore a scrub top I haven't worn in years because it was too tight and now fits
    3. My boss told me she was walking behind me one morning and thought "who is that?" she didn't recognize me because my shape has changed!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    1.) Lowered BP
    2.) Slept just fine without the CPAP.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hit 34 inches on the box jump - almost half my height!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Figured out that the line of stubble on my side of my shins is because the razor won't lay flat on the front of my leg because of the valley that goes all the way up my leg between bone and muscle (no fat in between to cushion). he heh.
  • pghtrader
    pghtrader Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last night my wife made cupcakes for the kids. The wonderful smell permeated the entire house. In a surge of willpower I passed on eating one. I even sat at the table talking with the kiddos while they enjoyed their tasty dessert (+1).

Then today after getting back from my lunchtime run, I found myself in the kitchen all alone with a plate of said cupcakes. They were sitting on the counter all cute with their decorated icing tops. I could totally scarf one and no one would ever be the wiser. Instead I gave the little ba$tards a mental middle finger and had my organic pb&j on a wheat tortilla and a bowl of veggies (+1).

It was delicious and afterwards I was very full. It hit me at that moment that my "lunch" today would have barely been a snack just six weeks ago.

Thank you MFP members. You are fantastic :)
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!