What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My husband complained that my 9 year old daughter left her underwear on our bed. It was mine, not hers.

I've trashed all of my granny panties.
  • gert_lush_em
    gert_lush_em Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today I put on a top I bought last year and it was huge on me so being very brave I tried on a top I bought 5 years ago which has always been too small, even when I bought it (which is when I consider myself to have been 'thin') and it fits!!! Wasn't expecting that!
    Also, exercise wise I am practising my 5k runs in my local park, it's 6 laps around and I am still having to stop to take walk breaks to catch my breath back. This week I managed the first 3 laps around before I had to stop! That's a whole lap around improvement. If I can keep up the good work I'll be smashing the whole 5k in one go in no time :)
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I decided to buy myself a couple pair of jeans. The first pair are three sizes smaller than my "interview pants" I wrote about earlier. The other pair are six sizes smaller. I bought them small hoping that working to get them to fit would spark some motivation in me to break out of the funk I've been in lately. (the "interview pants" http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/893535-the-interview-pants)

The jeans arrived yesterday so I naturally went and tried them on. I didn't expect the two sides to touch. I was pretty shocked when not only was I able to get them buttoned, I was able to get the entire fly buttoned as well.

I'm still a ways from being able to comfortably wear them but was pretty excited to have them on. (Just for reference, the jeans I was able to button are 9 sizes (18") smaller in the waist that the pants I wore starting out.) Not sure if they're still a "cool" jean, but I'll be sporting my Levi's button fly 501's a lot sooner than I expected.
  • jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My sister told me today that it looked like my pants were getting baggy. yay! I was thinking it was just in my head. I would put them in the dryer for awhile since that usually makes them more fitted and then put them on to see if it was true. LOL Guess it is true! My measurements haven't changed a whole lot but I am not good at being consistent at where I measure myself on my legs, etc.
  • mg234080
    mg234080 Posts: 29
    Options
    My husband said my shorts were too big on me and that they should be donated.

I wore pants to work that have never fit me. I bought them without trying them on. They are loose on me.

Jeans zipped up and buttoned that I haven't worn for at least 3 years. They're super tight but they fit.
  • mg234080
    Options
    My husband complained that my 9 year old daughter left her underwear on our bed. It was mine, not hers.

I've trashed all of my granny panties.

This is awesome!!!!
  • mg234080
    Options
    Sat in the wifes Toyota pickup and was able to buckle the seatbelt without leaving the door open to have enough space.

Great job!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I bought medium t-shirts at Macy's and on line at Jockey.com .

I lost 1/4" on my waist. I am now at 33.25 inches as a waist measurement. That is down from 41 inches from June 2012.
  • jxspxr
    jxspxr Posts: 150
    Options
    Interesting term, None Scale Victory. Let's reflect on this week:

1 - The biggest one is that I greatly expanded my running from barely one time per week (+-6 km) to three times per week (+-40 km total). I am considering adding a fourth run and a 4 or 5 kilometres to that this evening..
    2 - Connected to #1 - Since this week I am regaining the confidence in my own body. My main motivation for losing weight was to become more effective at sports (and moving around in general). I am impressed by my abilities, and I am just over halfway with my weight loss, so it's exiting to think about my abilities when I am at 80 kg, or after that, when I've been exercising for a lot of time.
    3 - Quite some friends noticed that I lost weight. Did not happen a lot before this week. And I've already lost so 13.5 kg!
    4 - I quit smoking this week. I fell back, but because I am losing weight and exercising now, I decided that smoking does not fit my life - you might say it makes me less fit ;).
    5 - I am surprised when I look in the mirror - while the scale doesn't show me my weight loss, it's always going up and down for 10 to 15 days until I lose one to two kilograms, then it does the same again at a lower level, the mirror does show it to me!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I ran a seven minute mile this week. Not all that impressive, but it's been many years since I did it.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get hit on by guys on a regular basis, given the nod of approval at the gym after an intense elliptical session, and even though BMI is considered Scale Victory I am no longer Extremely Obese but just Obese now. Yes that makes me happy because I am on my way!
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Stretchy drawstring gym shorts I just tied tighter last week now fall off while walking around the house.

Flabby wrinkly deflated bit of thigh at the top now migrating to whole length of thigh... for the win?

Edit: Not this week, but the one that really matters: A1C down to 5.5 wooooop
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I didn't put myself down
    My capris are falling off
    I added weight to my bench press
    and I also had a scale victory :)
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options

4 - I quit smoking this week. I fell back, but because I am losing weight and exercising now, I decided that smoking does not fit my life - you might say it makes me less fit ;).

Best V ever!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    -upped the weight I'm lifting at the gym (again)
    -wore jeans that have been tight but this week they weren't
    -put on a jacket that I had (in the past) have to pull down over my belly, this time it just slid down on it's own over my belly
    -a few times this week I've missed my lunch workouts so have had to double up after work and didn't "DIE" after 2 hours of working out!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old son came up and gave me a hug and exclaimed "Wow!! I can get my arms around so much more of you!" (His way of saying I've shrunk :laugh:). You bet I teared up!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Fit into size 16 jeans for the first time in at least 2 years :bigsmile:
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    1. Got hit on by a 25 year old
    2. Gave my mom pants that no longer fit me (she has ALWAYS been skinny)
    3. Resisted donuts at work
    4. Haven't had soda for 3 days (I am a reg soda drinker... can't do the diet)
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I ran a seven minute mile this week. Not all that impressive, but it's been many years since I did it.
    Don't sell yourself short... that is AWESOME!!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1. Made a commitment to eat only at the dining room table and made it 75% of the time.
    2. Ate one lb of veggies every day this week using my Hamiliton Beach steamer and some light Asian dressing
    3. Decide to read at night instead of watching TV and then noshing when I got hungry late at night.
    4. Did not try to persuade anyone on MFP of anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!