Need a new TV Series to watch!

Options

Replies

• rainbowdaze1029
    rainbowdaze1029 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Wentworth! If you liked Orange is the New Black then try Wentworth. It's really similar but it's less comical and more serious but the plot twists are sooooo good. Took me 2 episodes to get used to the Australian accents but don't let that stop you. It's amazing. (it's on Netflix!)
  • TheHive
    TheHive Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wentworth! If you liked Orange is the New Black then try Wentworth. It's really similar but it's less comical and more serious but the plot twists are sooooo good. Took me 2 episodes to get used to the Australian accents but don't let that stop you. It's amazing. (it's on Netflix!)

Wentworth has been on my list for a while so I should get round to it soon
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Since you are asking, I am going to tell you "Supernatural". Started long ago and still on TV. You can catch it on Netflix, I do believe.
    Good music, good killing of evil. Plus as you advance in the series they mock themselves and place some comedy here and there. There is nothing they cannot do, it is hysterical.
  • andrea9133
    andrea9133 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone mention "Outsiders". Season 2 starts on this week. An unlawful clan who live away from society on a mountain, who are fighting to keep big corp from taking their mountain. One of the stars is Opie from SOA. I think it doesn't get much attention because it's on a network I've never heard of -- WGN.
  • TheHive
    Options
    andrea9133 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention "Outsiders". Season 2 starts on this week. An unlawful clan who live away from society on a mountain, who are fighting to keep big corp from taking their mountain. One of the stars is Opie from SOA. I think it doesn't get much attention because it's on a network I've never heard of -- WGN.

now that sounds epic I'll take a look
  • zainaawali23
    zainaawali23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dexter and Shameless are awesome. Anyone seen Taboo? Was wondering if it was good.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Dexter and Shameless are awesome. Anyone seen Taboo? Was wondering if it was good.

Yes, I missed last nights episode and apparently it was a bit confusing, but well worth a watch.

Survivors is only one season so that's good to watch. I also liked iZombie and Continuum. currently upto S4 of Spartacus. Usually watched whilst doing cardio in the gym, suddenly getting men over on the machines next to and I can see them trying to figure out what I'm watching
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    OA was super boring and didn't make any sense !!! A complete waste. Stranger things, Sense 8, Lucifer is funny, this is us, American horror things (most recent season)
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more with the 'Mr. Robot' recommendations. I would also throw in 'Sneaky Pete' (Amazon original).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just started watching it recently, but I've really been getting into The Night Of. I started it yesterday and just finished the third episode today.

For ongoing series, American Crime Story will be going into it's second season soon and This is Us returned from hiatus two weeks ago.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I think Taboo is very good based on the first two episodes, beautifully filmed with plenty of War of 1812 era intrigue. Enough mysteries surrounding Tom Hardy's character to keep you watching.

A couple of people mentioned The Expanse on SyFy -- it's one of the best science fiction dramas ever filmed (and likely the best thing SyFy has ever done). If you like science fiction, it's a must watch in my opinion. The Nat Geo series Mars is also worth watching, combination of documentary and fiction.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    I think Taboo is very good based on the first two episodes, beautifully filmed with plenty of War of 1812 era intrigue. Enough mysteries surrounding Tom Hardy's character to keep you watching.

A couple of people mentioned The Expanse on SyFy -- it's one of the best science fiction dramas ever filmed (and likely the best thing SyFy has ever done). If you like science fiction, it's a must watch in my opinion. The Nat Geo series Mars is also worth watching, combination of documentary and fiction.

thank you!

I just moved The Expanse into my netflix queue; it looks great!
  • therwil
    therwil Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get into Orange is the New Black. What am I not getting?
  • TheHive
    Options
    therwil wrote: »

it's a true story, it's hilarious and keeps you on your toes throughout.
  • TheHive
    Options
    got 5 minutes into A series of Unfortunate events and realised I am no longer twelve :'( really couldn't enjoy it, major cringe fest.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Orphan Black.
  • clarkeemma306
    clarkeemma306 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How to get away with murder
  • cindylyn62
    cindylyn62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The 3%
    The Magicians
    loved firefly also.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    therwil wrote: »

I stopped at season 3. Really kinda weird and makes me feel uncomfortable at times. I hope I never end up in jail.

I started Being Human (US version) and enjoying it so far. I quit the OA after 4 episodes because it's just too weird.