Need a new TV Series to watch!

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I started watching The Outsiders and Taboo this week, still not too sure on The Outsiders, but loving Taboo (the fact that Tom Hardy gets naked in it, has no impact at all whatsoever :lol:)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Wentworth! If you liked Orange is the New Black then try Wentworth. It's really similar but it's less comical and more serious but the plot twists are sooooo good. Took me 2 episodes to get used to the Australian accents but don't let that stop you. It's amazing. (it's on Netflix!)

I loved Wentworth, far grittier than OINTB
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I watched all of Frontier on a day off. It was just that dang good, only six episodes too
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    therwil wrote: »
    I couldn't get into Orange is the New Black. What am I not getting?

I stopped at season 3. Really kinda weird and makes me feel uncomfortable at times. I hope I never end up in jail.

I started Being Human (US version) and enjoying it so far. I quit the OA after 4 episodes because it's just too weird.

I stopped at season 3 as well. I just...couldn't get into it anymore. I thought the first season was awesome, but after that I felt like it was a lot of gratuitous sex.

I loved Being Human (US) and was sad when it ended. I was thinking about re-watching it :)
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Arrow, the Flash, Hawaii 5-0, Blindspot, Scorpion & my favorite new show of the season, Lethal Weapon. It has the same vibe as the movies, unlike the horrid Rush Hour series. I also like the show Timeless on NBC. It's a fun time travel show. I agree with the poster who suggested Alias & 24.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Firefly. Short.. one season. Available on Netflix now. If you really need something to keep you busy a while, Stargate SG1 is 10 seasons, Stargate Atlantis is 5 seasons, and Stargate Universe is 2 seasons.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Shameless
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I think next will be the first season of Santa Clarita Diet when its available on Netflix.. Filling in gaps with a new show not yet determined.. lol

I too could not get into Orange is the New Black.. I did 3 episodes before I bailed.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Basically AMC is killing it:

If you enjoyed Breaking Bad......then.......Better Call Saul on AMC is an absolute must. A lot of people have recommended a lot of great shows in this thread which I completely agree with, but I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Better Call Saul. There are tons of witty obscure Breaking Bad references. Mike and Jimmy are frig'n awesome.

Preacher on AMC is amazing. One of the best bar fight scenes I have ever seen and a hilarious Tom Cruise reference.

Humans on AMC is really really good.

Mr. Robot is freakishly entertaining. It's like Fight Club meets WarGames.

Black Mirror is like a modern day version of The Twilight Zone on steroids.

• Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I second Better Call Saul if you loved Breaking Bad. It's on Netflix right now. I'm also surprised Dexter wasn't listed.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Umm seriously you didn't name 3 shows I thought would be there.

Friday night lights (just finished the series for the second time)
    The office (seen the series about 20 times)
    Stranger things.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    NYPD Blue is AWESOME!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I think next will be the first season of Santa Clarita Diet when its available on Netflix.. Filling in gaps with a new show not yet determined.. lol

I too could not get into Orange is the New Black.. I did 3 episodes before I bailed.
    I tried watching Santa Clarita but couldn't get past the first five minutes.

• TheHive
    TheHive Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Watched Santa Clarita all the way through yesterday, awesome take on zombies. Absolutely hilarious.
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Schiits creek in Netflix
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    TheHive wrote: »
    I've nearly ran dry of shows to watch so need some recommendations, I'll probably miss a few but I'll list what I've completed or I'm up to date with:

weeds, spartacus, hell on wheels, Znation, walking dead, fear the walking dead, Game of thrones, sons of anarchy, breaking bad, lost, prison break, vikings, Agents of Shield, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, it's always sunny in philidelphia, peep show, community, Rick and Morty, Attack on Titan, Sword Art online, Bleach, orange is the new black, black books, spaced, only fools and horses.

You tried power or shooter?
  • TheHive
    TheHive Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    naa I've not. just restarted vikings again
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    The Wire is pretty much the best show I've ever seen. The Killing & The Fall are good too.
    The Crown was fabulous.
    There's a mini series on HBO called The Night Of
    and it was good too.