I am so sick to death of this!!!!

Options

Replies

• yomikeya
    yomikeya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think a good rule is to not care what people say on Internet comment boards. The Internet is a messed up place full of people who hide behind anonymity to be mean to others.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    the amount of misinformation in these forums is staggering.

behind the snark and sarcasm is help, good advice, and logic....believe it or not.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Eh, ignore them. They are hungry.:bigsmile:

Some people wish they could eat closer to 1200 they'd probably see more results, but they just can't restrain themselves to do it. Some may be envious? And it comes out in a crappy way.:flowerforyou:

Why would anyone wish they could eat that little?!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Friendly tip: You can edit your post to edit typos instead of making a completely separate post to correct it. :flowerforyou:

I don't think it's so much the 1200 calorie a day eaters that make people want to bash their heads in. It's the thousands of posts in the forums from the people that eat 1200 and are wondering the results, aren't getting results, are feeling crappy, are advocating it, etc. Daily.

A lot of folks are trying to help. Even with the sarcasm.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Some people wish they could eat closer to 1200 they'd probably see more results, but they just can't restrain themselves to do it. Some may be envious? And it comes out in a crappy way.:flowerforyou:

What? :laugh:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mo32bdbBpm1sub200o1_400_zps652f3032.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

so youre suggesting that the people eating closer to tdee are hungry? and that we envy those who are able to stick to 1200 cals?

28468-Taylor-swift-lol-gif-bzRK.gif

your logic is unbelievably flawed.
  • Smakt5
    Smakt5 Posts: 4
    Options
    I.m 51 and on a 1200 calorie a day diet, but I make sure I swim laps every day (60x25) non stop and 20x25 non stop but as a cool down. It gives me enough extra calories to add on to my 1200 a day. So I,m not starving, exercising and enjoying myself. And losing weight,slowly.....but surely about 22 pound in a year and counting. So do what makes you happy....:smile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

What? :laugh:

Yes. All these very successful people who are freely giving good advice are quite envious of those just starting out and starving themselves, because you know, people who have lost 50, 100, or even 300 pounds can't restrain themselves . . .

^ read that with the missing sarcasm font just in case it's lost on anyone
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't see this much. I see people reacting to those who are netting 1000 calories or less, mostly.

I guess that the people responding want to let others know that they can consume more calories and still lose. Often, when people restrict their caloric intake drastically, it sets them up for failure, because they aren't able to maintain it.
    Ok I have a question for you then? Is it more impossible for the person who has lost weight eating 1200 calories than the person who lost weight eating 2000 calories to keep it off? If so why? Just an honest question because I really do want to maintain the weight I have lost. This isn't really a diet for me in my mind but a lifestyle change so I plan on eating this way the rest of my life.

It's been shown that people on a less restrictive diet are more likely to have long term adherence.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

so youre suggesting that the people eating closer to tdee are hungry? and that we envy those who are able to stick to 1200 cals?

28468-Taylor-swift-lol-gif-bzRK.gif

your logic is unbelievably flawed.

Agreed.

OP, this is why you experience snark on the forums here. More bad information being countered with good information from someone that's also tired of seeing the bad info. Not to speak for skullshank, but I'm willing to bet that's the case.

Because seriously, why would someone that loses at 2000 calories be jealous of someone that loses at 1200?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

what-no-gif.gif
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    12oo WORKS FOR ME!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Because seriously, why would someone that loses at 2000 calories be jealous of someone that loses at 1200?

My question exactly.

I was always hangry eating 1200 the first time on MFP. And that's why I always quit...I underate, felt miserable and couldn't adhere to the lack of fuel.

So much happier eating 2,100. :3
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss OP! I eat 1200 cals too and have done well on it.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?? Seriously...just crack on with it and stop caring.....you will find it easier I promise...
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think, the biggest issue with the 1200 calories threads, is this: 85% of people do this

1. I wanna lose weight, let's try MFP.
    2. OH! Wow, it tells me I can lose 2 lbs a WEEK? AWESOME!
    3. I just sit at a desk when I'm not working out, I guess I'm sedentary.
    4. MFP tells them 1200 calories, and they don't even eat that.. then they work out on top of it.. creating an even bigger deficit.
    5. Lose a lot, fast, brag about 1200 calorie success.
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

Now. That being said. These threads happen hundreds of times per day. Most times, and I mean really.. seriously.. 95% of the time.. people get the 1200 number because they don't put the right information in when they set up the account. There are a great number of people that are trying to help. I'm one of 'em.

I'm a hardcore advocate of actually finding out what works for the individual.. by means of other calculators, averages, time, practice, and patience.

Blanket prescriptions of 1200 calories "because it worked for me" is more harmful to the generic new user than the "figure out what you need to eat." Unfortunately, one is a LOT easier to type.

Well said
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here like to talk about calories to look for support and encouragement. Every individual on here is different with their needs of how much to eat, and everyones diets and exercise regiems are different.

Having said that, I think someone would get a serious bashing if they were eating unhealthy like 900 cals. It's all different for everyone, and as long as the person isn't starving, and healthily losing weight, its not a big deal
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Forget what others have to say unless it is positive. I am also supposed to stick with 1200 cals per day and that came from fit pal and my doctor as I am only 4'11" so that is correct for my body type and age ect. You can have a very healthy diet and only consume 1200 cals per day it is very easy infact if you eat the nutritious foods you are supposed to be eating!! I think if what you are doing works for you then you should stick with it!!! and it seems to be as you are down quite a bit :) I say keep up the great work and ignore the negative people!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't see this much. I see people reacting to those who are netting 1000 calories or less, mostly.

I guess that the people responding want to let others know that they can consume more calories and still lose. Often, when people restrict their caloric intake drastically, it sets them up for failure, because they aren't able to maintain it.
    Ok I have a question for you then? Is it more impossible for the person who has lost weight eating 1200 calories than the person who lost weight eating 2000 calories to keep it off? If so why? Just an honest question because I really do want to maintain the weight I have lost. This isn't really a diet for me in my mind but a lifestyle change so I plan on eating this way the rest of my life.

It's been shown that people on a less restrictive diet are more likely to have long term adherence.

Yes. Quite simply, the easier something is to do, the more likely it is that someone will do it. People who give themselves all kinds of rules to follow are more likely to break one of their rules, thus feeling like they have failed.

Many people are in a huge rush to lose weight, for some reason, so they drastically restrict their caloric intake, and devise very intense workout schedules. It just makes it harder to keep it up. Those who take their time and do it gradually will usually have better success.