kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The Kardashians.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Baseball
    Screw you guys saying football. Football is exciting. Baseball makes me want to stab my eyes out. It takes WAY too long. The announcers can tell you their life story while ONE guy is at bat.
    America's favorite past-time my *kitten*

I want to run away with you to a tropical island.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Baseball
    Screw you guys saying football. Football is exciting. Baseball makes me want to stab my eyes out. It takes WAY too long. The announcers can tell you their life story while ONE guy is at bat.

Only if we can still watch football.
    Also, I need chicken wings to survive

I would have it no other way.

Anything else?

If you don't ask, the answer is no.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Baseball

Only if we can still watch football.
    Also, I need chicken wings to survive

I would have it no other way.

Anything else?

If you don't ask, the answer is no.

I have a list. It may include some photos to better explain some of the things I need. Better for you understand up front than be shocked and horrified later on.

Shocked AND horrified?

We'll be perfect together.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Disney World. I went when I was 17 and I was not impressed. (maybe I was too old?)

Honestly, I have never been. I don't know if I want to. I mean you practically have to refinance your house to take the whole family and have a really good time. But when you get there you stand in line waiting a good chunk of the time. That just doesn't sound like a fun time to me. At least, these are things people that have been told me. I will probably end up going just so I know first hand but I am not in a big hurry to do so.

I just felt it was more for young kids or kids at heart who are really into Disney. (obviously.) I'm sure I would have felt way cooler at that new Harry Potter theme park bc I would've and am more into that. Plus Universal theme park was right there staring me in the face and everyone I went with had a medical condition or was too overweight to ride on any cool rides with me so I just majorly missed out. The lines were soooooo long and for the end game to be some too young for me kiddy ride I was over it for sure. My feet were sooooo sore! I did get a great picture in front of the castle and that's the best part.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Toe socks.....Just... No.....

Toe socks are still a thing?? I stopped wearing mine 10 years ago.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Baseball

Baseball is great when you have one of these in the outfield.....
    o3d42akgkuvo.jpg
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    Craft Beers

"Hey guys, I'm gonna make a beer that has so much hops in it, no one will be able to drink it."

YES. Husband is a homebrewer. He makes a beautifully balanced IPA that doesn't knock your face off when you drink it, and he loathes the American IPA trend. It's driven the cost of hops up so much. I don't get why trying to break the record for highest IBU beer is a thing to strive for.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Craft Beers

"Hey guys, I'm gonna make a beer that has so much hops in it, no one will be able to drink it."

YES. Husband is a homebrewer. He makes a beautifully balanced IPA that doesn't knock your face off when you drink it, and he loathes the American IPA trend. It's driven the cost of hops up so much. I don't get why trying to break the record for highest IBU beer is a thing to strive for.

I work for a company that supplies a lot of home brewing and other "Tools for Drinking" and we often host some of the local micro-breweries for tasting events. I don't go to those events anymore because the beer has become un-drinkable.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    DevilsFan1 wrote: »
    Superhero movies. It's time to grow up.

Wut??? Why???

OK OK a lot of them have been done badly but c'mon 'Capt America Civil War' was excellent!

Can't wait for the Black Panther movie! With any luck we'll get Florence Kasumba vs Scarlet Johansson!!! I'm giving odds of 3 to 1 on Florence!...any takers? :mrgreen:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Baseball

How can you say baseball isn't exciting?

m4307odxrfu7.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Baseball

How can you say baseball isn't exciting?

m4307odxrfu7.gif

Because it only happens once in like 30 years.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Craft Beers

I work for a company that supplies a lot of home brewing and other "Tools for Drinking" and we often host some of the local micro-breweries for tasting events. I don't go to those events anymore because the beer has become un-drinkable.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and taste buds actually vary quite a bit from person to person, hence my loving cilantro while the next person I meet complains about it tasting soapy. I love kale, while non-kale-loving folk tell me I'm a hipster who has jumped on a trend.

What I've noticed is that wifey and I LOVE hoppy beer, dark / bitter coffee, and leafy greens like kale, spinach, chard, mustard greens, etc. I'm sure there are other things I could bring up, like how wifey loves vinegar on things and how her dad's hot wings literally are butter and the most vinegary hot sauce he could find. Apparently, we like things that are tart and bitter. Others don't. I love me a balanced IPA, but high IBU beers that show it (without a jack ton of malt to compensate) are fun to taste!

Anyway, throwing in my own two cents:

Pumpkin Spice
    Superhero Movies
    Most movies nowadays (I guess that makes me hipster... no chip on my shoulder there...)
    The Office (US)
    Oreos that taste anything like Oreos
    Cycle bars
    Shooting people in the neck with darts... oh, wait, that's not a trendy thing... yet...
    Ellipses
  • jnichel
    Options
    Baseball

Baseball is great when you have one of these in the outfield.....
    o3d42akgkuvo.jpg

Yes, look how engaged the fans are! A couple of them are actually looking at the field!

I swear....one of these days.....bang, zoom! :)
  • cee134
    edited January 2017
    Options

Yes, look how engaged the fans are! A couple of them are actually looking at the field!

To be fair, I use to be that way about baseball. But, when I was young I was forced to go to a minor league game and ended up not wanting to leave. I don't know why but it's better live.

Edit: and drunk.
  • jnichel
    Options

To be fair, I use to be that way about baseball. But, when I was young I was forced to go to a minor league game and ended up not wanting to leave. I don't know why but it's better live.

Yes, better, but still less exciting than any sport outside of golf.
    And apparently the LSU fans disagree ;)

LSU won the 2015 golf national championship too. :-p
  • cee134
    Options

Yes, better, but still less exciting than any sport outside of golf.
    And apparently the LSU fans disagree ;)

Don't hate me, but I fall asleep when I watch football. Unless it's a big game. I do love college football. TBH most sports is only exciting at the end, the rest seems pointless to me.

To be fair, I do like watching sports, when I happen too, because it's the only thing on TV I can't predict.