I just don't get the hype....

Replies

• HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Blair Witch, Napoleon Dynamite and The Matrix.
  • slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    Blair Witch, Napoleon Dynamite and The Matrix.

how much you wanna bet I could throw you over that mountain?

9q5fgntwi250.gif
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Stanced cars (just stop it now).
    Celebrity anything (and just celebrities in general, basically).
    Big weddings (do you even get to spend time with anyone you invite?).
  • Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.

I agree. Hands down 'The Dark Knight' is the best Batman ever (I think it was just voted one of the Top 5 movies of all time, actually). It fleshed out every character in a way that had never been done before. And Heath Ledger was epic.

OP as far as hype goes I will say the following are not what they're cracked up to be
    This is Us
    Stevia (eww, gives everything a bizarre bitter taste)
    Halo Top (sadness in a carton)
    Cats (total kittens)

Wait wait wait!
    You don't like cats!?

No I don't. They don't like people and just sit around all day looking pissed off. I do that well enough myself - I don't need to get an expensive hissy fur pillow to do it too (especially one that licks its own butt)
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    You are the Devil[/quote]

Hahahahahaha -- why yes, yes I am! That would be Mrs. Beelzebub, thank you very much. Still hate Bacon.

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,227 Member
    edited January 2017
    Bill Murray Meh as an actor. Best years we're on SNL, liked him in Groundhog Day but nothing since. I don't get Wes Anderson films, but then a 68 yo is not his target audience.

ETA: Stripes and that little film Ghostbusters were great on 1980s.
    Bill is probably funny as hell IRL.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2017
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Bill Murray Meh as an actor. Best years we're on SNL, liked him in Groundhog Day but nothing since. I don't get Wes Anderson films, but then a 68 yo is not his target audience.

Bill is probably funny as hell IRL.

Bill is an *kitten*. I had to do a telephone interview with him about 15 years ago. He was horrible and really arrogant.
  • slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Crime / Drama TV shows. They were interesting in the beginning, with ER or Law & Order, but now every show is about being a cop, lawyer, CSI, first responders, Chicago whatever, etc. It's overkill.
    I also don't really care for Beyonce. Fine person I'm sure, but her music isn't that amazing. Same goes for BroCountry. And certainly any country music that sounds like you're rapping.
    As for the Marvel/DC movies (and maybe throw in the Transformers), I don't mind the idea of having so many, but the storylines in them are generally pretty weak, so it does just end up as a bunch of explosions and blowing stuff up.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Stranger Things. It was quite good but it didn't really blow me away the way it has for many people. This is surprising considering the genre is right up my alley. I just felt it moved a bit fast and I don't understand the Internet's obsession with everything Millie Bobby Brown.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    Any reality TV, any get rich quick shite, Arbonne, Beachbody, Herbalife, people that drive Toyota Prius, other peoples kids, especially their babies, cats, foofy coffee........
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Moscato
    it's grape juice basically

Yeah, it's great! lol
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Bieber lol
  • dantew04
    dantew04 Posts: 73 Member
    Tallawah_ wrote: »

Haha! Sorry lol

I agree with Heath Ledgers performance and actually, that is one of the few things I actually loved in the second film. I think I just felt the film could have been taken to much darker territories, but without the risk of alienating too many. I get what you mean with regards to Batmans potrayal, but as much as I am a Christian Bale fan, and as much as he can do dark and messed up characters, I just wasn't won over by his acting in it this time round...