I agree with Minecraft
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    NFL
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Star Wars ( dunks head and runs out of the room)
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Walking Dead (sorry, not sorry!) ;)
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    jasonr1009 wrote: »
    NFL

What??????? God, I love football.....NFL, college, high school! :p
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.

I agree. Hands down 'The Dark Knight' is the best Batman ever (I think it was just voted one of the Top 5 movies of all time, actually). It fleshed out every character in a way that had never been done before. And Heath Ledger was epic.

OP as far as hype goes I will say the following are not what they're cracked up to be
    This is Us
    Stevia (eww, gives everything a bizarre bitter taste)
    Halo Top (sadness in a carton)
    Cats (total kittens)

Wait wait wait!
    You don't like cats!?

No I don't. They don't like people and just sit around all day looking pissed off. I do that well enough myself - I don't need to get an expensive hissy fur pillow to do it too (especially one that licks its own butt)

My kitty just jumped on my lap to snuggle. :-)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Gluten free. It drives me nuts everyone all of a sudden is allergic to gluten. It is an insult to those that actually are.

Consider it a blessing. My wife is gluten intolerant (as well as lots of other foods). I've seen her doubled over in pain from unknowingly eating it. Not Celiac, but a definite issue. Since it got "trendy" it's much easier to find gluten free options and eating out is easier.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    • Steaks
    • Milk
    • Sugar Cookies
    • Seinfeld
    • Cheese

I agree with steak and Seinfeld. I also can't eat most cheese. Sugar cookies and milk are meh.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm gonna say it: WINE

People vie for it and go to the ends of the Earth for it. And while I don't drink anymore (since I was 28), even when I did drink alcohol, I never got why people liked the taste of it.
    BTW, it's the demise for many people on MFP when it comes to weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    Also, Bob's Burgers and Seinfeld.

So you're not into shows about nothing?

I might be guilty of that, but can't think of anything.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

People vie for it and go to the ends of the Earth for it. And while I don't drink anymore (since I was 28), even when I did drink alcohol, I never got why people liked the taste of it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't' like you anymore.
  • Fungeonmaster
    Fungeonmaster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    S'mores...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    S'mores...

Oh, my heart. It just died a little.
  • Fungeonmaster
    Fungeonmaster Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Oh, my heart. It just died a little.[/quote]

I don't like it if things are so sweet that my face hurts... and they're sticky, and crumbly all at the same time. :-(
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This has been me for the past two years. But I only have a bit of vanity weight and my boobs look better when I'm 5 lbs over goal, so IDGAF, I will have my wine.
    ChrisNels1 wrote: »
    Taylor Swift (stands proudly and begs them to come try me)

High five!!! I can't stand her.