Do you try to eat at least 1200 calories daily?

Options
124»

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    MyDeadPal.com

I usually get between 1700-1900 myself, and it does fine for maintenance. I've noticed I don't get any stronger unless I bump things up to 2100-2200.
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Like the others who took the time to post a comment, I also feel that you should make an effort to eat more. When I first started losing weight I ate very little, but I quickly learned that I was doing more harm than good. Take the time to research effective weight loss strategies. Once you figure out the healthiest option for your body, you'll see results and feel amazing.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    expected 4'10" female not 5'10" male.
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    I eat 1200 a day. I eat as clean as possible But I would kill someone and eat my childen if I only at 600 calories a day. One of the keys to being able to maintain whatever calorie you plan to eat is preparation. I prep most of my food on Sunday and Wednesday with free days on Friday and Saturday ( not free over my calories) just watch portion and stay within my goal. I eat back most of my exercise. I am under my BMR by around 300 calories but I am losing.

You are not eating enough and will ruin your metobolism.
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    peanut butter will be your friend. Go eat a jar of it

So happy I've been reading this and learnt that Peanut butter is good!!!
    teaspoon in hand ....... I love Peanut butter!

Dude you need to eat a lot more:flowerforyou:
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    I want to know if everyone who calorie counts, do they try to eat a 1200 minimum. I know that they are many days, like today that i just can't eat 1200 calories, even after a long day at the gym. I'm a male, 250 lbs 19 and i've only had 600 calories for the day. I'm a little hungry but not too much. (Only had subway for the day) Do you try to eat the minimum? they say if you dont eat at least 1200 your body will go into starvation mode.

I'm debating on cooking a meal that can = up to 1200 or just eating a snack and being under for the day.

Let me know your suggestions.

Also i try to eat 1 full meal a day, 1 small meal (usually lunch) and 1 snack for the day... the snack i had today was a sugar free jello pack that has only 10 calories. then i had a 6 inch sub from subway (400 calories, 18 grams of fat) and a small bag of baked lays chips. and of course plenty of water, ive also burned about 900 in the gym today.

Don't just jump into calorie counting and start at a calorie intake of 1200. you're 19 250lbs. start at 2000 for example then every week maybe drop 100 calories off (1900 next week, 1800 after) so your body gets use to a lesser and lesser calorie intake. I would go as far as 1200 but that's me. Also since your cutting calories you wanna make sure the calories you ARE comsuming are good calories that consist of Veggies, Fibers, Proteins, Good fats, and Carbs to help keep you filled throughout the day. And if you're still feeling hungry for those candies just drink water, it'll will trick the body into thinking it's full. hope some of this helps
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lets see....1200+1200+200....

Yes, I eat a few 1200s a day.
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I generally try to get up to it- but feel i struggle sometimes after excersize and still have my mind set on not wanting to eat a load after working out late at night? whats everyones thoughts on eating 1200 plus excersize cals or just 1200 - then whatevers burnt is burnt? im worried about my metabolism... all help appreciated!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I generally try to get up to it- but feel i struggle sometimes after excersize and still have my mind set on not wanting to eat a load after working out late at night? whats everyones thoughts on eating 1200 plus excersize cals or just 1200 - then whatevers burnt is burnt? im worried about my metabolism... all help appreciated!

If you're on the default 1200 calories MFP gives you, eat your exercise calories.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yes, I try to hit at least 1200 calories but I am a 23yo, 127lb female. You should be aiming for waay more, you're setting yourself u for failure!