Daniel fast

Options
124»

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The Daniel fast has only one benefit. It sold books for the inventor.

Daniel was trying to sell books??? Huh.

NO, that was Rick Warren and company.

I think of Warren more as the "exploiter" rather than "inventor." ;)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    alarmed123 wrote: »
    I just stated the things I do not eat.

But that doesn't leave you with anything but cashews, water and oil on that list.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    The fast that Daniel did in the Bible was purely spiritual. Daniel and his friends refused to eat the king's food and had nothing but vegetables and water. They were expected to become sickly and unhealthy. The fact that they didn't was a miracle. The point of the fast was not weight loss or even good health. It was about standing up for God and not following the king's orders. If you feel compelled to do a "Daniel fast" for spiritual reasons then go for it, but I don't really see any physical benefits to it.
    That's actually a different story. Still a good one though.
    Daniel's fast was a 21 day period of mourning and prayer leading up to a visit from an angel.

NO, that was Rick Warren and company.

Warren's eagerness to twist a spiritual exercise into a diet plan so that he can hawk a book does damage to his credibility as a minister.

Interesting. I haven't read Warren's book. I guess that is the fast I remembered most from the story. I do get a little annoyed by people twisting things, like a fast in the Bible, to be able to sell books to dieters. I think that fasting for spiritual purposes is totally separate from weight loss or management. Personally I think fasting for weight loss is not a good idea (unless it is IF which I understand to be more about meal timing than actual fasting).

Agree with all this.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    This was suppose to be a positive post, but everyone is angry or on edge. Well, not everyone. Hmmm anyway, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! <3<3<3

Why does a differing opinion ALWAYS get interpreted as "angry" or "on edge?" Sheesh...stop reading so much into the posts. Nobody is angry. Trust me.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

This isn't what the biblical Daniel ate or did.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My church has been doing it for over 10yrs.... I never could do it because my addiction with food was ridiculous. I was 333lbs and fast food was my religion, I worshiped it. I guess I feel like I can actually do it now and have the self control to do so. Of course I'm going to eat beans and tofu

OP I think this hits the nail on the head - this would be a spiritual and social accomplishment for you in your personal journey. Go for it - you know how to monitor your macros and calories if you got this far. 30 days is totally reasonable. Good luck!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Cyber bullying at its finest.

Where???
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Where???

Maybe that's Rick Warren.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Strong first post.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

LOL! Nice first post. :*
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    TIL i've been doing the "daniel fast" for over 3 years.

Interesting.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Well my normal diet is no carbs, sweets, fried food, junk food and I don't drink my calories.... not going to change that... just going to eliminate even more food.... <3

The legumes and lentils are going to be pretty important for getting adequate protein....