Best 3 lifts?

Options

Replies

• JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @psuLemon Everything is moving up! Can't really ask for more! Good job!

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    aelunyu wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    rasalmihir wrote: »
    Damn, this thread makes me feel so weak. Great numbers y'all! I have never tried 1RMs, but these are my highest numbers during regular sets.

Squat - 172lbs/ 68kg (x15)
    Bench - 140lbs/ 56kg (x10)
    Deadlift - 185lbs/ 74kg (x10)

I'm 138pounds and 6'0" tall. I know, skinny AF and I need to up my game. Been working out for 2 years with a lot of gaps.

If you want to feel strong, stop doing crazy amount of reps. Work closer to the 4-6 rep range and the increases in strength will occur much faster.

Also, why are we bothering with really weird tiny plates? Haha, I'm sure there's some method to the madness but considering your volume, I don't think it's worth to time to scrouge up 1kg or 2.5lb discs in the gym.

what's wrong with the cookies?

I have to convince the guys that fail weights when they start jumping up in plates that there are OTHER weights available to them besides 45's and even 35's.

I use 2.5lb biscuits ;)
  • arsenalocus
    arsenalocus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this post id missing the key element; body weight.

Me personal weigh in 84kg 1 rep max
    Bench 135kg
    Squat 140kg
    Deadlift 180kg
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Male, age 66 & weight 160#.

Actual 1RM:
    DL 350
    SQT 250
    BP 210
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Only at this for a year and a half but pretty stoked

Deadlift 200 pounds
    Backsquat 155 (front squat only 135)
    Bench press 135
    Push jerk 135
    Power clean 115

41 years old, 5'5" 149 pounds (and cutting- working on it) with a toddler who doesn't sleep...

Snatch 95.. this one took me forever
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    BW 197

Bench 285
    Squat 475
    Deadlift 425

My quads are stronger than my hamstrings, hence my squat a lot heavier, though I'm working on upping my pulls. I'm so close to a 1200 total, I want it by the time I hit 40 this summer!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    BW 197

Bench 285
    Squat 475
    Deadlift 425

My quads are stronger than my hamstrings, hence my squat a lot heavier, though I'm working on upping my pulls. I'm so close to a 1200 total, I want it by the time I hit 40 this summer!

Dude, that is beast!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    emilk2016 wrote: »

Deadlift 200 pounds
    Bench press 135
    Push jerk 135
    Power clean 115

41 years old, 5'5" 149 pounds (and cutting- working on it) with a toddler who doesn't sleep...

Never mind your lifts! You're 41 with a toddler?!? Automatic beast status!!!
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    emilk2016 wrote: »

Deadlift 200 pounds
    Bench press 135
    Push jerk 135
    Power clean 115

Never mind your lifts! You're 41 with a toddler?!? Automatic beast status!!!

Lol, thanks!!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    These are my current lifts rather than PBs which are pretty irrelevant at this point as they'd be years old.

Weight: 89KG (196lbs) I've cut 5.5KG since February

So as of the weekend:

Deadlift: 190KG (419lbs) x 5
    Bench: 100KG (220lbs) x 4
    Squat: 130KG (287lbs) x 5 (I know this is low but I'm coming back from knee issues)

I try and give weights and running equal focus so also run 5-7 times per week for 5-10K.

I'd be interested to hear from other older lifters but at this point me biggest issue really is injuries. I'm constantly dealing with one thing or another juggling tendinitis or soft tissue damage to Achilles, Knees or shoulders (multiple tendons...)

• hardyd85
    hardyd85 Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    6ft 229lbs 32 yrs old. On my last week of a 7 month bulk up from 195lbs. Going to start cutting soon. Hopefully be closer to 200lbs around 10 to 12% bodyfat.
    Finishing up a 7 month 531 cycle. Final results are..
    Squat 405 up from 340
    Bench 330 up from 290
    Military press 205 up from 175
    Deadlift 460 up from 420
  • hardyd85
    hardyd85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These are my current lifts rather than PBs which are pretty irrelevant at this point as they'd be years old.

So as of the weekend:

Squat: 130KG (287lbs) x 5 (I know this is low but I'm coming back from knee issues)

I try and give weights and running equal focus so also run 5-7 times per week for 5-10K.

I'd be interested to hear from other older lifters but at this point me biggest issue really is injuries. I'm constantly dealing with one thing or another juggling tendinitis or soft tissue damage to Achilles, Knees or shoulders (multiple tendons...)

Have tried foam rolling daily and Epson salt baths? I know for me it tends to help alleviate my knee pain. My knees tend to very inflamed and cause very sharp pains when bending 90 degrees or more. I found foam rolling, stretching and Epson salt baths to help allot! Also some KT tape on certain joints can help.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    On a 3.5 inch bar seated shoulder press behind neck 175 5x5 on bench press bar 3.5 inch 225 5x5 squat full 205 5x5 i have a tore bicep in my left arm that was fixed 3 years ago I tore it on the dead lift with 335 on the 47 rep - it's been a long road back ...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    hardyd85 wrote: »

So as of the weekend:

Have tried foam rolling daily and Epson salt baths? I know for me it tends to help alleviate my knee pain. My knees tend to very inflamed and cause very sharp pains when bending 90 degrees or more. I found foam rolling, stretching and Epson salt baths to help allot! Also some KT tape on certain joints can help.

This.

Foam rolling (and the entire DeFranco Agile 8 routine) has helped my lower body in many ways. If nothing else, buying 5/3/1 was worth it to me, just for it informing me of that.

Here's a short list of what's improved since I started doing it:
    Foot cramps at night are gone.
    Knee cracking in squats is gone.
    Squat depth improved tremendously.
    Glute cramping in conventional deads is gone.
    Knees pulling in on squats is gone.
    Back flexibility has improved.

I used to look at foam rollers and think "dumb"..then I tried one on my legs for about five minutes one day, and thought I would cry like a little *kitten*. It took about two weeks of hitting everything 3x per week before it finally stopped hurting. Years of being a truck driver and no mobility work had given me more tightness and trigger points than I care to count.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

So as of the weekend:

I'm 47 & been lifting for most of 35 years. Beat up bodis can do that. I have a autoimmune joint disease that attack tendons as well :).

I also use to run minimum 10-25k every day for years on top of lifting until last year when the disease made it impossible to run.

A couple things that have been proven to help with tendonitis is working the essentrics of a lift and improving your form. Of couse anybody who has tendonitis also know the old bogus advice of icing is useless as it is with just about any injury other than a full belly muscle tear.

Some people swear by foam rolling although there is no data that proves it helps on a permanent basis. But you might find some relieve with it even if it's possibly a placebo effect might be worth a try.

Feel free to PM with any questions on how to work around specific areas of tendonitis with lifting.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Calculators can swing 10 lbs either way.
  • MrHillman22
    MrHillman22 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    220kg x1 Deadlift
    180kg x1 Squat
    130kg x2 Bench
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    220 lbs Deadlift, 180 lbs squat, 140 lbs bench
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member