The cookie diet!

Options
13»

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I need to buy more cookies and get back on this thing.. Life hit me like a tornado and I totally got off track, but I'm not going to let that happen this time. :)
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Where do I get a recipe for making anything less than two dozen cookies? :p I can never actually manage to eat just one because otherwise the other 23 are gonna go bad!

ETA: found one to make 8. Still almost 350 calories for one freakin' cookie.

Take them into your office/place of work/college/share them with your family. Sharing is caring and you will soon become very popular :)
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I was actually on a cookie diet awhile back, morning to night, I got sick of cookies after a week and craved regular food the way I did cookies.

Just made me realize me wanting cookies was just my bodies way of telling me I'm eating too much " real " food, so what to do? Eat everything in moderation, one cookie is probably not enough, you're just teasing yourself lol.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I am also one of those people who think cookies are meh :/
    Give me a slice of home made cake, especially Victoria Sandwich cake, that would be more like it :smiley:
  • serindipte
    Options
    Give me a slice of home made cake, especially Victoria Sandwich cake, that would be more like it :smiley:

Fortunately, the cookie diet leaves plenty of room for substitutions! :smiley:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Because you’re on the wrong side of the pond m’dear... ;)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    This diet scares me. Especially if it in any way advocates the consumption of girl scout cookies. These inedible hockey pucks that you are suckered into buying must be stopped. They mix cardboard into the batter as filler, or at least they taste that way. Just say no to GSC!
  • serindipte
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This diet scares me. Especially if it in any way advocates the consumption of girl scout cookies. These inedible hockey pucks that you are suckered into buying must be stopped. They mix cardboard into the batter as filler, or at least they taste that way. Just say no to GSC!

Happy to say I've never bought a Girl Scout cookie in my life! Of course, my dad worked for Keebler, so..... yeah, never had any lack of cookies. lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Where do I get a recipe for making anything less than two dozen cookies? :p I can never actually manage to eat just one because otherwise the other 23 are gonna go bad!

ETA: found one to make 8. Still almost 350 calories for one freakin' cookie.

Cookies are usually made from calorie dense ingredients. Some claim to be lower calorie.
    https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/12/21/cookies-recipes-100-calories/
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g4099/healthy-cookie-recipes-to-bake/

You can scale the cookie recipe down yourself or many recipe sites have a feature to scale recipes. Sometimes you get odd amounts when you scale a recipe down. https://m.free-online-calculator-use.com/recipe-conversion-calculator.html

You can mix up the dough for 24 cookies and freeze the portion you do not want to use yet. If you shape it into balls before freezing you can take out just a few to bake at a time.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-freeze-cookie-dough-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-195223
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont eat cookies very often but i do typically have a bit of chocolate every day ;)

i plan that *kitten*. I have to have some badness while watching Shameless every night on netflix lmao
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Because you’re on the wrong side of the pond m’dear... ;)

Is that what the problem is LOL