What foods to cut out?

Options
13»

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of knowing yourself, recognizing when you're hungry and when you're satisfied, not eating emotionally, and knowing what your triggers are for overindulging. No food is forbidden -- if you can eat it moderately, and eating it satisfies your hunger. There are no good or bad calories, but it's important to realize that 50% of the battle is in your head. If keeping a food around is a temptation to overindulge or binge on something else, maybe you want to not keep it around.

If I keep ice cream and candy around the house, I'll eat them. If I want them I'll make a special trip to get a serving - not a big container. I probably have one or the other every couple of weeks. Note that this has nothing to do with the good or bad nature of the food -- it's all about my relationship with ice cream and candy.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Unless you wake up and eat a stick of butter every morning, you're probably fine not cutting out any specific food. That's a time to enjoy all foods.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I want to cut some foods out of my diet, does anyone know some of the best foods to cut out of your diet and the worst foods to cut out of your diet? Thanks

Depends on what you are defining as 'food'? The things with fewer ingredients and less processed the better as the calories from these types of foods will produce 'better' calories or fuel for your body than say calories from a poptart. Yes you could eat nothing but poptarts and stay under your calorie goal and still lose weight BUT, you wouldn't be able to sustain that type of eating long term.

Who on earth is advocating a diet of only poptarts?

Cut out everything but poptarts? ;-)

No, I didn't see that either!

Now that's a challenge I could get behind. At least for half a day...