Water chestnuts?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    They are delicious and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

I've never used the flag option but this was the closest I ever came.

You're crazy. Water chestnuts are yum! With the perfect crunch. Now if we were taking cilantro I could see the possible flag.

Aww, leave cilantro out of this! :disappointed:

I made a comparison. You brought it back in!

Well, no one was sticking up for cilantro, so I had to say something! My salsa and guacamole and tikka masala wouldn't be the same without it.

Did you know that cilantro can also be paired with water chestnuts. This shows the great diversity of the water chestnut. For example, cilantro and water chestnuts can be used in this recipe. Asian Chicken and Water Chestnut Patties.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    ywrng.gif

710t1gvtaqav.gif
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

You're crazy. Water chestnuts are yum! With the perfect crunch. Now if we were taking cilantro I could see the possible flag.

Well, no one was sticking up for cilantro, so I had to say something! My salsa and guacamole and tikka masala wouldn't be the same without it.

If you like soap flavours, all the power to ya!

Maybe it reminds me of my childhood.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I love water chestnuts but I don't mind that not everyone likes them. More for me.

cameron-thats-messed-up-modern-family.gif

I can't help it. I love those little juicy lumps of crunchy!

That is just plain wrong. And yuckypants.

Feel like this may be best solved with pudding wrestling?

I'm ready to buy front row tickets.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

That's right, because they would be BETTER. I know most people say soap, but cilantro tastes like death rays lasering out your taste buds.

Water chestnuts are wonderful, but I won't fight to the death over the correctness of my position. I'll just dump a whole can in a stir fry, watch husband pick them out of his dish, then eat them myself.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Water chestnuts are great and if you disagree, you're bad and should feel bad.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Nope. Not gonna feel bad one bit. And you aren't going to guilt trip me into feeling bad about it.
  • jnichel
    Options

Nope. Not gonna feel bad one bit. And you aren't going to guilt trip me into feeling bad about it.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN! ;)
  • FairhavenDS
    Options

Because your parents cooked with cilantro? Or because you were a bad boy who had your mouth washed out?

You caught me!
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan, if I find them in my meal they wind up on that tiny island at the top right of my plate. Gitmo for water chestnuts
  • jnichel
    Options

The perfect crunch?! Sure if you like a "moist crunch". Water chestnuts probably have the same exact texture as a snails *kitten*...if snails even have a *kitten*.

You keep this up and I'm going to have to reconsider the dreams I have about you.
  • FairhavenDS
    Options

Because your parents cooked with cilantro? Or because you were a bad boy who had your mouth washed out?

You caught me!

My mother washed my mouth out with soap once too. After I called our priest a pervert. I still remember that cruelty.

:disappointed: The only time I remember was when my parents were convinced "This sucks" was profanity.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

The perfect crunch?! Sure if you like a "moist crunch". Water chestnuts probably have the same exact texture as a snails *kitten*...if snails even have a *kitten*.

You keep this up and I'm going to have to reconsider the dreams I have about you.

If you are a fan of water chestnuts I certainly don't want "that kind of person" having dreams about me anyways :p

I just took it as he is going to have to remove the water chestnuts from his dream fantasies, not you.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I love water chestnuts but I don't mind that not everyone likes them. More for me.

cameron-thats-messed-up-modern-family.gif

I can't help it. I love those little juicy lumps of crunchy!

That is just plain wrong. And yuckypants.

Feel like this may be best solved with pudding wrestling?

I'm ready to buy front row tickets.

Whoa! how did I miss this?

@littlemissbgiff are you ready? @LL5lifts are you ready? LET'S GET IT ON!!!