• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    2oejifqid3nk.jpg
    Hello so as a vegetarian low carb is hard but I am using this cook book and so far the recipes are good. Tonight it is Cyprus salad with grilled halloumi cheese. Welcome to all the new people. Reading everyone's goals is very inspiring. It is so good to know that we are not alone in this journey. Have a nice evening.

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, all, and thank you, Barbie, for the new month!

Unfortunately, started off badly here, but could have been oh, so much worse...

DH broke his wrist in a five-foot fall to a concrete floor this morning about 11:30. Reached for a brace that had been tack welded, brace came off in his left hand, he hit the floor with the eight-foot long brace still in his hand. Landed on his wrist, his head and hip on left side. Wrist is a clean break, and set cleanly, apparently.

He's right-handed, thank goodness. He's soft-casted and off work for seven to ten days, and I need to get him an appointment with a local doctor... Morphine should be wearing off within the hour--they gave him the shot about 3 hours and 45 minutes ago. Already scrambled to get the pain pill prescription filled and argued him into taking one.

Oh, and paper's out.

At least I'm off tomorrow.

More on goals, etc., tomorrow morning, while he sleeps in!

Lisa in West Texas
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Joyce, I feel for you shopping with Charlie. My MIL used to do that. She would spend 15 minutes looking and looking at an item she never considered buying. Doesn’t it just make you want to scream!!! Good for you on no riding in the store!!

Katla, good for you on brining your DH’s bike inside. Sounds like a great solution.

Kay, sounds like you are “getting’ it done”. Way to go. Isn’t retail therapy just miraculous? DH asked the other day, well what are you going to buy now? We don’t need a thing and have no place to put anything else. I really don’t buy that much but since he buys practically nothing I guess it just seems like it. Maybe I need to start doing the grocery shopping again so I can get that thrill of spending money…… NOT!

Janetr, wow that seems fast on getting your leggings. You gonna share a picture?

Sharon, I had hoped that you would like the trailer. Oh and I seem to remember maybe you said “I love it” once or twice. It does sound like a great deal. I hope you will enjoy!! How often do ya’ll go and for how long?

Allie, you know we support you. Who wouldn’t want to at least try to make it work if he is willing. Good luck and just don’t take any crap off of him. ((((Hugs))))

Donna, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Come often and keep doing what you are doing. Thanks for signing your post with your name and location as it really helps.

NYKaren, thanks for the picture of you and Rori. I wish I could meet up with some of you. You both look great and I know it was a good time.

Sara, your goals sound like good ones. It is important to know that we don’t “always” stick to our plan and just need to start over immediately. Keep up the good work.

Kelly, we definitely support you in your goals. It’s certainly not always easy but it’s doable. (((Hugs)))

Heather, so glad you got better and were able to enjoy your last days. Sorry you stayed at the millionaires club even if it was very nice. It’s hard to enjoy dinning out and spending when things are so overpriced. Safe travels home.

Rita, so glad you are feeling better.

Kaye, the coat looks great. Glad you could get it altered even if it was a bit pricy.

Pam, welcome. Come here often and get all the support you could want.

Many of you had a successful January and I hope we all have a successful February. I did drop about 3 pounds but have more to go to just get back to my lowest on this journey. I have re-committed to eating right and exercising so I do expect to see some progress by the end of this short month.
    DH had bloodwork this morning early but got home in a FOUL mood. The doctor’s office gave him a 5 page form to complete. They have changed computer software and want updated information to compare to make sure it transferred over correctly. He was too huffy to do it there and told them he would take it home and bring it back later. He didn’t get his blood drawn. After he took it back they called him to reschedule the appointment and he unloaded on the poor lady on the phone. In the end he calmed down and rescheduled for May. With his breathing problems he doesn’t need to be sitting in a waiting room with all those sick people. He’s in a much better mood now, thank goodness.
    It was a beautiful day so I worked outside while he was gone doing some cleaning in the screen porch that I had been putting off.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the veggie pun sign...I inherited my complete and total love for bad puns from my mom. Got a chuckle out of that one.

Allie, I haven't commented to you or your situation as I don't feel I "know" you well enough, but your post made me remember this: Several years ago my DH and I were having breakfast in an IHOP. We were sitting in a booth, and couldn't help but overhear the conversation in the booth behind us, which appeared to be taking place between a pastor or priest and a young couple about to be married. As we were leaving, we heard the pastor ask, "If you could describe marriage in two words, what would they be?" We didn't hear their answer, but when I asked DH the same question, his answer was "it's work".

It's definitely work, but it's definitely worth working for. Good luck to you both!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Z
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Lisa so sorry about DH's wrist. Hope he mends quickly.

Did a fifth grade today!

Resting now!

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.

Quiet day for me today. Temps rose up to the 80's! Took the dog for her nail grind earlier before it got too hot. Getting my steps around the house today and doing some tidying up.

Lisa-So sorry your husband broke his wrist. OMGoodness what a fall. Bet he aches all over.
    Allie-At my marriage's lowest point I insisted the hubs go into therapy with me. So very glad that he did! Marriage is all about Communication, Commitment and Compromise. It involves work from both sides. I feel you are a much stronger woman now and will stick up for yourself through the upcoming process! Stay strong!
    Heather so glad to hear you are feeling better. A trip to remember for sure!

Cheri
    in warm College Station, TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Kate, love the coat! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to have mine altered. I just last week bought a new one at the end of season clearance. I am going to get some of my favorite, expensive pants altered, though. Pants shouldn't be as pricey as a winter coat.

Ally, we are on your side. I'm just glad you are standing up for yourself.

Rori and Karen , you guys look great. Such a great opportunity.

Thanks for the ideas on a new way to cart my stuff. I'm going to look into that tool cart thing. I'm going to upload a 3-part picture. The one on the left is what I had that broke. My son gave me one like the middle. It is great when I have a lot, but often is too big. The third is what I'm going to try. I have the folding hand truck already as well as a big plastic milk crate like basket. I just ordered some bungee cords to anchor the basket the hand trucks. The suitcase idea might work, but I think I need more depth and room for stuff to stick out the top.

wkz2n2y6j162.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lisa: I'm so sorry that your DH was hurt in a fall. I hope his wrist heals quickly and completely. (((HUGS)))

DJ: So far I've had two good workouts on the bike in the living room & DH has said he'll ride it, too. The proof is in the doing. I am in wait and see mode where he is concerned. I know I'll get the good out of it. :wink:

We are expecting another round of winter weather that includes snow. Wind is here already but it feels fairly warm outside right now. I'm praying snow and ice will be gone by the time we need to go in for DH's eye surgery! The forecasts currently indicate that it will probably be clear by then. I'm hopeful.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

February 2017 Resolutions:

1: Log every bite and swallow;
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png[/url]
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn – Boo!!! … On Clinton not coming to give a speech to the boy scouts. See PM.

barbiecat – Love the quote … I’m starting a ‘new’ day, month, and rest of the year. I met DH, DOS, and DBnL for lunch at Waffle House and cut my meal in ½ like I normally do when we go out; then, came home and walked the dog for 40 minutes. Hopefully, if I can stay within my caloric intake and exercise 40 minutes a day, and drink a lot of water, I will lose this next weigh-in; I have been on the plateau at 160lbs long enough; I am ready to see the 150s. Seems to be much harder the closer I get to my goal.

Goals for January – stayed the exact same weight the entire month
    Goals for February – To get kicked off the plateau I am on; and be ‘in the number range’ of my ‘goal range number’ … and to continue posting and tracking.
    Read my Daily Bible and stay ‘current’
    Word for 2017 – “Dedication”

Katie – It’s a good thing you don’t live near my DDnL#2; if she saw that cart in your trash, she would have picked it up and figured out how to ‘repurpose’ it. She found a solid wood bedframe out by the trash heap; went home and got the truck and got it. She made a really nice bench out of it and they put it out on the covered deck at their lake place so they can store some of their hunting clothes and stuff in it. She was getting ready to make the box for it, and DYS took over. She was not a very happy camper because she really wanted to do it herself. I think he wanted it ‘out of the shed’. Her Dad has made them a platform with drawers in it all the way around to put their new mattress on at the lake house. She already had one at her house (now theirs). Maybe now she will get her own drawer(s) out there. It was his place before they got married. They are going to fix up DYSD the room we normally stay in; but, he told her “NO” to painting the walls ‘pink’ … she can paint it any other color, as long as he gives her the ‘ok’ on it. If she wants ‘pink’ it will have to be in the way of curtains or bedspread. I think they are going to buy a trundle bed to put in there so that when we come out, we’ll have a place to sleep and she will just have to sleep on the twin bed in the smallest bedroom.

Michele – I like pomegranate juice, too; but, when I drink it I have to be wearing something very old! So I won’t be upset if I ‘thump’ it over on myself. I laugh and say that I ‘cannot’ wear ‘white’; but, now I can since I discovered “Woollight InstanClean”. Now, not a problem, it got out the muddy prints where Cracker jumped up on me. Nothing looks better than a white top with jeans and boots.

13 is a “Baker’s Dozen” … if you can add them to one of the packs. LOL! I don’t doubt they made their way to your stomach, they would had made it to mine.

Katie – What is the 12-step thing, I must have missed that.

Sharon – Sorry that Larry was ‘miffed’ about the pictures. When my step-daughter decided that everything that my DMnL had left us did not include any pictures – nor would she send any that I could get copied. It means I only have a couple of DH growing up. It hurts that she took them, then turned her back on us.

Allie – Much love and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers for you and you decision to work at it to make it work. Just make sure that he is going to be ‘honest’ with you. You both have a ‘stake’ in this journey … and it will be a ‘journey’ … Support you all the way!!!!!
    Going to counseling and having someone who can see ‘both sides’ of your and Tom’s issues and learning how to communicate is of utmost importance – make him go; but, ‘if’ he refuses, then go on your own, … he/she might be able to ‘teach’ you ways of ‘making him open up’. I remember when I was going to get out of the hospital when I had to go in, to get it tweaked. They were so wacked out I could not function. My counselor had a ‘family’ meeting and when he told DH that ‘he had a lot to do with me being there’. I thought DH’s jaw was going to hit the floor and he proceeded to tell him that ‘he was not tuning in to me and what I had been telling him (that my medications were not working for me) and he needed to listen to me and not think that I can just go to bed and sleep it off’. Because it meant a 2-hour drive one-way to get me there (when he should have gone ahead and done it) … the next day I was really bad. First time, I had ever broken the plane and become depressed. He got my BFF to take me and I did not understand what was going on. Felt too much like “déjà vu” from another time. It will take a lot of work, breaking habits of not communicating … but, it can be done.

Katla – We have no more room to bring in any kind of exercise equipment into our ‘down-sized’ house. We have a treadmill (which was the smallest one) we could buy insofar as size, not price and it is in front of our front door. IF I had to, I still could get out of the door if I had to. It is just BIG! But, we can watch TV which helps a lot while doing it to keep our eyes ‘off’ the clock.

Yvonne – I print out my daily tracking (food and exercise) and I take it to my nurse/MD every two weeks. She’d like for ALL her patients to do it. I had them to her to scan through and ‘if’ I have a question like I did this last time; she went back through them and gave me suggestions as to ‘how I might be able to ‘jump’ off this 6-week plateau’ which meant I was losing and finding the same two damn pounds. Calorie-wise I did much better today; and, I also walked my dog for 40 minutes. It sure seemed like a lot longer; but, I had forgotten my water at the house. Won’t make that mistake any time soon.

Kate – I understand ‘expensive’ alterations … I was finally able to ‘fit’ into my coat. Beautiful coat, by the way!

Charleen – Dressing is ‘usually’ all the calories. Sometimes I like to put 'lemon juice' on my salad, so they won't be too dry.

Joyce – DH and I have been married over 44 years. He is 9 ½ years older than I am (same age difference as both sets of parents). I had been in a ‘going nowhere relationship for 3 years’; had given my 2-week notice [but had been asked to stay through the Christmas party rush]. I had never noticed him … if he even came into the deli; but, the day he did … he was with 2 of the guys (they were in our wedding) and I was doing something at the counter with my head down. He said something, and my ‘heart’ flipped (several times); and, I looked up at him … he asked if I would ‘go out with him’ and I said ‘yes’. The two guys grabbed him and they walked out. Later that afternoon, the women in the office came over; and, they were giggling. I asked one, ‘what was so funny’ and she said, ‘they had won the bet’. He comes back in later and asks for my ‘phone number’ … the girls ‘knew my name’. Excuse me ‘ladies’ … ‘women’ … my sister hates when if call ‘women’ – ‘girls’ (but they were ‘girls’ at the time). I did not hear from him for 3 weeks. I was beginning to ‘think he was married with children or something’. I asked about him and they said that he was ‘very popular with the ladies in the office’. OH $#*T! What have I done? He called that night and apologized that he had been ‘out-of-town’ and he always went back to Jacksonville on the weekends … which was really ‘home’ to him. We talked for 4 hours and the next night I went to watch him play an office baseball game and the group went out to the Pizza Hut. A cute little blond in his office ‘unmercifully flirted with him’ … to the point that he could not just ‘ignore’ her. The next night he calls and we talk another 4 hours and I asked about her. We’ll she was divorced with 3 children, they had gone out before; but, he did not want to be involved with that load of baggage. He had a child and his ‘ex’ had left him with a lot of debt and moved out-of-state. Fighting that was something he never wanted to go through again. This woman’s ‘ex’ was extremely jealous and made a lot of trouble for her ‘if she went out on a date’.

I laugh when people ask about how we met; I tell them I was the ‘prize’ in a ‘bet at his office’. There are sometimes that I really get some strange looks. But, I was the ‘object’ of an ‘office bet’; and, he does tell me that I am ‘his prize’. He has put up with a lot out of me. My being ‘bipolar’ is probably about the biggest thing; and, almost dying about ever so often for a while. First time, my first pregnancy and complications, then a ‘really’ bad head-on collision. IF I had not been driving a Mercedes … I probably would not be here now. Then, I got Lithium Toxicity. And (hopefully for the last time) … a very mean-spirited PsycheMD sent me to a facility that was for the ‘criminally insane’ … without notifying anyone in my family about it or getting their permission. All I wanted to do was to 'go home' because I 'knew that I'd be treated better by them'. She had dictated and transcribed the discharge summary 2 days before she actually had to opportunity to do so. I took her @$$ before the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners. Had a former boss read over it; at first he said it was ‘too long’; but, after reading it … he was ‘impressed’ with the job I had done on my own. That was from typing up complaints for court for 20 years. He changed a few things and deleted the last paragraph. When he got up to walk me out, he started crying. He had not known what I had battled most of my life. Said I probably would not get far with it. But, it got sent to their Investigative Department and I got a call and was told what I needed to do, did it and when her contract with the hospital ran up, it did not get renewed. She has bounced around from one practice to another, even out of town and back again. She still ‘sees’ patients; but, what good does that do, ‘if the PsycheMD you see’ can’t treat you in the hospital? Also, it will ‘remain’ on her record as long as she is in practice and it won’t matter if she moves ‘out of state’ … anybody checking on her will have access to the complaint (which took up a 5” binder).

What pissed me off the most was that she was not sending my own MDs copies of records even though I had signed enough authorization to paper my entire house. I finally went to the hospital and signed one; then the Medical Records clerk came out and said she could not give them to me. I told her that I wanted them ‘sent’ to my MD, I wasn’t asking that she make copies right then and there @ 25¢ a page; but, she was making it where I was having to have some expensive tests redone when I knew I had had those tests while in the hospital. When she and the hospital got notification of the complaint … I got a call from the hospital that I could come pick them up the next day. Took up an entire expandable folder. It included 5 in-and-out rotating door hospitalizations (thanks to her not giving me enough medication to work for me); and also included 3 weeks of medical records from when I was Lithium Toxic.

When I got to the ‘Hell Hole’ she sent me to … the PsycheMD said, ‘you will never get better at this dosage’ and he upped it 8x over; two days later, I was ‘coherent’. In fact, he was the one who suggested that I report her. She had dictated that I was taking 'insulin' ... which was not true; I had a 'shot' of 'insulin' when they flushed my kidneys. While I was in the Hell Hole, a nurse come over to me with a syringe with clear liquid in it. Told me to roll up my sleeve. I asked her what it was ... she said, 'a shot'. "NO $#*T, Sherlock; let me rephrase the question; what is 'in' the shot? "Insulin" I am NOT diabetic. "Are you refusing to take it?" What part of 'I am NOT diabetic are you having such a problem understanding'? I did not get that shot and the next day I talked to the MD about it and he said that I should NOT have been given it. Nothing in my bloodwork would indicate that I was a diabetic. I absolutely ‘loved’ him. I remember asking him why he was a Psychiatrist; he told me he wanted to be a 'heart surgeon' but the medical malpractice was off the charts. He would have made a good one, such a soft-spoken manner'. I did not ‘make too many friends’ there, for sure. Once he transferred me to a less ‘locked-up’ section I did have a nurse who would make sure that I got my meals sent to me and that they were ‘hot’. Because I got assaulted by a male patient; I was not allowed to go to the cafeteria as a safety precaution. There were others who did not go either, so I did talk to them. I had a hairdresser that I was talking to her and she started laughing and asked me if I had ‘ever seen’ the movie “One Flew Over the Coo-Coo’s Nest” … not then, not now … I can get as far as Jack Nicholson coming through the 2nd set of locking doors and I turn it off. I ‘know’ Nurse Ratchet well … it was my ‘former’ PsycheMD. A lot of MDs think they are ‘gods’ … NAHDA! … They put their pants on the same way anybody else does and they have the same bodily functions. We are on ‘first name basis’ with my GYN … he has treated me since he started into ‘private practice’. Love him to death (now) hated his guts when he was taking care of me during my first pregnancy; but, if I don’t like something (or more his tone) … I will call him on it in a NY minute. I have 4 different MDs that treat me for different things … GP, GYN, Neurologist, and PsycheMD and I love all 3 of them, too.

Hello and welcome to all the ‘newbies’ … we’ve really gotten popular here, haven’t we? Come often, let us get to know you … we are a HUGE group of ladies (and maybe a few men cruising by) and very supportive. We ‘try’ not to get into ‘political’ or ‘religious ideologies’ because they are too ‘hot’.

Lenora
  • sjrs11
    sjrs11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the group
  • sjrs11
    sjrs11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How does it work?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Allie, I've only recently been following your situation -- so glad you and Tom are going thru counseling. I think we all want to see you happy-- DH and I have been married nearly 40 years and it's interesting to see how we've both changed as people throughout the decades, generally as a result of a physical (meaning accident/injury/illness) or financial or "emotional" crisis. He's still my best friend. Amazing, lol.

Kate in the UK - I love that coat and it looks very sharp on you! Great length and cut! Way to go!!

I went to my first Area Agency on Aging meeting...the most interesting part was a conversation before the meeting started - I heard a story about an older single gal who booked several months (or maybe a year?) on a cruise ship and had gone around the world three times. Evidently a person can get long-term bookings? I've seen a lot of jokes about living on a cruise ship v. a nursing home... pleasantly surprised to see older folks enjoying themselves like this. Maybe it would cut down on nursing homes if older people continued to be physically and socially active. I'm not sure I'm made to live on a floating city but would be fun to check out.

I have an appointment with Orthopedic doc next week - my left knee has been paining me - want to know it's arthritis or if I managed to mess it up. Have been going to the gym a bit and using different machines and don't want to make it worse if there's damage.

News on the weight loss front - I'm exactly where I was a month ago, but really didn't try very hard. Perhaps the doctor will tell me to lose some weight and take pressure off that knee. In fact, I'll request him to do that!

Love all the posts, I keep reading tho don't have a lot of time to respond to all of you but you are in my thoughts!

Lanette
    SW Washington State
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    dj I had to laugh at your husband throwing a fit over the paperwork at doctors office--my DH came home yesterday FURIOUS over the exact same thing! >:) He gave everyone what for and even got the head of the medical center on the phone to lodge his complaint. I am just glad I wasn't there to witness a minute of it!

Lisa that must have been harrowing seeing your DH in such pain. I hope he heals quickly and luckily it wasn't his dominant hand. but oh I cringe at the thought of an injury like that!

Kate love the tailoring of your coat, it's just perfect.

Didn't do great after my work meeting --at least I didn't go and hit a fast food place, just came home and overdid it. Hangry is not a good place to be--if only I hadn't forgotten my banana at the meeting--didn't eat the carbs but drank too much coffee and then over ate when I got home. Ah well I am calm now and going to puzzle all night long. Liberty puzzles are the best!

NYKAREN
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    You dear women's husbands stories at the doctor's office is exactly why I go with him everytime he goes to the doctor. He has no patience at all and I have to talk him down when it comes to leaving.

I like the stories of how me met our husbands. I may have told others through the years here. We both started work at the hospital on the same day and were in orientation together. This day was general hospital orientation. I had just gotten over the flu and looked terrible, he was all eyes for another women in the same room. So I wasn't love at first site. But the next month I had reason to go down to the pharmacy and he waited on me and kind of flirted. Then in February we were both on the cafeteria standing in the cashier line. I noticed he didn't have a ticket to pay and asked him why he was in line. He said he was buying a pack of chewing gum. I had a pack of Big Red chewing gum in my purse up on my unit so I told him and said 'come on up and I'll give you a piece'. I immediately realized what I said and was so embarrassed. And he did!!!! At that time we were not using computers that much and sent new patient prescriptions through the tube system. So I had one that needed to be started ASAP and handed it to him and aksed if he would take it down with him. He said he would if I wrote my phone number on the back. So right there in front of all the other staff at the desk he asked me out to the movie. So again I was embarrassed! So we went out on a Friday night, I already had a date with some one else for Saturday night. When Charlie kissed me good night on Friday, it had enough magic to it that I told the guy Saturday night that I didn't want to see himm anymore. Anyway, that was February, in March when my Mom saw me she said she could see we were in love. We were engaged the next month and married in September. That was over 44 years ago. And yes, it is a daily job to keep it going. It is work but it is worth it. He has taken care of me so much, he has understood my MS and made sure that I don't over do it when I am in extreme heat like on vacation like Florida. These last few months he has totally been my strength. But yet the months preceding those I was his strength.

In PT, the therapist stopped an exercise that really bothered me. That 'missionary position' really hurt my back and thighs. I had to use my hands to push my butt up in order to do it. I told her that one of the goals I had was to be able to stand in choir for long periods of time. So we worked on some standing exercises. I thought the way I was feeling on Monday I might be discharged but yesterday and today I had enough pain that I am not ready. So it's still $40 a session.

Off to choir practice.

Joyce, Indiana
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I am also a newbie. There seem to be a couple. :) I'm 50, yea boo... I kind of let things get away from me and now find myself at 180 lb. Ideally, I would like to be around 150. Have a physically demanding job where walking 10 + miles during my shift is pretty normal. Plus heavy lifting and such. I work in a Garden Center/ Nursery. So, I need to add some other form of exercise and change my eating habits. Always have been attracted to rich, creamy sauces, forum ?bread and pasta and such. The trouble is after a tiring day outside, especially in the summer I am so beat and other than a tiny bit of swimming to cool myself off I have no energy to do much of anything. Anyway, it seems like you good people know one another very well, may I ask how long some have been on this site /forum? Any good recipe sites? Any tips overall. And I look forward to maybe get to know some of you :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lisa – So sorry your husband broke his wrist. Sounds like my husband; does not like taking pain medication; but, he is learning that ‘if’ they give it to you they probably know you will need it (at least for a couple of days). Since he had to be catheterized for 3 weeks, he is going to make sure it doesn’t happen again (hopefully) for a while. Just make sure you watch for signs of a concussion since he also hit his head. I guess they watched him long enough before letting him out since it happened this morning.

I wore ‘heels’ Monday (not chunky, which I don’t have any problems with) so I took them off on the way home. When DH decided to stop for a ‘few’ things, I did not want to go inside with him. Slick floor and heels, nah; don’t think so. He is a lot faster without me with him. When we do shop, he will give me half the list and I will go one way, he’ll go the other. When we make up the list; we normally go down it so that ½-ing the list is no problem.

Sharon – Sounds like both of you were pleased with the trailer and purchase price. Is this like a mobile home or a RV type of trailer? Are y’all going to live in it full-time?

DJ – I hope your DH will put his hat in his hand and apologize to whoever he went off on; or he ‘might’ be sitting in the room with sick people longer than he wants. It took me a long time to learn that ‘if’ someone is doing something for you, to get ‘huffy’ with them only makes them ‘huff’ back. Like my Mother used to say, “You get more honey out of the bees with ‘sugar’ than if you do is you use ‘vinegar’!”

Lanette – My DH is my BF, too. From the beginning we agreed that neither of us should give up things we like to do for the other. Example – I like going to museums and art shows, he likes to hunt and fish. He’ll go to an ‘art show’ with me (if it is outdoors); but, he cured me about ‘hunting’ when he put me and my DSY who was about 6- or 7-years-old up in a deer stand that consisted of a sheet of plywood nailed to 4 trees that were maybe 5” in diameter on the coldest, windiest day of the year and left us there all morning. It seemed like all day. Son, would sit on the edge of the plywood, and ‘talked incessantly’. I had my fist knotted around his coat. We were about 20’ up in the air.

Lenora