Beautiful Behaviors - February 2017

Options

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I managed to eat super healthy all last week and yesterday had my "splurge" meal at birthday party - pizza, ice cream and cake. Today it's back at it with egg white veggie breakfast, sweet potato and 90/10 lean beef for lunch. I lifted about 4 times last week at the gym and did cardio about 5 times last week. Played 6 volleyball games Saturday night and won 5 games, Woo Hoo! Tonight is the gym hitting chest, shoulders and triceps but no cardio -so I'm stoked about that *I really do not enjoy cardio!

Keep your chin up! ***Fall down 7 times and stand up 8 times***
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up! ***Fall down 7 times and stand up 8 times***
    . Love that!

and - Congrats! 5 out of 6 ain't too shabby!

I walked 2.5 miles in 57 minutes. I kept stopping to talk to people. It was exhilarating. I weighed at the clinic. 216.2, which equals 0.5-1 pound lost each month. I'm so happy.

Tomorrow, I have to come back down to earth. Clean beeswax. Build hives. Paint boxes. Wash dishes. Water veggies. Comb out cats. Sigh.

All this was not without strife against my inner self. Don't feel sorry for me. I use the strife to remind myself that I'm really alive, and loving others, and being who my God meant me to be.

Love to all.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Today! Today I will track everything I eat! That's where it begins with me, and I haven't tracked in a week. Today I begin again, again.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    ok, I tracked my breakfast and pre-tracked my midmorning snack. I have to stay very very focused today so I can succeed at this tiny little baby step of a goal, one full day of tracking. I'm in the office today, which makes everything easier... I am not 10 steps away from my frig at home, and I'm busy most of the time so I don't think of eating, and I move more.

it's a conundrum. I hate coming into the office, and don't even want to think about coming in more days, and yet I know that it's healthier for me when I do get out of my house. maybe in the spring... but no, I don't want to tell the bosses I want to come in more, I'm trying to keep them from telling me they want me to come in more. see? a conundrum... balancing the mental benefit and the comfort of working from home with the bennies of going in.

good morning all! I hope you have a splendid Tuesday!

later,
    jess
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @dlm4mom I agree, checking in here is so important when things aren't going as we wish. I tend to lurk and hide, and I'm only hiding from MYSELF because I just don't want to be aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. I think 6000 steps a day is awesome! don't worry, the weight will come off. are you drinking loads of water?
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I have a second interview for a paraprofessional position here in MI (on Thursday) and then an Administrative Assistant position in Indy at a church tomorrow. They are both jobs that I'd see myself in and would love! Praying and letting my worries not get to me! This has really made me not focus on eating or anything healthy. I'm too stressed. I can not focus on anything other than trying to find a job currently!!!

I hope you all have a great day. My beautiful behavior is going to just practice being confident.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Libby, basic survival trumps all, and you have to get a job that allows you to de-stress first and foremost. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you. Remember that eating healthy will allow you to feel better physically, and maybe you can plan your meals for your interview days only? One day at a time, and let us know how it goes!!!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Sherri, you are so upbeat and motivational! Thank you for your kind words. And, you're inspirational, with your eating and workouts. I'm so glad you decided to join our group!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm glad she didn't say, "hug the bees for me"... ;)
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Lea, you make me laugh! :)

Good morning, all! I managed to track everything yesterday (big yay) and I was honest even though I didn't make the best choices all day. I went over my calories by 400. My goal for today is to get closer to my allotted calorie count and to continue tracking every bite.

Did you have to deal with a lot of chocolate on Valentine's Day? I managed to avoid it all! (But I bought myself a Milky Way for dessert last night.)

I'm at home today, which means a low activity day, unless I can get myself to do a video. I'm not sure I'm feeling it yet. Last night I promised myself I would get up from my desk every hour and walk around the room to put steps on my fitbit, so here I go with the first round!

Have a beautiful morning,
    jess
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love this group & decided to post & not just lurk. Been a slow path for weight loss 22 pounds last year but large in dealing with the mental stuff on this journey of controlling stress eating & selfesteen. Been losing & gaining the same few pounds for the last 6 months with self- sabotage. My beautiful behavior is too not give up, be at peace with this & wait while I get to the bottem of this & then overcome!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @trailgirl777 welcome! not giving up is indeed a beautiful behavior. the slow path still leads to the goal.
  • chiefod
    chiefod Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, deep breath-I have been lurking too.I had too much wine last night, and I'm so embarrassed. I have been doing so good-(3 days) I know better-
  • chiefod
    chiefod Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    May I also say to Sheri, WOW! You are an inspiration!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    @happysherri Thanks Sheri for sharing your love of weightlifting. It prompted me to seek out this thread community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1120789/females-only-lifting-weight-training-results/p1 where I found the inspiration to start a lifting program myself. 3 times in this past week, about an hour each time to start. Here's a link to the program, if anyone's interested bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-1-day-1.html I find it's laid out in a very helpful way.
    @jessiquoi Good job sticking with us while in a low spot, Jess. It can be so very difficult to show vulnerability or any imperfection. We tend to be so much harder on ourselves than anyone else.... You are one strong woman. The way you share your ups and downs helps me remember we are all human and have to be kind and encouraging to OURSELVES first. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
  • happysherri
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @ lea - you made me laugh "bees"
    @trailgirl777 - to not give up is number 1 !!!! good job, and mental health is truly important (I know)
    @ jessi - making a plan to get moving - I like it. I stayed away from chocolate, but you asked nothing about margaritas -LOL
    @chiefod - aw shux, i try and stay positive. also don't beat yourself up about that wine, it's in that past
    @mithridites - OMG! ya'll are making my day. I truly do try to be positive. HEY! I went through 2 rounds of Jamie Eason livefit trainer, I absolutely Love that program. Right now I am following Lee Labrada Lean program on bodybuilding.com, I downloaded the app BodySpace to my phone so I can follow along in the gym (it's bodybuilding.com app and it's free) An HOUR each time, you're a BEAST, Great work!

I have a confession: Last night I ate Mexican food and had a big margarita for Valentines day. I did not feel guilty and it tasted amazing. I could enjoy because I know that I work hard at making healthy choices all the other days of the week and I stick to my workout plan, I don't indulge everyday and knowing I can "splurge" once a week makes that easier. ***That being said - this is what works for me and my situation, others have different scenarios!!!!***
  • happysherri
    Options
    The scale is silly and I'm going to show you why. This picture was in October while I was on vacation, guess how much I weigh? (height is 5'7) ..... My co-workers and my bf guess that I weigh about 140 lbs by looking at me. I weighed 168 lbs in that picture! I am currently at a plateau for over a month at 171 lbs - I look about the same. 9zlcrzuouddp.jpg

So, yes, use the scale as a tool but don't let it discourage you or run your life!!!!
    Happy Wednesday, all!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Spluge day by default. Sherri-- I had not considered not logging in exercise calories burned but it makes sense to me. Thinking about this I realized that most of my exercise is done honestly so that I can eat more and stay decent in calories. I am a little worried that if I don't do this I will lose control over what I eat. What are everyone's thoughts on this??
    Still no weight loss BUT tonight I was out to dinner and was unable to finish the food on my plate or the dessert. I don't remember this ever happening before so i am considering this a success.
    Jessi you are not giving yourself enough credit for your sucesses one of which is your amazing ability to start and keep this group going. You are helping not just yourself but the rest of us too in a big way. Thank you so much.