Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Are GMOs bad for you?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    GMO's are absolutely dangerous. There have been several scientific studies on animals that indicate health risks associated with GMO's such as infertility, accelerated aging, immune problems and the list goes on and on. That and the fact that there are over 125 toxic chemicals in the majority of foods we eat. Eat organic and cut out the processed food is my advice to anyone.

Which studies are you referring to here?
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    finny11122 wrote: »
    I heard farmers say animals would not eat the GMO feed .

I find this very hard to believe considering that much of the corn going into animal feed is GMO I believe. Also, I saw a video where a science teacher put out GMO and non-GMO corn, and the squirrels ate both equally. I've seen these statements made before, but have not seen anything to back them up. I would be interested if anyone has a study showing this.

It came straight from the horses mouth

Is the horse's name Ed?

yes it sure is . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAbc5uQXJo
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    38 countries have banned them as of October 2015 even though some participate in the growing. http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/10/22/gm-crops-now-banned-in-36-countries-worldwide-sustainable-pulse-research/#.WJo2H9IrLct
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    helene4 wrote: »
    GMOs have TONS of pesticides on them (since they're made to be resistant, so farmers spray them more now than ever) that AREN'T good for us and many are known to cause cancer.

You are what you eat. If you're eating food with modified genes, what do you think that will do to your DNA? Is that a risk you want to take?

Your post contradicts itself. Very impressive batch of woo here.

Curious - What do you think eating food with modified genes will do to your DNA? Is that a risk?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    GMOs have TONS of pesticides on them (since they're made to be resistant, so farmers spray them more now than ever) that AREN'T good for us and many are known to cause cancer.

You are what you eat. If you're eating food with modified genes, what do you think that will do to your DNA? Is that a risk you want to take?

"You are what you eat" isn't a prediction based on science, it's just a folk saying.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

"You are what you eat" isn't a prediction based on science, it's just a folk saying.

Pfft, obviously you've never met this guy.

45412f06cc9e82f64a5b0627becdf813958cffbf.gif
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Pfft, obviously you've never met this guy.

45412f06cc9e82f64a5b0627becdf813958cffbf.gif

That is . . . mesmerizing.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0-Ds6Cioc
    I suppose this geneticist knows nothing according to the pro GMO gang .