Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options
I am 5'2 and overweight. I need to loose at least another 30 pounds. (10 down so far) I know that weight does look different on shorter girls than more average to taller girls. Anyone else going through the same thing? And does anyone have any success stories from using this site?

Replies

• CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and have about 15 more pounds to lose. The frustrating thing for me in relation to my height is that my friends who are taller can eat more simply because of their height. I know life isn't fair and I am dealing but yeah I think about it at times.
  • soliver138
    soliver138 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'1 barely and looking to lose 20-25 lbs. 5-10 lb gain or loss really does show on us shorties
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I'm not going through the same thing but I'm just an inch taller than you at 5'3" and since I started consistently logging and exercising back at the beginning of September I've lost about 6/7 pounds (I started at 127 but I had my weight on here set to 125, and now I'm 119). It's definitely a bit difficult sometimes since the shorter you are the less calories you can have in order to maintain or lose weight, but if you're consistent with it, it will come off.

Yes shorter girls or guys carry weight so much different then men do.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Hi :) 5'3" here and on a mission to lose 10 myself. Your'e right. We carry weight differently. For me, it's around my waist and upper *kitten*. ;) Haha. I wanted to push a tall (less thin) woman off a treadmill today because her weight at least looked more distributed. Teasing, but you catch my drift.

If I can help support, I'm all ears.

What's your food + workout plan like?

Lol, i feel the same way. Taller woman carry weigh so much more porportionate than us. Sometimes it makes me upset. No matter what i have always had this pooch of mine. And my workout is 2 times a day . One 3 mile walk at lunch and then another workout after work for about an hour to an hour and a half. And yes you can add me as well as i am open to new friends and motivation
  • tasha12004
    Options
    5'3 and 84 lbs to go! But hey, it was 114 when I started!

That's great! i think any small progress is still progress. It's just getting through those days or weeks when you don't loose anything but you still have to stay on track with your diet and excersise
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    Fello shortie ,4ft 11
  • LauraS92mfp
    LauraS92mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel at home with my shorties !! Please feel free to add as I have no motivation and a belly to show for it !! Need to lose 10 pounds for my friends wedding in June thinking about starting running but it just sets my asthma off I'm 5ft and weigh 108/111 depending on what day it is need peeps for motivation xxx
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    melabezzz wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 , well actually 5'2 and a half (that half makes a difference lol) and have the same problem! I'm at 163 right now hoping to get down to 135 but the lowest I've ever seen on the scale in recent years is 149. I get it all in my belly (love handles) and can't even wear a fitted shirt without looking like I have a whale belly haha

If anyone wants to add me, please feel free! I would love to connect with some people who have open diaries, it's great for ideas and motivation! I'm on here again after over a year and want to get healthy, eat better and lost weight for a vacation coming up in April

I am exactly like you! Even the half and that counts. The last couple of weeks I managed to nudge it down to 159 by reducing plate sizes but it has been hard. The lowest I remember seeing is 140 and that is what I aspire to. Unfortunately my weigh is seen in my legs (ugh) and stomach. I just added you! Let's hope 2017 brings us the 140!
  • Vanillabeanss2
    Vanillabeanss2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3.5in tall and I fave with the same obstacle. To others I am proportionate but I feel otherwise. I want to lose 40lbs. My weight is stomach and boobs.