Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Glad you've joined us fitpal!
  • ZazieMFP
    ZazieMFP Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am 5'3". But I swear, I used to be 5'4" ! ;-)

Shorter friends, don't you love reading those comments on the boards:

From 5'9", 26 years-old women: "You absolutely don't have to eat only 1200 to lose, it's actually dangerous for your health, I eat 1800 per day and lose steadily, easy peasy .... you must not log accurately. "

OR

"I can have a hamburger and a beer plus ice cream daily, you just have to make it fit in your calories; I can't see why you could not." (Typically, that one is coming from a male body builder, replying to a pre-menopausal 5"1 gal with 10 pounds to lose.)

I know, I know they're trying to help. They' re certainly not bragging, right? But you gotta laugh a bit. :D
  • jbb86
    jbb86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    5'1 and 3/4 yes I mentioned the 3/4 and do so every time :D I am losing 80 more pounds, initially 110 lbs! Yes weight definitely looks differently on shorter girls than taller unfortunately :/ Please feel free to add me!

• lizh9
    lizh9 Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm 5'1" and 143 and making teeny tiny goals ....2.5 pounds at a time. I'd love to eventually make it down to 130.

If you find it helpful to look at menus (I do!) I read the "1200 is plenty" forum over on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty/

Let's keep inspiring each other!
    Liz

PS @designerdiscounts losing 1.5 inches on your thighs is fantastic!! Go You!!
  • Pondarosa
    Pondarosa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm 5' even and I have 75lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me!! I've lost 5-10lbs so far....Can't wait to get the rest off!!
  • ggilly88
    ggilly88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this!! Very difficult to find short/er pals! I'm five foot nothing. Started my body journey (not calling it weight loss!) last October at 148 lbs, currently at 114 lbs (mainly by reducing my portion sizes and moving more)......but still look podgy. It's all disappeared from my best bits (boobs and bum), nowhere else!. I joined a gym last July and have made some great friends at the classes, which motivates me into going. I don't have a weight goal, but would love to tone up my saggy arms/legs and stomach.......

Have found that using MFP to log my food is a great motivator - somehow the act of logging that bag of crisps I am craving makes me realise I am not doing myself any favours by having them and undoing the good work I've put into the day! Doesn't always work.......a glass or two of wine on a weekend always makes it on the list!
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    just reporting in...........I have lost another 2 pounds since my last post. Makes a total of 7 pounds lost since Feb 4.
  • karobines
    karobines Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and feeling the same struggles you all are. No one ever understands the plight of the short plump girls who have to get their pants shortened because somehow bigger waistband = taller in the "fashion" world. Sigh.
  • starborn3682
    starborn3682 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yup! I say, "...if I were 5'8" tall, or my legs were longer, I wouldn't have a weight problem!" Kidding aside, I am 5'3" and have over 40 lbs to lose. I am realistic however, and aim to lose 10 lbs. for now through meal planning, logging best food choices through MyFitnessPal and hopefully will soon begin an exercise regime. I've really fallen off the wagon but today is a new day!
  • Moongl75
    Moongl75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cbrimer87 wrote: »
    4'10" (so, I'm jealous of all of you over 5'0!) and looking to lose 30+ lbs. Currently at 157, goal 125. It is so hard to eat only 1200 calories a day. I sit at a desk all day so in order to not have to starve, I've put a mini- stationary cycle under my desk and pedal when I can! It adds up: about an hour of an 8 hour day of pedaling! I did lose 10 lbs before using MFP but gave up after some family issues. I keep my diary open (don't always eat clean and I'm a big fan of beer, so don't follow if you intend to judge, lol) but feel free to add me! It's great to see others reaching their goals and motivate one another!

That's such a great idea about the mini stationary cycle. I never thought about that. I have a desk job, as well, as sometimes I get lazy and don't walk as much as I should.
  • jtru30
    jtru30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 & 250lbs here and I'm looking to loose 75 lbs this year. There are 45 weeks left in the year, so I think I can totally do it! I just started dieting & using this app this weekend. I'm excited to see what my body can do!
  • SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WOW! Reading all of your stories and your weight-loss and how positive all you guys are really moved me. I am so proud of each and every one of you! I'm 5'3" currently 118.6 (I weighed yesterday) Long ago I was at 150. This was back in early 2000's. I'm trying to get back down to 111 and then build back up to where I am with muscle and not fat. I used to be really really good about working out and eating right. And 2 years ago I had had enough I guess so I ate for 2 years and didn't work out. It felt good until it didn't anymore. So here I am, back in for the long haul. I shouldn't say it felt good, because I didn't feel good. I was tired from eating loads of sugar and carbohydrates and fried foods. My body was sluggish and just not healthy. Within 2 days of eating healthy again, my body started feeling normal. More energized and I was rising earlier and making it through the day on one cup of coffee! You guys are truly an inspiration. Us short girls get a raw deal. But as long as we stay positive we can do it. Do any of you guys have weight evenly distributed over your body or are you top or bottom heavy? I'm bottom heavy. Any weight I gain takes up residence in my legs and hips (weird right?!) It's HARD to find jeans that fit. Going into a store trying on pants will make me feel heavy faster than the scale would. You guys stay positive and keep on losing that weight! SHORT GIRLS UNITE!!
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely bottom heavy and have been putting off jeans shopping because it's so hard. Welcome!
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and looking to lose another 50lbs! x
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So ladies this weekend i had a going out weekend. Meaning lots of drinking and eating with friends. Surprisingly i didn't loose any weight.... i actually lost a whole pound. I was seriously shocked because i thought i would be up 3 pounds. Not sure if it was all the dancing or some of my water weight dropping down, either way i was super excited :)<3 So now 12 pounds down.
  • mrspowell80
    mrspowell80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" (just barely) and looking to lose another 12 pounds.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" (just barely) and looking to lose another 12 pounds.

That's not that much. :) So it shouldn't take you that long to loose it. You got it girly <3
  • PrincezzFabulouze
    PrincezzFabulouze Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5'2"...42 lbs to go...i love MAC and cheese...diary is open...starting over (again) with goal weight of around 160...weight is in tummy, booty and thighs...here we go again...