Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• ChristineCain
    ChristineCain Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi there... 5'4, lost 10 so far, working on losing another 25-30. I was very successful with MFP 5 years ago and lost 50lbs then somehow ::wink wink:: ~30 crept back on. I know I can do it. I have set some mini goals. Trying to be more active on the boards rather than be a creeper and get back into logging religiously. I walk everyday on my lunch especially when I know I can't make it to the gym due to scheduling. Good luck everyone!! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • ah_lyssa
    ah_lyssa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'2 here! I have about 25-30 lbs left to lose, so I'm in the same boat! I've been a MFP flip-flopper for years now. But, I'm down 12 lbs since starting back up in November. I have good weeks and (reallyyy) bad weeks. The most important thing is to make sure that you stay motivated and have accountability partners! Lord knows I need the accountability constantly...especially when it comes to working out. lol. If you need a buddy, you're welcome to add me! We ALL can do this! :smiley:
  • merline34
    merline34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'3 169 trying to lose 10lbs. Fell of course, trying to get back on, summer is coming.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    We can do this ladies. We just need to change our mind from thinking food is yummy to thinking food is just fuel. That is always my problem. I want everything to taste good. But healthy doesn't mean tasty it means taking your life back and treating your body like a temple. Everything you put in your body effects it in a small or even large way.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5 ft and fighting to lost 70 lbs or til I'm happy in my skin. I'm always looking for motivated/supportive friends with open diaries. :)
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Yeah , i have been doing that. But it is hard to not go over on some days. But i just have to keep reminding myself that i want to feel better about myself.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11.75". I'm down 92 lb. so far, 8 lb. from maintenance. I'm also a longtime vegetarian. Feel free to message/friend me.
  • Peaslepuff
    Peaslepuff Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5'3, in the process of losing 100+ lbs. When I look back at my college graduation pics, I look like a tiny troll. Bad enough being fat, but short and fat? I feel like I'm as wide as I am tall.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    *sigh* well short girl has defined me my whole life. 5'2" with about 25lbs to go...10 lost and counting. Here for support if needed.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Yeah , i have been doing that. But it is hard to not go over on some days. But i just have to keep reminding myself that i want to feel better about myself.

A way around that is to eat a little less the day(s) before and/or the day after. I found if I overeat one day, the next I tend to be less hungry anyway, so I just roll with it. :smile:

There will always be days you go over, just try to decrease those days. I used to pretty much go willy nilly the entire weekend. Then I cut it down to just Saturdays. Even decreasing the amount you're going over will help (another reason to log it). Any improvement counts!
  • caf973
    caf973 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1", have 22lbs to lose and determined to keep it off this time. Lost 45lbs after birth of first child on here, but got lazy after second child, lost some but ready to lose the rest now.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I can't get past this 11 pounds. I am at 170 and i just want to be in the 160's already. It's making me bananas that i can't get there as fast as i want.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and you guys are right - every pound shows up! I'm currently 145 and would like to lose 10-15 lbs. Been working out a lot and eating at a deficit but those pounds are stubborn! Just gotta keep on keeping on and eventually the scale will catch up. Feel free to add me, I'm committed to MFP and getting fit.
  • just_luda
    just_luda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and have about 50lbs to lose. It's been a struggle over the years. I just started exercising faithfully and logging my calories in MFP and it's been helping. I've been looking for people going through the same thing. I was so happy to stumble upon this because taller people don't quite understand the struggle.
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'4" with about 50-55 lbs to lose and would love to meet some ladies with similar stats to keep motivated.
  • ketozillla
    ketozillla Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and losing. I lost 32 lbs last year, starting at 164 or 165, and I'm currently 132. My goal is somewhere in the 100-110 range, I've never been that weight in my adult life, so I'm just going to see how I feel when I get there. I lost all my weight last year with just diet, but at the beginning of this year I've incorporated C25K, swimming, and some light strength training into my life.

So, definitely tracking on MFP has helped a lot. I recommend buying a food scale and being exact with your food - I believe many of my stalls starting out were because I was not able to eye ball food accurately.

EDIT: My name implies I'm keto, but I'm not. I used to be but have decided not to go down that path anymore. If anyone wants to to add me, that's cool.
  • Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and still trying to lose weight. Not sure if it's weight by now. Over the course of 2 yeas, I gained... Approximately 10 pounds. I went from 122 to approximately 142 or more. The first 10 pounds was within 3 months, which I'm guessing it's hormonal. But I've been on and off this for a few years. I started when I was in college to keep track and lose a bit of weight. After the significant weight gain, I've been on and off it. At this point I'm too afraid of weighing myself. Luckily, all my fat turned into muscle, so all the weight converted into muscles. Now I'm trying to lose it because I look super bulky.
  • kaylene5
    kaylene5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and hour glass shape. It's so much harder to hide a few extra pounds! My highest weight was 205 but I looked sooo heavy. Now at 160 I still look better but I have tall friends who weigh that and are at goal. It is unfair but what you gonna do?!