Short girls under 5'5 trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm also a shorty at 5'1". I'm at 126lbs looking to get back to 115 or so. I was at 143lbs at my worst...(was ill). I can't really workout in my current condition so am using food alone to lose weight. I agree it's harder for us petite women. My hubby is 6ft and I am perpetually jealous of how much food he can eat! The other day he had a Yorkshire pudding full of gravy and just ate it in one go! And he's losing weight faster than me!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah and my bf is super skinny with the appetite of a 12 year old. He can eat EVERYTHING he wants and still looses weight. I eat one big meal and gain 3 pounds.
  • FITitch40
    FITitch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5'3 and losing about 60 pounds, definitely could use more accountability friends with similar goals
  • april37
    april37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'0 want to lose 30 pounds and stuck, trying like mad but will not lose more than 10 pounds.
  • AmandaTucker127
    AmandaTucker127 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and currently 139lbs, trying like crazy to get back down to 110! All I'm currently doing is watching my food and running but so far it's working. Would love for any of you to add me as a friend!
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Ladies, i have found drinking a gallon of water a day can also help with our weight loss but also our mind, skin, and energy. I infuse my water every day and drink at least a gallon. Im on day 3 and i feel absolutely amazing! And at the gym I seem to go harder when i am fully hydrated. Also im 12 pounds donw now. Finally got passed that hump

Drinking water has been a huge challenge for me! I have found that drink from liter sized water bottles helps out a lot! I've been getting in about 50oz a day the last week and it really does make a difference! I wish I could get in more.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    FITitch40 wrote: »
    5'3 and losing about 60 pounds, definitely could use more accountability friends with similar goals

I'm going through the same thing . It takes a while for your body to adjust . It took me 2 weeks to get past that 10 pounds mark after being stuck. I have finally lost 12 but it sure has been a long journey and it's only been 39 days :)
  • tasha12004
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Ladies, i have found drinking a gallon of water a day can also help with our weight loss but also our mind, skin, and energy. I infuse my water every day and drink at least a gallon. Im on day 3 and i feel absolutely amazing! And at the gym I seem to go harder when i am fully hydrated. Also im 12 pounds donw now. Finally got passed that hump

Drinking water has been a huge challenge for me! I have found that drink from liter sized water bottles helps out a lot! I've been getting in about 50oz a day the last week and it really does make a difference! I wish I could get in more.

I would definately tried fruit infusing your water. It has helped me tremendosly.
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    We do have an infuser but the one time we used it all I tasted was the cucumbers and none of the other 2 fruits in it. Maybe I did it wrong lol
  • mahalialodge
    mahalialodge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Knoxvilla5 wrote: »
    Here here! I just readjusted my macro goals so I can really start to make a dent in this scale--ahem... I mean in the readings on the scale. I actually GAINED weight in the past couple of months, so I'm trying to get more active throughout the day--I'd love to walk a mile at lunch, but I think I'll have to settle for a little less (have to drive 20 minutes, eat, then another 20 minute drive). Good that you're actually making it happen! I want to run in the morning--anybody else have any advice on how to grow 5:00 a.m. willpower? LOL! Feel free to add me!

Morning workouts are certainly hard to get used to! I recently started morning barre/pilates classes at the gym which require me to get up at 5:00AM to make it on time. While there's no denying that's a super super early time to have to get out of bed, something that helped me at the start was the accountability of doing the exercise in a group. I'd made the booking; I couldn't just back out of it and hit the snooze button. Maybe you could try organising your morning exercise with a running buddy so you can have a sense of that accountability too (:
  • mahalialodge
    mahalialodge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The inches are what matters. I haven't gotten on the scale because it was too frustrating. Taking measurements is where it's at. The scale is the same but my thighs have gone down 1.5".

Couldn't agree more with how important measurements are!! Waist and thigh measurement changes make all the difference, especially on us shorter girls
  • bbarber96
    bbarber96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", 132 lbs trying to lose the last 10-12 pounds. I monitor what I eat, work out in the morning and night, have an 8 hour desk job during the day. I have a fitbit with a goal of 10,250 a day. Looking for accountability partners and others with similiar seriousness.My eating does slip, but I find I can stay exercise dedicated. Please feel free to add me.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I'm loosing inches but no weight lately. And it's soooo frustrating... why won't the weight come off with the inches?
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    Obviously I'm no expert but I would think you must be gaining a bit of muscle, which is awesome!
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Well that's good and all. But i don't want to get bulky to where i'm not loosing weight . I feel like if i'm gaining that much muscle i'll get bulky.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Okay ladies. Update:

I have finally lost 15 pounds!! Today is day#45 :) i almost cried when i saw the number on the scale this morning
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    5'1" started at 259 heaviest. Currently at 225. 105 pounds to go!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    melabezzz wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 , well actually 5'2 and a half (that half makes a difference lol) and have the same problem! I'm at 163 right now hoping to get down to 135 but the lowest I've ever seen on the scale in recent years is 149. I get it all in my belly (love handles) and can't even wear a fitted shirt without looking like I have a whale belly haha

If anyone wants to add me, please feel free! I would love to connect with some people who have open diaries, it's great for ideas and motivation! I'm on here again after over a year and want to get healthy, eat better and lost weight for a vacation coming up in April

I am a bit taller than you 5'4 and a half, lol, but wanted to reach out and tell you to add me if you'd like. I am starting on this journey again (yes again, sigh) after having gotten within a few pounds of my goal weight in the Summer of 2015. I started a desk job that Fall and the lack of activity during my day caused the weight to creep back on. I am back on track and almost 40 (eek!) and am on a mission to get back down to my goal weight (or near it) before I hit 40 in August.

• Tickycat
    Tickycat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'2' started in October with this app and a medical program. I've averaged 1lb per week loss. Every two weeks I weigh in, get my blood pressure checked, meet with a Bariatric Educator, and have a quick Dr visit. (I'm from Ontario, this is all covered by OHIP No tricks, no fads, just calorie counting. The clinic and my personal Dr share blood work results and related info as required. Today I had my first BMR test, the results of which say I need to up my protein and work on building muscle. Seriously some muscle would be nice. It might help get rid of those empty "pouches" that used to be my fatty body pillows ;) I'm thinking the hardest part is ahead. ..... Keeping it off!
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Tickycat wrote: »
    5'2' started in October with this app and a medical program. I've averaged 1lb per week loss. Every two weeks I weigh in, get my blood pressure checked, meet with a Bariatric Educator, and have a quick Dr visit. (I'm from Ontario, this is all covered by OHIP No tricks, no fads, just calorie counting. The clinic and my personal Dr share blood work results and related info as required. Today I had my first BMR test, the results of which say I need to up my protein and work on building muscle. Seriously some muscle would be nice. It might help get rid of those empty "pouches" that used to be my fatty body pillows ;) I'm thinking the hardest part is ahead. ..... Keeping it off!

Yes keeping it off is the hard part. Always keep thinking 80% food and 20% working out for best results. :) You got this though and it's really good that you are being monitered by a doctor so you know how it's going to effect your body.