Do you love your job?

Options
1235»

Replies

• postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a barista at a high-end cafe. There are some aspects of the job I enjoy, but for the most part...no, I can't say I like it very much, let alone love it. I'm highly introverted so constantly being constantly surrounded by people is utterly exhausting. My co-workers are trying, my manager could tempt the pope to murder, and as for my customers...well, people in dire need of coffee at *kitten*-o-clock in the morning rarely make for tolerable company. Also, the pay is crap, but that's a given. Also also, I freaking hate the smell of coffee. I hate coffee, period. You'd think that after months of being exposed to it I'd get used to it, but nope. I still cringe every time I walk into the cafe.

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I want to do with my life because I honestly have no idea. All I know is that I need it be meaningful because working in the food industry is anything but.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love my job. It is pretty stressful at time though. I audit gas stations.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Currently no, but once I make it into the fitness industry then I Would ☺
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for OP to add on another part to her question, maybe "What is your job"? I'm so curious to know what these jobs are that some people aren't writing.
  • BrinaBecnel
    BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work in retail. It's a smaller kid's store. I didn't think I'd ever like retail, but it turns out that I absolutely love it. I don't know if it's because of the kids, but I genuinely like going to work everyday.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I've hated every single job I've had which is why I think I've been unemployed for so long. God's trying to get my attention before I make another wrong turn. I've been a management trainee, a general manager over a coffeehouse, I've worked retail, I interned at Merrill Lynch during grad school, I worked at my dad's law firm for a while (I was supposed to go to law school but never got past the LSAT...UH!) and for the last several years I found myself in a perpetual nightmare of career colleges/for profit schools as the Director of Finance/Financial Aid and literally all of them closed which is why I have worked at so many. Now you would think I understand the concept of charging a high price for education and preying upon the "under-informed" and I do...I get it, which is why I HATED it and am so thankful I no longer work in that field and NEVER will again. However, now I cannot find a career path/a job/a segway into what it is I want to do with the rest of my life. I've put in TONS of applications and got a few interviews but nothing came about it. So, as I try to come up with an answer to the question(s) when people ask me "what is it that you like to do?" or "what are you good at?", I realized something. I need to ask God what is it that HE wants me to do. And right now I'm doing just that.