Replies

• Boland_D
    Boland_D Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spiced Lara bar. I gagged
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one out here that actually likes Quest bars? lol For me it was Advocare's Post Workout Recovery Shake. I don't know what it was about it but I HATED the taste.

I love Quest bars, not all flavours though. I only buy

Chocolate brownie
    Double chocolate chunk
    Cookie dough

All the other flavours I've tried have been so, so. The dessert flavour ones such as strawberry cheesecake are terrible and sickly fake tasting.

• lucyluvalle
    lucyluvalle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Soy protein drink!! Can't do it...
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    068qqn5gep9c.jpg
    Omg this thing is so gross, can't choke it down!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    itsmegina wrote: »
    Omg this thing is so gross, can't choke it down!

who ever designed their label needs to be smacked a few times.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Raw onions - why? So gross. And they make your breath nasty.
    Steak tartar- No. Just no.
    Atkins bars and Quest Bars - omg, NO
    Americanized sushi- why are we putting wasabi flavoured mayo on raw fish? Just no.
    Marmite and vegemite- This salty crap makes me doubt the sanity of our Aussie cousins.
    Flavoured lube- I know it isn't food, but I don't need sex to taste like oily strawberries mmkay?
    Horseradish- Why don't I just put the strongest smelliest crap I can on my expensive roast beef so I can't even taste it? No thanks.
    Fried calamari - if I wanted to chew on a piece of rubber, I'd order a plate of condoms.
    Ketchup on mac and cheese - the smell alone will make me sick.
    Boiled hot dogs - smells like it might give me cancer. No thank you.
    Durian - love the taste but I can't get past the smell most times.
    Caviar - Maybe I'm just not rich enough to understand, but the texture of little eggs is just wrong.
    Pineapple in Canada - always too tart. I'll eat it downsouth where it is a lot sweeter.

OMG I LOVE RAW ONIONS!!! hate them cooked
    ketchup on mac & cheese is a favorite of mine alone w/ ketchup on grilled cheese
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Coconut water. It tasted how I imagine a mixture of sweat and vomit would taste.

I picked up some Coconut Water once. It was a super super hot day and it was all over the store with all these crazy advertisements. I thought to myself "hey why not?". I am so thankful I was by my kitchen sink. I opened it, took a big drink and it came right back up. lol so disgusting.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any protein powder. Great way to round out my protein and allow myself room for a small treat when I'm sedentary and don't have a lot of calories to spare.

Also a great way to put me off of any kind of food for a while. Why do they make that stuff with so much sweetener? The only way I can make even basic vanilla palatable is to load it up with espresso to try to counteract the overwhelming artificial sweetener taste.

I'm not even someone who usually has a problem with artificial sweeteners (stevia is a different story). I'm fine with most diet sodas, for example.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Steak tartar- No. Just no.
    Atkins bars and Quest Bars - omg, NO
    Americanized sushi- why are we putting wasabi flavoured mayo on raw fish? Just no.
    Marmite and vegemite- This salty crap makes me doubt the sanity of our Aussie cousins.
    Flavoured lube- I know it isn't food, but I don't need sex to taste like oily strawberries mmkay?
    Horseradish- Why don't I just put the strongest smelliest crap I can on my expensive roast beef so I can't even taste it? No thanks.
    Fried calamari - if I wanted to chew on a piece of rubber, I'd order a plate of condoms.
    Ketchup on mac and cheese - the smell alone will make me sick.
    Boiled hot dogs - smells like it might give me cancer. No thank you.
    Durian - love the taste but I can't get past the smell most times.
    Caviar - Maybe I'm just not rich enough to understand, but the texture of little eggs is just wrong.
    Pineapple in Canada - always too tart. I'll eat it downsouth where it is a lot sweeter.

Marmite, horseradish, calamari, caviar all YUM! >:)

Oysters - slimy and just pure yukky
    Vegetarian cheese - why??
    Cheap tequila - all of them ewww
    Lutefisk - a dish so gross that you need to smother it in mustard, bacon, peas, grease and anything else you can get your hands on just to be able to stummack it.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

That's half the fun
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Coconut water
    Mustard
    Spagettios
    Kale
    Halo Top birthday cake
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Pretty much any protein powder. Great way to round out my protein and allow myself room for a small treat when I'm sedentary and don't have a lot of calories to spare.

Also a great way to put me off of any kind of food for a while. Why do they make that stuff with so much sweetener? The only way I can make even basic vanilla palatable is to load it up with espresso to try to counteract the overwhelming artificial sweetener taste.

I'm not even someone who usually has a problem with artificial sweeteners (stevia is a different story). I'm fine with most diet sodas, for example.

you probably didn't find "your brand" yet. There are non-sweetened ones as well. I would look in to different brands.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

offtopic break

one of the guys i lift with is this never-knew-a-closet, oversharey gay guy. he 'shared' recently that he and his husband had once had the displeasure of receiving bacon-flavoured lube as a gift.

our trainer is pretty prudish about people sharing actual nitty-gritty personal details about their intimate lives, but he lay down on his own bench and couldn't get up for laughing when he heard about that.

/back to regular programming.
    :laugh:
    Brings a new meaning to the phrase "pulled pork". :open_mouth:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »

you probably didn't find "your brand" yet. There are non-sweetened ones as well. I would look in to different brands.

Been there, done that. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure there's something out there that I'd be fine with, but after sampling 10 or so different brands I'm done making the effort.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    As a rule, I don't do diet anything. If I want ice cream or something that tastes like a cookie, I will make sure it fits into my calories for the day. However, if you want to get technical, I will not eat tofu ... bad experience on a hot day - not going into specifics.

A few have been dissing quinoa ... it is definitely weird but only because of the texture. I have made it and incorporated it into other things and like those shiritake noodles, they take up the flavor of what you cook with them. I have made quinoa and mixed it with my taco meat and no one in my family ever knew it! I have added maple syrup, fruit and nuts before when I didn't have oatmeal. It' s not an every day thing but it's not bad.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice....
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice....

I've been wondering about that- it's bad then ?
  • Finally1502016
    Finally1502016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried "dragon fruit"..... Tasted like paper. Disgusting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice....

I've been wondering about that- it's bad then ?

I thought it was horrible.... and I like actual cauliflower!
  • Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy
    Options
    Natural peanut butter. Just........no :/