The grossest products you've tried

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    jesslla wrote: »
    Seltzer water. Even the flavored ones, like LaCroix. Too bitter/salty for me. I had such high hopes for them too!
    I almost forgot about LaCroix! I tried one of their flavors at Kroger and ended up waisting 25 cents.

I'm the total opposite with LaCroix. I love the stuff. Never tried the plain seltzer, but the fruit flavor LaCroix's are my favorite drink right now.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    PB2, quest bars, quest protien chips :s
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    PB2, quest bars, quest protien chips :s

PB2 is not very good on its own. I add it to my protein shakes to give a little extra flavor.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    bshedwick wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    jesslla wrote: »
    Seltzer water. Even the flavored ones, like LaCroix. Too bitter/salty for me. I had such high hopes for them too!
    I almost forgot about LaCroix! I tried one of their flavors at Kroger and ended up wasting 25 cents.

I'm the total opposite with LaCroix. I love the stuff. Never tried the plain seltzer, but the fruit flavor LaCroix's are my favorite drink right now.
    Far as I can remember, that and a can of Dasani sparkling water are the only carbonated beverages I've hated to be honest.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    sea weed snacks, yuk! my grand son loves them
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Cauliflower :neutral:
    Quark :expressionless:

i'm laughing because for a moment i thought the second item here was just your comment about the first one.

the more i think about it the more the list grows. place of honour goes to vega one 'plant-based' protein, though. i was super-hungry when i bought a small taster pack of the stuff and that should have been enough to let me get it down. i just couldn't. spent the rest of the day hysterically re-rinsing my blender bottle as well, just in case a few micro-grains still remained. there was this terrible association with certain kinds of baby poop. and tofu is no. it's just NO. i can't understand why people say it has 'no taste' or that it absorbs the flavours of what it's cooked with. to me there's this ineradicable chemical taste that gets through everything.

the others have just been more bleh or uninteresting. hemp protein powder tastes like drinking henna. flax seeds turn bitter so fast they're not worth rat race of trying to drink the shake fast enough to beat the half-life. greek yogurt just tastes like spackle to me. and now that i know it's just yogurt without the whey i can't see the point either. to me it makes no sense to pay three times as much for something that doesn't have the very thing i'm also buying to add to my shakes in a powder format.

there was some nasty kind of 'raspberry' flavoured protein bar coated in 'chocolate' which was actually so nasty that after a while i got sort of morbidly hooked on them. i knew all along they reminded me of something, and finally i nailed it when i was patching a bike tube: glue. the kind of glue you're not supposed to breathe in too deeply around.
  • maehenle
    maehenle Posts: 4 Member
    Greek yogurt yuck!!
  • 12stone1
    12stone1 Posts: 8 Member
    Tried some horrible low fat butter and cheese over the years this is the one type of food I cannot stomach,less of the real thing is always better!
    Oatmeal, bananas, Quest bars

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    While in South Africa I picked up some biltong. On a lark I picked up some ostrich biltong at the cash register. As I tried it there was an interesting spice taste and I offered some to the driver. He accepted as I mentioned how flavorful it was.

As he started chewing his, I was hit by an incredible horrid taste of rancid ostrich( fat?). Oh yuck. The driver wasn't pleased to hear to hear my discovery. We were driving down the road(wrong way round) at 100km!

to be fair, 'rancid' isn't part of any normal biltong makeup. but i only tried ostrich once and found it too vinegary. imo only properly red meat works with biltong. everything else tastes too pale to stand up to the pickle and brine.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Kale chips. They tasted like seasoned farts of themselves. Which was disappointing because I had some overproductive kale plants at the time.

Shirataki noodles are awesome in sukiyaki. I really can't imagine eating them as a substitute for wheat noodles though. Way too fishy.
  • 12stone1
    12stone1 Posts: 8 Member
    Oatmeal, bananas, Quest bars
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Nutritional yeast. Foul nastiness! :s
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    I once ordered the wrong vegan protein shake by mistake and thought I'd give it a go, it was awful! I couldn't even finish one shake.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    I love idealshape products but I tried th3 cookies and cream meal replacement shake and after gagging one down gave it away with the disclaimer try it and throw it out if you don't like it.

Greek yogurt, I hate greek yogurt!

Mayo made with olive oil it taste and feels oily.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Healthy choice macaroni and cheese. One of the worst things I've ever eaten.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    I was soooo grossed out by those flavoured sea weeds
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    Shiritaki noodles!

OMG THIS x 100000000
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Not specifically a diet or health product, but ....

Marmite and Vegemite