The grossest products you've tried

Replies

• Rowan09
    Rowan09 Posts: 35 Member
    Once I bought fat free plain yogurt.... WHAT A MISTAKE. Had to throw all of it out. I'll stick with regular or flavored.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    sarahbums wrote: »
    So what's the nastiest or most disappointing packaged 'diet/health' food you've had?

for me it was Designer Protein's cookies 'n creme protein powder. I swear, the stuff tastes just like liquefied play-doh

Quest bars, Artic Zero, Gladiator Protein. Walden Farms dressings. groosssss
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Chia seeds...gross!
    Low fat/fat free dairy products, they taste like sadness.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Shirataki noodles. Just no.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    I haven't tried many diet foods, so I'm drawing from a small group of items, but I tried Halo Top for the first time a couple of weeks ago and found it inedible. I feel so betrayed, MFP Forum. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Apple cider Vinegar
    Liquid Chlorophyll
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Quest protein chips. Salted sawdust, I swear.
  • olyamhc
    olyamhc Posts: 60 Member
    Shirataki noodles win. And this is coming from someone who's pretty open to various "health foods" as a vegetarian (and ex vegan of 3 years). Also, any cheese substitute, except Teese.
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Chia seeds. I kept seeing it pop up in my friends food journal and they described it as a tapioca taste. I ruined my oatmeal with that lol. Also hemp fiber powder. Taste like straight dirt but works so well and is cheap
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Nutritional yeast "cheese" sauce recipes. Sorry, vegans. That stuff is nasty. Not at all cheesy.

Seltzer water. Even the flavored ones, like LaCroix. Too bitter/salty for me. I had such high hopes for them too!
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    I bought some hemp protein powder at a bulk food store,it was horrible_i still cringe when I think about it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    jesslla wrote: »
    Seltzer water. Even the flavored ones, like LaCroix. Too bitter/salty for me. I had such high hopes for them too!
    I almost forgot about LaCroix! I tried one of their flavors at Kroger and ended up waisting 25 cents.

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    jesslla wrote: »
    I almost forgot about LaCroix! I tried one of their flavors at Kroger and ended up waisting 25 cents.

I wish that's all I wasted! I couldn't find any singles, I bought a whole 12 pack. I did give it to a friend who loved the stuff though, so I guess it wasn't a waste.
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    bunnyluv19 wrote: »
    I bought some hemp protein powder at a bulk food store,it was horrible_i still cringe when I think about it.

Mine is sitting in my cabinet. I try to stomach it once a week . The fat girl in me hates wasting food lol

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I haven't tried many diet foods, so I'm drawing from a small group of items, but I tried Halo Top for the first time a couple of weeks ago and found it inedible. I feel so betrayed, MFP Forum. ;)

I am pretty picky when it comes to ice cream, mainly because I can do without it. I have tried a couple of flavors of Halo that went straight in the trash. But Peanut Butter Chocolate, and Chocolate, are simply delicious. If you've not tried those, you haven't give them a fair shot.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    While in South Africa I picked up some biltong. On a lark I picked up some ostrich biltong at the cash register. As I tried it there was an interesting spice taste and I offered some to the driver. He accepted as I mentioned how flavorful it was.

As he started chewing his, I was hit by an incredible horrid taste of rancid ostrich( fat?). Oh yuck. The driver wasn't pleased to hear to hear my discovery. We were driving down the road(wrong way round) at 100km!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I like most Quest bars fine but the Lemon Pie one....omg that one is like eating floor cleaner. I also found the Walden Farms pancake syrup oddly unpalatable. Vega protein powders are pretty gross too imo
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    cottage cheese, celery, olives both colours, avocado, marmite