The grossest products you've tried

Options

Replies

• Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    So what's the nastiest or most disappointing packaged 'diet/health' food you've had?

for me it was Designer Protein's cookies 'n creme protein powder. I swear, the stuff tastes just like liquefied play-doh

Oh god there would have to be so many back when I knew nothing about nutrition and my own caloric values and those in the food I would've consumed.. ate some pretty gross stuff back in the day too! :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Dung bean noodles.
    It has the word "dung" in it. Cant expect it could be good.

They're mung (not dung) bean noodles and they're good. You put them in spring rolls and stir-fried stuff like pancit. They don't really taste like anything - they pick up the flavor of whatever you put them in. Just there for texture and filler I think. They are very delicate-looking (but still firm), almost transparent noodles. Try them some time just for fun! :)

2srmonbba0aj.jpg

No, they were noodles made out of beans... not that white stuff (which is fine with me).

ExploreAsiaNoodlesLg.jpg

Yeah it's mung beans though :p
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Dung bean noodles.

They're mung (not dung) bean noodles and they're good. You put them in spring rolls and stir-fried stuff like pancit. They don't really taste like anything - they pick up the flavor of whatever you put them in. Just there for texture and filler I think. They are very delicate-looking (but still firm), almost transparent noodles. Try them some time just for fun! :)

2srmonbba0aj.jpg

No, they were noodles made out of beans... not that white stuff (which is fine with me).

ExploreAsiaNoodlesLg.jpg

I have those soy ones in my pantry right now. They are super high in protein and i wanted to try the other two varieties. But i can only handle them mixed 50/50 or 70/30 with normal spaghetti noodles.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Dung bean noodles.

2srmonbba0aj.jpg

ExploreAsiaNoodlesLg.jpg

I have those soy ones in my pantry right now. They are super high in protein and i wanted to try the other two varieties. But i can only handle them mixed 50/50 or 70/30 with normal spaghetti noodles.

They go better in stir fries with Asian flavors, or with a peanut sauce (good use for PB2, plus rice vinegar, soy sauce, spices of choice). I like them fine in these contexts, but they're not a substitute for regular spaghetti IMO.

Obligatory on-topic addition (even though I mentioned it on another thread, it more than applies here): Light beer in general, some worse than others.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    butcher206 wrote: »
    Any cottage cheese not made by Knudsen is horrid. What does Knudsen do to curds and whey that others don't?

Knudsen? I'll have to check them out. I bought some "Kroger Simple Truth Organic Low Fat Cottage Cheese" once and it was disgusting. Trying to eliminate dairy but sometimes I get the craving for full fat cottage cheese or yogurts.

Once you put the word "organic" on it, all dairy tastes nasty. Organic and low fat, total recipe for disgusting.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream, it's just watery and the lemon cake was almost like watery cardboard.
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. Sorry but it's gross and expensive
  • airdriemomma
    airdriemomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The worst for me is anything containing stevia... I can't taste anything BUT the stevia flavor.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Definitely Quest Bars.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any packaged "diet" food.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. Sorry but it's gross and expensive

The chocolate was ok but the tropical strawberry one... YUCK.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Raw onions - why? So gross. And they make your breath nasty.
    Steak tartar- No. Just no.
    Atkins bars and Quest Bars - omg, NO
    Americanized sushi- why are we putting wasabi flavoured mayo on raw fish? Just no.
    Marmite and vegemite- This salty crap makes me doubt the sanity of our Aussie cousins.
    Flavoured lube- I know it isn't food, but I don't need sex to taste like oily strawberries mmkay?
    Horseradish- Why don't I just put the strongest smelliest crap I can on my expensive roast beef so I can't even taste it? No thanks.
    Fried calamari - if I wanted to chew on a piece of rubber, I'd order a plate of condoms.
    Ketchup on mac and cheese - the smell alone will make me sick.
    Boiled hot dogs - smells like it might give me cancer. No thank you.
    Durian - love the taste but I can't get past the smell most times.
    Caviar - Maybe I'm just not rich enough to understand, but the texture of little eggs is just wrong.
    Pineapple in Canada - always too tart. I'll eat it downsouth where it is a lot sweeter.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Kale anything really.
    Seaweed except with sushi
    Chia seed
    Fat free tortillas (cardboard)
    Low fat cottage cheese (watery chunk of stuff).
  • b33zz33
    b33zz33 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Any prepackaged guacamole. Just gross, salty, and doesn't taste like avocado.
  • LadyRooster
    LadyRooster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for a time a while back, and one of the first imitation things I tried was vegan shredded cheese from Daiya. I made a vegan pizza with it and it was horrible.
  • TayTayDrenDren
    TayTayDrenDren Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one out here that actually likes Quest bars? lol For me it was Advocare's Post Workout Recovery Shake. I don't know what it was about it but I HATED the taste.
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms everything. Grossness. And Arctic Zero "ice cream". What a cruel joke.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    cod liver oil.... coconut water