What traditional "diet" foods do you avoid?

Options
124»

Replies

• JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat anything processed beyond whole grain cereals for breakfast. Other than that, most options are on the table.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Celery and carrot sticks, blah! I don't like muesli bars (not particularly healthy), trail mix, plain popcorn, cottage cheese, pita bread, bran muffins, chili's, stir frys, garden salads...

I don't consider those "diet foods" ... in fact, a number of them are quite high calorie.
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Fat-free ranch dressing. Just say no!
  • Machka9
    Options
    I made the decision when I started with MFP that I would eat only foods I like. :)

So ... I avoid foods I don't like. Easy!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese, oh *kitten* no, but regular sure sure. Pita bread toasted up under the grill for a minute with some greens and grilled chicken and a yoghurt dressing, yes pls. Trail mix is like the opposite of diet food. It's vanished from my life to be replaced with foods of more bulk for the calories as my preference. I cook with celery in soups and have nothing against carrots in particular. A raw carrot might be my lazy lunch side. But to answer your question, I don't particularly care for frozen diet meals, low or non fat yoghurt, protein shakes, low carb anything, frozen vegetables.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    non fat dairy products
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My apologies, my thread should have been ''anyone else hate carrot/celery sticks''- that's all I really cared about.

I like them both. But I much prefer carrots cooked. Unless there is pb, then raw is awesome.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Anything with artificial sweetener. I know sugar is not great for you, but I feel like that synthetic stuff is worse. Plus it tastes so terrible I end up eating the real thing to get the taste out of my mouth.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't buy or consume ... diet soda pop or other drinks, fat-free/reduced fat, sugar-free.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love celery in things, but have never enjoyed a big stalk of it. I end up having to dig celery strings out of my teeth when I eat it.

I will never be into smoothies and I don't believe in the supposed health benefits. The stuff in them is usually fine, but you're better off chewing the food and getting the fiber along with the sugars.

I have never been able to enjoy cottage cheese although I have recently found ways to eat it mixed into chicken or tuna salad. Speaking of which, I can only enjoy canned tuna occasionally though I know others eat it daily.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. :) Salted of course.

Just about every evening after work, I have a pre-walk, pre-dinner snack of 100 grams of cottage cheese, a whole bunch of cucumber slices, and some other raw veggie like radishes, or a carrot or cabbage or something. All well salted.

Yummy!!!! :)
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I eat real food and I actually enjoy it, so anything labeled "diet" taste like poison to me. If I want cheese I eat real cheese, if I am cooking and I need butter I use real butter. I make my own yogurt. Once you start eliminating all of the artificial crap going into your system, it is hard to go back.
  • glammitude
    glammitude Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anything that says, "Diet", "Light" or, "Low fat"

I do use Splenda and drink Coke Zero here and there