Pulled Pork

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a vegetarian, but back when I tried a low carb diet, I used to make pulled pork quite a bit. I found a crock pot to be very useful in making it.

Maybe you could try pulled jackfruit? It's supposed to replicate the "pulledness" of pulled pork. If it can fool your taste buds, surely it can fool your fat stores?

I *love* BBQ jackfruit. I'm also at my goal weight, so I think I was following OP's plan without even knowing it. BBQ for everyone!

My Shop Rite carries it, but I'm meh on trying it. I'm all about protein and it's pretty lacking where that's concerned. Though I could serve it with a side of beans. Hmm....

I have paired it with baked tofu (which I think I remember you can't eat), but beans would be a great way to increase the protein (and if you put sauce on the beans, it's like double-BBQ and come on now).
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    srk369 wrote: »
    I am also a vegetarian but I like to buy the large container of frozen precooked pulled pork from Sam's club for my husband to eat. Do you think he will get the same effect on this diet even though he is using a processed store bought version instead of homemade????

No. It must be Natural.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    If you want to try the diet yourself, here's my recipe:

https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-pulled-pork-30356

(genuinely awesome)
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pulled pork is delicious any time of day!
  • letme1
    letme1 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    All I know is now I am hungry... Thanks ! lol
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    srk369 wrote: »
    I am also a vegetarian but I like to buy the large container of frozen precooked pulled pork from Sam's club for my husband to eat. Do you think he will get the same effect on this diet even though he is using a processed store bought version instead of homemade????

No. It must be Natural.

Natural, Clean, Chemical- and Toxin-free.
  • BeccaBunga11
    BeccaBunga11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right? :open_mouth:
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug: Please see my thread on ACV and pulled pork. Lots of great recipes and ideas in there so far!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503167/apple-cider-vinegar-and-pulled-pork#latest
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't know about pulled pork but this thread reminded me I forgot to put dinner in the crockpot so that's been remedied. So I guess that is an advantage of pulled pork.
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's astounding how many people think that this post is about pulled pork. Magrite, you failed!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I've been thinking of trying pulled pork for weight loss and I wondered if anyone had any experience with it and any thoughts on the pros and cons.

I was going to start by eating a bowl of pulled pork every morning before breakfast. I hope this will steady my blood sugar and melt fat.

Let me know what you think!

I recommend this along with some EZ mac...and of course, ACV
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't know about pulled pork but this thread reminded me I forgot to put dinner in the crockpot so that's been remedied. So I guess that is an advantage of pulled pork.

So you're saying pulled pork improves memory and cognitive abilities? I'm smelling a book deal!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

So you're saying pulled pork improves memory and cognitive abilities? I'm smelling a book deal!!

Exactly. I'm off to copyright that right now. Pulled Pork the Brain Diet
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I've been thinking of trying pulled pork for weight loss and I wondered if anyone had any experience with it and any thoughts on the pros and cons.

I was going to start by eating a bowl of pulled pork every morning before breakfast. I hope this will steady my blood sugar and melt fat.

Let me know what you think!

I recommend this along with some EZ mac...and of course, ACV

EZ Mac is not Natural.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    How do I make it into a cleanse? Do I just blend it (will it blend) and drink or is there further processing required.

And can I do a pulled pork enema?