Starting insanity. Anyone want to start with me?

Options

Replies

• rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would join, but I'm not doing ONLY Insanity.
    I guess you could say that I am doing an Insanity, Asylum, Asylum Vol. 2, Focus T25, Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat hybrid.
    Hopefully someday I can work up to this!
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Question guys :

I did Day 2 of Insanity yesterday and I woke up with a really sore and achey back. Is there something I did wrong as far as stretches or maybe my form or is this quit normal ?? What do you guys do to feel better ??

TY :)
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I started week 5 today. (core cardio & balance all week) It doesn't really feel like a "recovery workout" but it is a little less intense. I've never been a cardio guy, so I'm a bit nervous about next week because I think things get bumped up to 60 minutes. But hey, it's only a month right?

Good luck folks!
  • lisafulton3009
    Options
    Hi all, I'm going to start insanity this week, hopefully. I already go to classes 3/4 days per week at lunchtime but I need to clean up my eating, cut down on the booze and do more to get rid of my 2x c-section mummy tummy.

Good luck all!
  • Lass70
    Lass70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 2 today- Has anyone ever kept up with Plyometric Cardio Circuit on their first try? It kicked my *kitten*! I finished, but def had to take breaks.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Day 2 today- Has anyone ever kept up with Plyometric Cardio Circuit on their first try? It kicked my *kitten*! I finished, but def had to take breaks.

we're on the same schedule !! yes it kicked my butt too ... i feel really sore today ...
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    Question guys :

I did Day 2 of Insanity yesterday and I woke up with a really sore and achey back. Is there something I did wrong as far as stretches or maybe my form or is this quit normal ?? What do you guys do to feel better ??

TY :)

I felt the same way throughout the first week, I'd like to know of anyone else did as well. I don't feel it as much anymore, but I'm still wondering what moves caused it.
  • SquishyChef
    SquishyChef Posts: 9 Member
    Options

we're on the same schedule !! yes it kicked my butt too ... i feel really sore today ...

One day behind you guys! Just finished fitness test. Felt quite nauseous during but feel pretty good now. Those jumps really kicked my *kitten*!
  • Ajay1979
    Ajay1979 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi all, just signed up I am currently on my 2nd week of insanity, have a few questions if anyone can help me I have read about people aching after the first few days and I was the same but now the aches and pains seem to have gone I am hoping it is my body getting used to it :)

So I am male 34yo 5ft 10 weigh around 11st 3lbs, never really done exercise at gym etc.... I have a pretty active job been a sparky wouldn't say I am overweight but have a bit of fat round my gut which is why I thought I would give insanity a try, I have this past week totally changed my diet no crisps, biscuits, choc bars, sweets, although I am not totally sticking to the meals in the nutrition guide I am mixing and matching the recipes to find what works best with my busy lifestyle also I am having a recovery shake which I bought from the local gym.

I will give you a run down of what I had today to see if I anyone can tell me if this is ok,
    7.30am protein shake with skimmed milk blended with two bananas.
    7.30 -11.30 between this time I had two bananas 1 apple, and a go ahead baked fruit bar.
    12.30 wholemeal bread roll with peanut butter topped with banana, and some cottage cheese.
    3pm protein shake blended with two bananas, and a baked go ahead fruit bar.
    5pm nutrigrain raisin bar
    6.15 two slices of toast, with 3 eggs (scrambled) only one yolk.
    8.30pm do my workout
    9.15pm protein shake blended with two bananas, and a rice cake with peanut butter.

So that's it is this any good??? Also drinking around 3 litres of water a day.

And one more thing I am doing the workouts around 8.30 at night is this ok??

I am really loving doing insanity, I just hope I am doing it right I am getting through all the routines but always need to take breaks but I have never sweated so much in my life, and with the pure cardio workout tomorrow (which is a killer) I am sure I will sweat a whole load more ????anyway sorry for the long post hope some one can help.
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started week 5 today. (core cardio & balance all week) It doesn't really feel like a "recovery workout" but it is a little less intense. I've never been a cardio guy, so I'm a bit nervous about next week because I think things get bumped up to 60 minutes. But hey, it's only a month right?

Good luck folks!

Hi -

Yes month 2 is 55-60 minutes most days and is REALLY REALLY INTENSE. Enjoy your recovery week because when you hit max interval you will know what I am talking about. I was nervous too, but you just keep going. I will be starting week 7 tomorrow and I love insanity.
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just signed up I am currently on my 2nd week of insanity, have a few questions if anyone can help me I have read about people aching after the first few days and I was the same but now the aches and pains seem to have gone I am hoping it is my body getting used to it :)

So I am male 34yo 5ft 10 weigh around 11st 3lbs, never really done exercise at gym etc.... I have a pretty active job been a sparky wouldn't say I am overweight but have a bit of fat round my gut which is why I thought I would give insanity a try, I have this past week totally changed my diet no crisps, biscuits, choc bars, sweets, although I am not totally sticking to the meals in the nutrition guide I am mixing and matching the recipes to find what works best with my busy lifestyle also I am having a recovery shake which I bought from the local gym.

I will give you a run down of what I had today to see if I anyone can tell me if this is ok,
    7.30 -11.30 between this time I had two bananas 1 apple, and a go ahead baked fruit bar.
    12.30 wholemeal bread roll with peanut butter topped with banana, and some cottage cheese.
    8.30pm do my workout
    9.15pm protein shake blended with two bananas, and a rice cake with peanut butter.

I am really loving doing insanity, I just hope I am doing it right I am getting through all the routines but always need to take breaks but I have never sweated so much in my life, and with the pure cardio workout tomorrow (which is a killer) I am sure I will sweat a whole load more ????anyway sorry for the long post hope some one can help.

No. I think you need to pull out the insanity nutrition guide and follow it EXACTLY. Your diet is way too high in processed carbs, sugars i.e. bananas (can you only eat one a day?), low in protein, where are your vegetables, legumes, beans, and real food? Ditch these baked fruit bars, bread, too much peanut butter and excess bananas. Eat a bunch of egg whites a day, oatmeal, 7-9 servings of vegetables EACH DAY and limit your fruit to no more than 2 servings daily. Eat leafy greens like spinach, swiss chard, sweet potatoes for your starch, lean chicken, fish, beef daily. You can't rely solely on protein shakes. You need to eat real food or you will not be able to fuel your body. Insanity is very intense and nutrition is crucial.

Exercising at night is ok if that works with your schedule. Just make sure you consume one of your protein shakes afterwards and not eat a big dinner! I hope this helps somewhat.
  • clairemilz
    clairemilz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    week 1 done week 2 commencing.
    So chuffed can nearly do 1 full push up haha
    had no idea how unfit i was

how is everyone else getting on?
  • Ajay1979
    Ajay1979 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks smooth and fast exactly the type of advice I was looking for i will sit dwn and try and plan my meals better ???? pure cardio tonight ????????
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Planning to start insanity tomorrow. I have no more excuses now. So time to get my butt in gear and get it done. Good luck too those who have already started.
  • kareeta
    kareeta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I did the Fit Test yesterday so day 2 today. Wow....I thought I was pretty fit till I did this, have never been as red in the face , loved it though

Feel free to add me, 59 days to go :)

Karen
  • Colesmeister
    Options

8.30pm do my workout

No. I think you need to pull out the insanity nutrition guide and follow it EXACTLY. Your diet is way too high in processed carbs, sugars i.e. bananas (can you only eat one a day?), low in protein, where are your vegetables, legumes, beans, and real food? Ditch these baked fruit bars, bread, too much peanut butter and excess bananas. Eat a bunch of egg whites a day, oatmeal, 7-9 servings of vegetables EACH DAY and limit your fruit to no more than 2 servings daily. Eat leafy greens like spinach, swiss chard, sweet potatoes for your starch, lean chicken, fish, beef daily. You can't rely solely on protein shakes. You need to eat real food or you will not be able to fuel your body. Insanity is very intense and nutrition is crucial.

Exercising at night is ok if that works with your schedule. Just make sure you consume one of your protein shakes afterwards and not eat a big dinner! I hope this helps somewhat.

I have to agree - you need to eat some real food. Protein, complex and simple carbs can be gotten easy without shakes although there are times and places for them.

For breakfast I love egg whites with cottage cheese on wholemeal bagel - awesome and no shake required.
  • TanyaD67
    TanyaD67 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just started yesterday...holy cow, I'm sore today! But looking forward to any results I obtain. I did find a pretty cool app for android, 'insanity tracker'. Tracks your fitness tests, body measurements, and has the calendar. Very cool for people like me, who didn't purchase the DVD set with the calendar and everything.

Oh, and feel free to add me as a friend. Always looking for people to help motivate me.

Thanks for this app, i think it will be very useful in logging my fitness test etc, like you i don't have the full thing and was writing it down on a piece of scrap paper :) And you know by the time it would have come to logging it again i would have lost the paper lol
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Is everyone just doing strictly Insanity or still doing there regular workout routine (lifting, cardio, zumba) ?? If so, how do you fit this in with your Insanity schedule?? I've actually skipped going to gym because I'm focusing on following the Insanity calendar but I miss doing Zumba ... I don't want to be working out 7 days a week though ...
  • StaEast
    StaEast Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the site and blogging. I am a 39 year old female who needs to lose about 50lbs and get her cholesterol down about 25 points. My family (husband and 2 boys) are starting INSANITY with me today. I am a little excited and A LOT scared. I am not going to follow the meal plan - I have my own that works for me, about 1200 calories which includes protein, lots of veggies and small amounts of low carb fruits in my vegetable smoothies. My biggest challenge is drinking enough water (I can go days without touching a glass) so I plan to cut out my favorite diet sodas and alcohol (bye-bye happy hour) all together and fill up a gallon jug every day and drink it that will give me a goal I can really see instead of just filling up my cup from the water filter at work – hopefully that will help. I hope INSANITY will give me the motivation I need to get back into working out. INSANITY here I come!!! I will let you guys know my thoughts on INSANITY tomorrow.
  • MommyTo2Monsters
    Options
    Hi! I'm actually in month 2 of Insanity (first week of month 2)! I am amazed that I got this far and now I'm determined to finish it off strong! I really would love to get my husband to do it with me but with his knees being pretty bad after years of mechanic work I don't think he could handle it! I actually really want to get T25 to do after this, but I still have 3 weeks to go first!!