Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Add me :) eating 1,200 cal. Or less Per day

Replies

• reinatwinkle
    reinatwinkle Posts: 22 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Okay, but are you going to follow it or continue with your plan to under eat?

Of course follow it
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I was planning to 900 .i was just asking for advice if 900 is good?? Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Nope. Not good. MINIMUM of 1200 calories. And that's a NET goal. If you exercise, it should be more.

What happens when somwone eat below 1,200? I just joined this app.

Muscle loss, hair loss, loss of period, organ weakness and shutdown...the list of issues goes on
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I was planning to 900 .i was just asking for advice if 900 is good?? Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Nope. Not good. MINIMUM of 1200 calories. And that's a NET goal. If you exercise, it should be more.

Muscle loss, hair loss, hormonal problems, loss in bone density...let me know if you need me to continue.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Did you put all your information into your profile? What calorie target did you get? Follow that.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    The title of the posting changed from 700 calories to 1,200 calories.

OP, did you decided to up your daily calorie allotment?

700? I saw it when it was 900. Hey, maybe if we keep going we can get up to a healthy 1500 calories!

Maybe I was dreaming it. Thanks for the correction.

My short term memory is.....wait....what was I saying?
  • marrrisa
    marrrisa Posts: 44 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

Muscle loss, hair loss, loss of period, organ weakness and shutdown...the list of issues goes on

And ruining your metabolism...
  • reinatwinkle
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Did you put all your information into your profile? What calorie target did you get? Follow that.

I get 1,200
  • reinatwinkle

Muscle loss, hair loss, hormonal problems, loss in bone density...let me know if you need me to continue.

Yes
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I hope you've gotten the message that you're approaching this in an unhealthy and unsafe manner. You need to go through MFP's guided set up and set a reasonable and safe weight loss goal for yourself. If you have under 75 lbs to lose, you should try for no more than a 1.5 lb/week rate of loss with an absolute minimum daily calorie goal of 1200. Take it slow and steady so you don't put your health at risk.
  • reinatwinkle
    <3
  • clags301
    clags301 Posts: 69 Member
    OP, it sounds like you need some help with understanding your nutritional needs - that's okay. I would suggest you be really honest when entering your profile info - current weight, goals, activity level, etc, and then start by trusting the MFP recommendations and eat the recommended calories. If your goal is to lose weight, make sure that weight is within a healthy BMI (google BMI calculator) and then plan to lose max 2 pounds per week, less if you don't have a lot to lose.
    You look young and beautiful in your profile picture. Building knowledge of and a healthy relationship with food will serve you well for life.
    Good luck and good health.
  • reinatwinkle
    I hope you've gotten the message that you're approaching this in an unhealthy and unsafe manner. You need to go through MFP's guided set up and set a reasonable and safe weight loss goal for yourself. If you have under 75 lbs to lose, you should try for no more than a 1.5 lb/week rate of loss with an absolute minimum daily calorie goal of 1200. Take it slow and steady so you don't put your health at risk.

Thank you so much <3
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

What happens when someone eat below 1,200? I just joined this app.

You lose some fat and lots of lean muscle....because your body will get the calories from somewhere. Some women on very low calorie diets experience hair loss, your body will fuel your heart muscle and your brain before fueling a full head of hair.

Very low calories can be prescribed by a DOCTOR. But these are medically supervised, shots, special food additives, etc....this is not a do-it-yourself project.

This is just dangerous and unhealthy. If you persist with very low calorie posts you're going to get kicked off the site.

• Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Stick with 1200 sweetie :). 900 is not healthy, or sustainable, as you can see from the myriad of posts above. Best of luck on your journey!! Cheers!
  • reinatwinkle
    clags301 wrote: »
    OP, it sounds like you need some help with understanding your nutritional needs - that's okay. I would suggest you be really honest when entering your profile info - current weight, goals, activity level, etc, and then start by trusting the MFP recommendations and eat the recommended calories. If your goal is to lose weight, make sure that weight is within a healthy BMI (google BMI calculator) and then plan to lose max 2 pounds per week, less if you don't have a lot to lose.
    You look young and beautiful in your profile picture. Building knowledge of and a healthy relationship with food will serve you well for life.
    Good luck and good health.

Thank you <3
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    If you give us your stats (age, height, weight, how much you have to lose) we can help you with your MFP settings.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    I don't understand why people want to eat the least amount of food and make themselves miserable instead of eating the most you can and still lose weight.

OP this is unhealthy. Stop. Just stop.
  • reinatwinkle
    If you give us your stats (age, height, weight, how much you have to lose) we can help you with your MFP settings.

Age 25
    Height 5'4
    Weight 184
    I need to loose to get my ideal weight (what is my ideal wieght base on the above info?)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited February 2017
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Uh-oh. This is going to get shut down pretty quick.

OP - this is horribly unsafe. Losing fat, and quite of bit of existing lean muscle mass is not a good look either.

Lean muscle mass INCLUDING organ muscles such as your heart.

Women die eating lower than 1200. This is another possible side effect. May not happen right away, but eventually.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Age 25
    Height 5'4
    Weight 184
    I need to loose to get my ideal weight (what is my ideal wieght base on the above info?)

To give you an idea, I am 5'1", 29, 164lbs. MFP sets me at 1200cals. I reset that to 1400cals. I also workout 60mins a day and eat back half my calories..
This discussion has been closed.