Is reading a Profile that hard?

Options
ladyark
ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
Not sure if this is posted in the right place or not... I get a couple friend requests a day. In my profile i request a note why you want to be friends etc or i will Not accept. You dont know me or anything about what got me here etc and you want to be my friend? I keep my profile accesable for that very reason. I dont know why its so hard to read a profile first. Am i being unreasonable in this request?

Ok end of rant lol

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a couple too. It's the very first thing on my profile, so sometimes I do wonder if people have any interest in me as a person... T_T
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    they might do it just to piss you off...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Nope apparently not I have been having this problem for a very long time
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    It doesent piss me off....i just hit decline. But, they might be missing out on having me lol
  • tatianna68
    tatianna68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Like any sosial site there are people that just like to collect friends and will add anyone and everyone just to have a big number. They think quanity is more important than quality. Just keep doing as your doing and ignore those that don't care enough to read your request.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start sending blank friend request to each poster here. Every day.
    Followed by junk pics to those who accept........
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of them too! I accept them just to give them the benefit of the doubt cause I know that if there's a reason to I can just delete them!

And no, it's not hard to read a profile. It's not like you're reading a novel or an academic journal! And just to prove to myself that it's not hard, I just read your profile and after being impressed with what I was reading, I decided to send you a FR. Hope you accept!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Tessyloowhoo Posts: 504
    Options
    I find it funny when someone requests me without a message... and they say ON THEIR PROFILE how they hate people who dont eat carbs...
    It is like do some research before you request someone.
    btw lostdogg i am already on your friends list and i still haven't gotten junk pics.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It doesent piss me off....i just hit decline. But, they might be missing out on having me lol
    maybe you are missing out. why not give them the benefit of the doubt and just delete them if things don't work out? just because of any bad experiences you have had in the past shouldn't mean that ALL people that wants to be your friend has to apply... I usually wont even bother asking... maybe they are asking because they feel you are totally awesome and want to be in such company?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start sending blank friend request to each poster here. Every day.
    Followed by junk pics to those who accept........
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

We are already friends, but I'll take the junk pics :P
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How come you people get all the junk pics? And I don't get any? :noway:

I usually decline, too. I used to accept but then I found most of those to be uncommunicative in the end. But sometimes, when I am in a good mood, I send them a MSG asking them to verify that they are not zombies.

But those MSG-less frs annoy me deeply. Damnit, I am worth it!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Someone on this forum thought I was a creationist. Yep I call myself neandermagnon, have a neanderthal in my avatar and put on my profile that I'm a palaeoanthropology nerd and particularly interested in the middle palaeolithic era, because I'm a creationist.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    People tend to highly ignore that one simple request. I don't know why. But it's always a decline.
  • TeamDale
    TeamDale Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Uh, I will make a comment here. Many of my friends feel they are being stalked by men and get lots of friend requests that they now ignore. And the same goes for me. You want to be my friend, tell me why, and it better be true!
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How come you people get all the junk pics? And I don't get any? :noway:

I usually decline, too. I used to accept but then I found most of those to be uncommunicative in the end. But sometimes, when I am in a good mood, I send them a MSG asking them to verify that they are not zombies.

But those MSG-less frs annoy me deeply. Damnit, I am worth it!

Boobies in your inbox! :wink:

I :heart: you so much!
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    1st world problems
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my profile short and to the point.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I try to guilt people into it on my profile but some still don't do it. THEY'RE *kitten* MONSTERS!

ps, if you read on my profile how I actually ask for the message, you will see why I think people who still don't send them to me are monsters.

:laugh:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    1st world problems

yep.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Some people are friend collectors....like on Facebook. I get requests even though I say I am no longer taking requests because I cant keep up with the friends I have. But if you get friended by someone who has, say, 400 friends, they're probably a collector.