Is reading a Profile that hard?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    How come you people get all the junk pics? And I don't get any? :noway:

I usually decline, too. I used to accept but then I found most of those to be uncommunicative in the end. But sometimes, when I am in a good mood, I send them a MSG asking them to verify that they are not zombies.

But those MSG-less frs annoy me deeply. Damnit, I am worth it!

Boobies in your inbox! :wink:

Can I get some boobies in MY inbox?? :love:
    I'd rather have junk in my inbox. :wink:

I don't have a problem declining friend requests. Plenty of people don't bother reading profiles, so it's just something to deal with.
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    A lot of people use the mobile app where profile information isn't displayed.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Or they couldn't read it because their lips were tired?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is posted in the right place or not... I get a couple friend requests a day. In my profile i request a note why you want to be friends etc or i will Not accept. You dont know me or anything about what got me here etc and you want to be my friend? I keep my profile accesable for that very reason. I dont know why its so hard to read a profile first. Am i being unreasonable in this request?

Ok end of rant lol

Probably has something to do with the fact that you're topless, grasping your breasts with your hands with a big grin on your face, in your profile picture.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    the less clothes you wear for your profile pic the more requests your goin to get. and if they don't add a message its because they figure your showing off the goods so you prolly make friends easily
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am going to make it a requirement that my potential friends send me booby shots!
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    1st world problems

That's not a first world problem. First world problem is getting mad because you received a fr without GIF.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1st world problems

true
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm getting tired of getting junk pics...:grumble:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yup apparently it is I have been having this problem for a very long time (fixed duh)
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I usually decline blank requests. I don't think anyone reads my profile, I'm always impressed by those who mention something I wrote on there. Lol!!!
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    WOW - I hate to sound so - well - confrontational, but why would it bother you to get a friend request? When I see a post by someone on a message board that was supportive and encouraging, I usually send a friend request. It's off putting to me to get a reply of "If you don't mind my asking, why did you request me as a friend?" I usually just move on because frankly, I don't want to connect with someone who thinks like that.
    I enjoy the interaction and support I find here on MFP. It's motivating to log on and see in my news feed how someone just lost a pound or hit a new goal. You can only do that if you are connected to others on your same journey.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    WOW - I hate to sound so - well - confrontational, but why would it bother you to get a friend request? When I see a post by someone on a message board that was supportive and encouraging, I usually send a friend request. It's off putting to me to get a reply of "If you don't mind my asking, why did you request me as a friend?" I usually just move on because frankly, I don't want to connect with someone who thinks like that.
    I enjoy the interaction and support I find here on MFP. It's motivating to log on and see in my news feed how someone just lost a pound or hit a new goal. You can only do that if you are connected to others on your same journey.

It's not the fr that bothers me. I welcome fr anytime. And I would like to think that I am supportive of each and everyone of my friends. The thing is, I don't need you to write an essay on why you want to be my friend. All I want is to know that you didn't just randomly click on my profile and add me. Without a MSG, for all I know, you could have sent a fr to me by mistake. It's the effort and the action of sending me a MSG that make me think you care at all to be my friend. I am not even that picky, even a "Hi, I saw your post just now and would like to be your friend" is enough. Like, I said, it's the initiative that counts.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

It's not the fr that bothers me. I welcome fr anytime. And I would like to think that I am supportive of each and everyone of my friends. The thing is, I don't need you to write an essay on why you want to be my friend. All I want is to know that you didn't just randomly click on my profile and add me. Without a MSG, for all I know, you could have sent a fr to me by mistake. It's the effort and the action of sending me a MSG that make me think you care at all to be my friend. I am not even that picky, even a "Hi, I saw your post just now and would like to be your friend" is enough. Like, I said, it's the initiative that counts.

^^^
    That
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

This! Also most of the blank ones NEVER EVER talk to you again. I don't need dead numbers on my friends list I love the interaction I have with my friends

ETA: As I typed this I get yet another BLANK request! LOL
  • Maracuya77
    Maracuya77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I think some people really don't know how to read. If they do have any slight inclination toward reading, it's lost in their ignorant obscurity...with that said, I have noticed that people on dating sites are terrible at reading. It's kind of an epidemic. It's all about convenience...the faster, the better. Lol
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I accept them without question but I do state in my profie that I am vulgar and innapropriate. If I accept someone and they act like a jerk I delete them.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    All this hate on illiteracy makes my butt hurt................ I can't believe just how inconsiderate each one of you are.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem. Not everyone reads a profile. You can accept or decline the request. What you can't do is control what other people do.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Some people are friend collectors....like on Facebook. I get requests even though I say I am no longer taking requests because I cant keep up with the friends I have. But if you get friended by someone who has, say, 400 friends, they're probably a collector.

I'm not a friend collector. I just say yes, and then see who keeps up with me.