Who eats whatever they want and drops body fat?

Options
124»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Very interested that so many people eat whatever they want, just at a calorie deficit! I was so worried that to get any fat loss since im already healthy bmi that I would have to cut out processed food. bread. dairy. fattier meats. etc etc etc....big sigh of relief!!! Thanks!!

When I started on MFP I made the conscious decision not to cut anything out, other than calories. Instead, I focused on adding things to my lifestyle: more protein, more vegetables, more whole grains, more exercise, more sleep. I found that by doing that, and trying to get the appropriate amounts of those things, I could leave room for things like wine, pizza, oreos, etc but in moderation and only as often as I could fit them in.

If specifically fat loss is your goal but you are already at a healthy weight, you may want to look into recomposition via strength training and eating at maintenance calories. There is a good thread on that here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Dropping body fat is a function of a clean, healthy diet like whole foods --> meats, eggs, beans, fruits and veggies...
    You are what you eat.
    Further, fat loss is enhanced by certain forms of training like HIIT cardio, weight lifting and plyometrics.
    80% of our results are from diet, so get that right first or learn to love being merely average.

I never ate clean... and honestly.. whats wrong with being average? There is enough superficial B.S in this world, we should be learning to love ourselves for who we are.. I am a beautiful person, i treat people in my life with love and respect, i lost my 111 pounds and while i might not be above average, why should that really matter?

There are times when just pushing the awesome button is not enough.

Great post (or should I say "average" post?)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Dropping body fat is a function of a clean, healthy diet like whole foods --> meats, eggs, beans, fruits and veggies...
    You are what you eat.
    Further, fat loss is enhanced by certain forms of training like HIIT cardio, weight lifting and plyometrics.
    80% of our results are from diet, so get that right first or learn to love being merely average.

I never ate clean... and honestly.. whats wrong with being average? There is enough superficial B.S in this world, we should be learning to love ourselves for who we are.. I am a beautiful person, i treat people in my life with love and respect, i lost my 111 pounds and while i might not be above average, why should that really matter?

All the likes for this post.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Callorie deficit for weight loss...however, as you want to get leaner have improved body comp you are going to need progressive lifting routine and improved macro/micro adherence...I maintain 15% body fat and still incorporate ice cream, Oreos, pizza, etc into my diet
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You are what you eat.

Losing 111lbs is not average. That's quite an accomplishment. I do agree with your general sentiment though.

To the OP, I've lost only a little weight ~15lbs but I've shed ~7% BF while eating mostly what I want. My portion sizes are smaller pretty much across the board though and I did have to slightly alter the actual foods I eat. I'd be hungry all the time if I hadn't due to the lower calorie allowance but I do eat candy, chocolate, fast food, pizza etc. when I can fit them into my food plan. Over time, I learned what foods I like that are most satiating and high in protein for the least calories so now I mainly focus on getting enough protein and everything else falls into place around that. The more efficiently I can my protein in, the more room I have left for indulgences.