Sugar levels exceeding due to fruit!? Healthy calorie intake!?

Options
2»

Replies

• macaron01
    macaron01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    butcher206 wrote: »
    All these hundreds of words and people typing up essays and completely ignoring the OP's question lol

Alright then; keep on trying to educate people on sugar with your admitted lack of medical knowledge or understanding of the topic and derailing the topic completely.
    macaron01 wrote: »
    So, I have noticed since the beginning of using this app, my sugar levels go outside of my daily limits due to fruit. Out of 100g of sugar, 80g from fruit and 20g from normal meals. Does this mean I should lower my sugar level!?
    Another problem is that my calorie intake is at an average of 1200cal daily and I get 500-1000cal off daily. Would this be ok or should I start to be worried about how much calorie I have?
    If someone would please answer this, I would be grateful

OP: Keep doing what you're doing there's nothing wrong with it; source; my doctor.

Ok then, thank you^_^

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    So, I have noticed since the beginning of using this app, my sugar levels go outside of my daily limits due to fruit. Out of 100g of sugar, 80g from fruit and 20g from normal meals. Does this mean I should lower my sugar level!?
    Another problem is that my calorie intake is at an average of 1200cal daily and I get 500-1000cal off daily. Would this be ok or should I start to be worried about how much calorie I have?

I swapped out Sugar and Sodium for Fiber and Iron as these are more useful nutrients for me to track. Fiber for satiety and iron because I am anemic.

What do you mean by "my calorie intake is at an average of 1200cal daily and I get 500-1000 cal off daily"
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok to answer the question, I am perfectly healthy and no medical conditions, slightly overweight. So that is why I worry about wether fruit sugar will have any impact on the body weight. The 500-1000 cal off basically is from exercise.

So on a day with a 1000 calorie burn you net 200 cals?

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Ok to answer the question, I am perfectly healthy and no medical conditions, slightly overweight. So that is why I worry about wether fruit sugar will have any impact on the body weight. The 500-1000 cal off basically is from exercise.

So you eat 1200 and exercise for 500-1000 calories per day? What's the exercise? That seems high. However, at 1200 it's important to eat back at least some exercise calories.

Eating sugar beyond MFP's limit while staying at a calorie deficit cannot cause weight gain. If you are eating adequate vegetables, protein, and healthy fats, it also won't be problematic nutritionally. Some find fruit filling (I do, personally), some do not, and that's going to affect whether it's a good diet for you or not -- if you are feeling good and getting enough other foods for a balanced diet, no problem with it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

No sugar of any kind will affect your weight if you stay in a calorie deficit to lose and calorie maintenance to stay at a goal weight.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    butcher206 wrote: »
    All these hundreds of words and people typing up essays and completely ignoring the OP's question lol

Alright then; keep on trying to educate people on sugar with your admitted lack of medical knowledge or understanding of the topic and derailing the topic completely.

OP: Keep doing what you're doing there's nothing wrong with it; source; my doctor.

Several people (including myself) already answered the question, saying not to worry about the sugar, and asked her to clarify what she meant by "500 - 1000cal off". We were just arguing about sugar while we waited for her to come back.

OP, I'm still not quite clear on what you're doing with your exercise, can your explain it again? And in case it wasn't clear enough: don't worry about the sugar.
  • macaron01
    macaron01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    so, my exercise is mainly morning and night exercises, martial arts and jogging. which i run quite fast and burn quite a bit if calories, the exercises are basically circuits which also burns quite abit as well. martial arts is just karate for an hour non stop 5 days a week, every saturday 2 hours.
    and thank you to those who ansswered the question, it was very helpful ^_^