cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    zp1sgtlcup7n.gif
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    kace_kay wrote: »
    lpsqvdoaafw9.jpg

My girl Madison as a puppy. I had to drop her off at the vet this morning, she has a shoulder/leg injury not getting any better, at ripe ole age of 14 I can only hope no surgery and if so she makes a full recovery. <3

poor babe! I hope she feels better soon!

Thank you! <3

Doctor said she is super healthy, blood work and all! No inflammation or swelling. She doesn't even seem to be in pain, she just hobbles on it. lol

My husband asked if by chance dogs can fake it so we feel extra sorry for them. Its working she gets all the attention. lol

Doc will do MRI/xrays when I take her back in two weeks to have her teeth cleaned. He thinks its some form of arthritis and sent her home with pain meds.

Story about our first dog.

We had friends over and were getting ready to go camping with them. Their kids were playing with the dog in the backyard, when she whelped and came up favoring her front paw. We think she just got it stuck in a hole funny (nothing the kids did) but I picked her up, put her on the bed and fussed over her while my wife gave her a treat.

Couple of days later we were camping and the camp dog came by. So I'm petting him and look over to see my girl limping again. There was nothing wrong with her but she just didn't like some other dog getting the attention.

She continued to do this for years to come. If she was stressed or wanted attention, that paw went up.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    lpsqvdoaafw9.jpg

My girl Madison as a puppy. I had to drop her off at the vet this morning, she has a shoulder/leg injury not getting any better, at ripe ole age of 14 I can only hope no surgery and if so she makes a full recovery. <3

poor babe! I hope she feels better soon!

Thank you! <3

Doctor said she is super healthy, blood work and all! No inflammation or swelling. She doesn't even seem to be in pain, she just hobbles on it. lol

My husband asked if by chance dogs can fake it so we feel extra sorry for them. Its working she gets all the attention. lol

Doc will do MRI/xrays when I take her back in two weeks to have her teeth cleaned. He thinks its some form of arthritis and sent her home with pain meds.

Story about our first dog.

We had friends over and were getting ready to go camping with them. Their kids were playing with the dog in the backyard, when she whelped and came up favoring her front paw. We think she just got it stuck in a hole funny (nothing the kids did) but I picked her up, put her on the bed and fussed over her while my wife gave her a treat.

Couple of days later we were camping and the camp dog came by. So I'm petting him and look over to see my girl limping again. There was nothing wrong with her but she just didn't like some other dog getting the attention.

She continued to do this for years to come. If she was stressed or wanted attention, that paw went up.

LOL!

My grandmother had a cat that she hit with the car in the driveway once. She didn't hit him HARD, but he limped and made a fuss. She took him to the vet, who X-rayed him and said he was fine, maybe just a little bruised. So she babied him and fussed over him for a while, but he continued to limp.

Many vet visits and much money spent, and nothing seemed to be wrong with that cat. After a while, it became clear that he limped ONLY for her. We'd go to visit and drive up the driveway and that cat was climbing a tree, chasing birds, leaping tall fences in a single bound. As soon as Nana came into view, his limp would magically reappear and he became pathetic and needy.

That *kitten* went on for the rest of his life, which was longish. Butthead.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that gets excited when I log on and see that there are 14 new posts on this thread? keep the puppy pics coming...I need more puppies today!!!

I actually pace myself and ration it, so I can it enjoy it longer.
    I'm on page 81 (with 37pages to go).
    I love this thread.

• sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Went to a out of state conference for a week and stepped out of the car when I got home and was quick enough to capture this expression :)

How cute!
    Dog Shame: Went to gym, came back from gym. Yyyeahhh....somebody was a baaaaaaad dog...he literally put himself in his crate because he knows he did something he shouldn’t have. :D

Haha what a smart pup :lol:

He obvi went counter surfing. Why a box of tissues, I do not know, lol