Puppy Pics for people that like puppy pics

Replies

• ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with dog fights? I was walking Ruby on a leash when a pit decided to escape his collar and his muzzle and charge us. He refused to back down or listen to his owner. It took what seemed like forever to break him off her so we could get away. I felt helpless, I had no idea how to handle the situation. I tried to find some protocols to deal with this but came up with a lot of impractical suggestions. Anyone here have some insight?

I use a product that comes in a red can called " PET CORRECTOR"
    You have to be fairly close for it to work, but I use it for any negative behavior that needs a time out. It is just a can of compressed air that emits a hissing sound that interrupts whatever is going on. It worked great for teaching my dogs not to great visitors with barking or jumping on people also.
    My 2 dogs are both female. They are pretty scary when they are each vying for dominance. One press & they stop long enough for me to defuse the situation. I've used in the off leash park. Every dog within earshot stops what they are doing and turns their head. Mine run back to me - usually -
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with dog fights? I was walking Ruby on a leash when a pit decided to escape his collar and his muzzle and charge us. He refused to back down or listen to his owner. It took what seemed like forever to break him off her so we could get away. I felt helpless, I had no idea how to handle the situation. I tried to find some protocols to deal with this but came up with a lot of impractical suggestions. Anyone here have some insight?

I use a product that comes in a red can called " PET CORRECTOR"
    You have to be fairly close for it to work, but I use it for any negative behavior that needs a time out. It is just a can of compressed air that emits a hissing sound that interrupts whatever is going on. It worked great for teaching my dogs not to great visitors with barking or jumping on people also.
    My 2 dogs are both female. They are pretty scary when they are each vying for dominance. One press & they stop long enough for me to defuse the situation. I've used in the off leash park. Every dog within earshot stops what they are doing and turns their head. Mine run back to me - usually -

Thanks! I'm gonna look for it online. Definitely seems perfect for our walks. :)

I wonder if carrying treats would work? All animals I've seen forget everything for a treat. It wouldn't be the only thing I use but I wonder if it would work?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    7a6w8baru5qa.jpg
    Soakin' up the sun

What breed is he/she ?

She's a mastiff/lab mix :)

Very pretty ...

Mine is a mix as well