lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    ba4f807hov5z.jpg

Priceless!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    ba4f807hov5z.jpg

This triggered a hysterical memory for me. Back in my beagle owning days, our local mall decided to host a "picture your pet with Santa" event. This was the first time anyone had tried such a thing. I said oh what the heck, loaded up the dog, and went to the mall. The line was out the door and into the parking lot, and security cut off the line with five families behind me, at about 7 pm. There was just about every animal you can imagine in that line. And we waited for HOURS, as evidently it is hard to get a pet to agree to sit with a man in a red furry suit and a beard. Dogs started peeing on the floor, one lifted it's leg on the wall of a store. . . it was chaos. The janitorial staff finally gave up and just started putting the wet floor cones over the pee spots. My dog had had enough after about 30 minutes, but I was determined. And when we finally got our turn (at round 9:30 pm), Santa was looking pretty frazzled and bedraggled, and my dog was having none of it. So I had to be in the picture holding her captive on Santa's lap. I still have it somewhere.

Funny, the mall had to offer another day to those that didn't make it in line, and they never did it again.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    ba4f807hov5z.jpg

This triggered a hysterical memory for me. Back in my beagle owning days, our local mall decided to host a "picture your pet with Santa" event. This was the first time anyone had tried such a thing. I said oh what the heck, loaded up the dog, and went to the mall. The line was out the door and into the parking lot, and security cut off the line with five families behind me, at about 7 pm. There was just about every animal you can imagine in that line. And we waited for HOURS, as evidently it is hard to get a pet to agree to sit with a man in a red furry suit and a beard. Dogs started peeing on the floor, one lifted it's leg on the wall of a store. . . it was chaos. The janitorial staff finally gave up and just started putting the wet floor cones over the pee spots. My dog had had enough after about 30 minutes, but I was determined. And when we finally got our turn (at round 9:30 pm), Santa was looking pretty frazzled and bedraggled, and my dog was having none of it. So I had to be in the picture holding her captive on Santa's lap. I still have it somewhere.

Funny, the mall had to offer another day to those that didn't make it in line, and they never did it again.

That’s crazy! Would love to see the pic! I think this was at PetCo in 2012... My favorite locally owned pet supply store is doing photos with Santa this weekend, and I might try again with one or two of my well behaved beagles — possibly Pip (above) again and Arya. It’s hard to imagine one turning out as well as this one :smile:
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    qgbj6fu31j8u.jpg

This pic made me realized that I need to adopt a second rottie asap, mine's got so big. He is so cute
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    qgbj6fu31j8u.jpg

This pic made me realized that I need to adopt a second rottie asap, mine's got so big. He is so cute

need some pics of your pup my friend
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    fvy80m5e1xj3.jpg

Basset Hound Puppy FTW!

look at that ears! so cute
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    SneakyVee wrote: »
    qgbj6fu31j8u.jpg

Speaking of pups, I want a rottweiler puppy for christmas :D
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    SneakyVee wrote: »
    qgbj6fu31j8u.jpg

Speaking of pups, I want a rottweiler puppy for christmas :D

it wasn't me if it just shows up at your house...
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    fvy80m5e1xj3.jpg

Basset Hound Puppy FTW!

Awww .. so cute
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    d11hznssx7ap.gif
  • SneakyVee