I gain weight by eating healthy????????????

Options

Replies

• Persephonestar9
    Persephonestar9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No one is perfect and I hope my comment didn't come across as being rude. You were asking for advice, nothing wrong with that and you admitted that you had made some mistakes diet-wise.
    Try not to let it get you down or stop you from asking questions in the future, that's how we learn. :)
  • Persephonestar9
    Options
    Sorry but that's just not the case. Have you actually looked at the nutrition panel of these foods??
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming in a day? Weight fluctuates a lot, particularly for women, thanks to our whole monthly thing. Additionally, exercise and higher sodium intake will create some water retention.
  • Persephonestar9
    Options
    You can lose weight by doing these things
    Eating a lot of processed foods and too much sugar will not make you healthy though. :/
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sorry but none of what you listed sounds like healthy eating... skipping meals? Chinese food? Pizza? Are you even counting calories at all? Or paying attention to your macronutrients?

By the way it IS very possible to gain weight truly eating healthy foods if the amount of calories is too high. It's also counterproductive to be skipping meals and eating so little sometimes interspersed with days eating too much and very unheslthy- that's how you crash your metabolism and then gain weight when you binge.

Please try to lose weight slowly with a proper daily calorie goal, regular meals, and exercise.

Do not weigh daily- daily fluctuations in weight mostly have to do with water retention/hydration, not actual fat loss.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    i weigh sometimes in the day and night.. i love watching it go up and down lol..

I need a life lol

Haha! I used to weigh about 3 pounds more at night than the next morning, sometimes even 4 pounds! Now that I've lost some weight it's less drastic- more like 2 pounds, sometimes 3.
    (Can you tell I do that too? And more often than I'd like to admit)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    See
    Sorry but that's just not the case. Have you actually looked at the nutrition panel of these foods??

Yes. And calories are all that matter for weight loss.
  • Persephonestar9
    Options
    It actually does matter what those calories are made up of. But I guess being healthy doesn't count, just weight loss?? Where are you getting your facts from? Obviously nothing to do with nutrition.
  • Persephonestar9
    Options
    Guess it doesn't matter if you're healthy or not then?
    Yeah, less calories are important but skinny does not equal healthy and I'm obviously in the wrong chat if it's just weight loss and no consideration for people's health. So, guess I'm done. :/