I gain weight by eating healthy????????????

Options

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    nutrition and weight loss are two different things
    you can get nutrition losing, gaining or maintaining, but you can only lose weight by less calories.. no matter what they are made of.

Spot on.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Guess it doesn't matter if you're healthy or not then?
    Yeah, less calories are important but skinny does not equal healthy and I'm obviously in the wrong chat if it's just weight loss and no consideration for people's health. So, guess I'm done. :/

What one person deems healthy may be completely different for someone else, that is for the person losing the weight to decide.. Personally i find it kind of annoying when you get those pumped up clean eaters coming in, guns blazing going "NO PROCESSED FOODZ NO TAKE OUT NO JUNK" "IF YOU CANT PRONOUNCE THE INGREDIENTS DONT EAT IT" ... and so on..

:smiley: None of those people ever explain just what "Processed" means.

They might mumble something about "Preservatives", but then look blank when you say, "oils, fats, salt, and vinegar are all preservatives, and are supposed to be essential or good for you".
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal for weight to skip around like that. What is not normal, though, is how little you're eating on they days you're being "good!" You need to giver you body enough to sustain itself. It's likely you're not, and that's why you end up eating on "bad" (there are really no bad) foods.
    Plug your info into MFP and make it your goal to eat the number of calories it gives you.
    If the daily weight numbers stress you out, then only weight once a week-hide the scale if you have to.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    processed is such a vast term.. like.. seriously, i have things to do in my day i am not gonna go sit in a farm field and dig my food up out of the ground.. im gonna buy that breaded chicken burger from the grocery store for a quick bite that some hairy sweaty man who probably showered 4 days ago is operating the machine that chicken rolled out on and into a box so my store could cook it and throw it on a bun and sell it to me for 2.47. No matter how many unpronounceable ingredients are in it.

sarcasm aside though.. lol

There are so many things processed in many ways..
    its amazing im still alive eating food... no longer diabetic anymore, lost all my weight, have great blood work results.. just counted calories though.. somehow this healthy and nutrition thing seemed to just fall into place with that as i went.

You know that breaded chicken doesn't grow out in the farmer's fields, right?

/sarcasm

It's perfectly normal for weight to skip around like that. What is not normal, though, is how little you're eating on they days you're being "good!" You need to giver you body enough to sustain itself. It's likely you're not, and that's why you end up eating on "bad" (there are really no bad) foods.
    Plug your info into MFP and make it your goal to eat the number of calories it gives you.
    If the daily weight numbers stress you out, then only weight once a week-hide the scale if you have to.

This is why I asked about calorie goal.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Lol... be vwery vwery qwiet... im hunting brweaded chicken!

That's the spirit! :laugh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Shame OP never came back...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If you had eaten the same thing in the same weights, you will still have not been the exact same weight.
    Too many things effect weight for you to track it like that.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast and lunch almost everyday, which helps with the weight loss. Two days ago i ate only grilled vegetables at dinner time and nothing else. I weighed 128.7. Yesterday i didn't eat breakfast or lunch but i did eat a bunch of cookies, Doritos, peanut butter, three pieces of pizza, and some cake. For some reason, i only weighed 128.2. Today, i ate a large ceaser salad for lunch and a tiny bit of chinese food for dinner and some wheat thins. For some reason i ended up weighing 129.4????

This doesn't sound healthy to me.

What is your calorie intake?

• beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    When you skip meals your body stores anything it can as fat incase its being starved again.
    Google, why I'm not losing weight when I eat less. There's hundreds of articles

Noooooooo
  • gracemaryx
    gracemaryx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you need a more balanced diet that gives you enough food to be satisfied whilst still remaining in a calorie deficit.

Calculate your recommended daily intake for weight loss based on your age, height, weight and activity level (there are many online calculators which can do this for you - I recommend IIFYM.com) and hit these numbers daily. You will see amazing results - I promise you that! Having your daily calorie intake too low can actually cause your body to burn muscle for fuel (you don't want that!), and if you are in an extreme deficit for a long period of time it can also wreck havoc on your metabolism.

Restricting and bingeing is an ongoing, painful cycle that you really do not want to get yourself caught up in.

As everybody else has mentioned, weight does fluctuate daily. You'd be better off weighing yourself once per week/fortnight.

Good luck!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    you dont gain weight immediately it doesnt work like that...
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    When you skip meals your body stores anything it can as fat incase its being starved again.
    Google, why I'm not losing weight when I eat less. There's hundreds of articles

No. Plenty of us here do IF and only eat 1-2 times a day. Meal timing/frequency doesn't matter for weight loss, being at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals does.

The same goes for what kinds of foods you're eating-in terms of weight loss it doesn't matter what kinds of foods you're eating, what matters is that you're at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals.

And OP- your weight will fluctuate due to all sorts of things, not related to fat gains, on a daily basis. Being up a bit on the scale one day doesn't mean you're actually gaining fat. These fluctuations are totally normal. Focus on your monthly weight trends, and not daily or even weekly ones, to get a better picture of where you're at.