Your go to breakfast.

Options

Replies

• Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make pancakes early in the week and then eat several nearly every morning.
  • meridethgillis
    meridethgillis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For those of you eating oatmeal. I love it but 1/2 cup is 300 calories. Isn't that high calorie, especially, if you add nuts, fruit, honey or agave to sweeten, cinnamon, and a 1/4- 1/2 skim milk that's puts my whole day out of wack. Way to high on fat, carbs and calories to have balanced meals the rest of the day. What am I doing wrong?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Overnight oats made with almond milk, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, flax seed, frozen blueberries and walnuts, OR
    Yogurt with frozen blueberries, oats, flax seed, and vanilla protein powder. I top this off with some type of granola.

I flavor both with cinnamon and sometimes pumpkin pie spice. :smiley:
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

For those of you eating oatmeal. I love it but 1/2 cup is 300 calories. Isn't that high calorie, especially, if you add nuts, fruit, honey or agave to sweeten, cinnamon, and a 1/4- 1/2 skim milk that's puts my whole day out of wack. Way to high on fat, carbs and calories to have balanced meals the rest of the day. What am I doing wrong?

My oats are 141 calories per half cup. I've never heard of one as high as 300 calories. Are you sure that isn't for a whole cup? What kind of oats are they?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @meridethgillis - my oats are 150 calories per 1/2 cup. My entire overnight oat breakfast normally does not end up being more than 300 calories.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Coffee and dark chocolate. Seeing all these posts reminds me...I just don't want food in the morning. Especially the cheeses, yogurt, and oatmeal :confounded:

I make up for it later in the day, though! :smile:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Fallfrenzy wrote: »
    @meridethgillis - my oats are 150 calories per 1/2 cup. My entire overnight oat breakfast normally does not end up being more than 300 calories.

Yes, for me oats are pretty low in calories for the satiety. Mine too are 150 calories per 1/2 cup.
  • rigginguem
    rigginguem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Diced Chicken and brown rice/quinoa w/ various veggies mixed in. Little hot sauce, YUM.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Used to be a Fiber Brownie but now I'm making my own protein bars
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats (flavor varies)
    or
    Cereal + milk with an English muffin and peanut butter
    Or
    Two over-easy eggs and English muffin with Laughing Cow wedge

On weekends, I like to make pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy, or bread pudding.
  • 2018WeddingShredding
    Options
    I actually love cream of wheat, I put in a tablespoon of chocolate cups and a stevia I love it ❤️
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with various add ins to keep it interesting!!!
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Lunch! ;)
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    2 pieces of wheat toast, 15 grams of peanut butter, 32g of banana sliced and 2 strips of bacon.

Obv put together in sandwich fashion.
  • lapinu390
    lapinu390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Either a small bowl of cereal and semi skimmed milk, two pieces of toast with low fat spread or a bagel with light soft cheese
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats with whole milk or a 2 egg omelet with shredded swiss cheese and some buttered toast.
  • k1073
    k1073 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tim horton's bacon breakfast croissant and a large double double.
  • FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1/2 avocado with apple cider vinegar on toast
    Expresso & green tea
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't add any of that to my oatmeal. I boil water in no sodium added chicken broth for a little extra flavor. I may add a small splash of no sugar syrup (I keep a low sodium and sugar nutrition, personal preference), but that's about it. Need my carbs!
  • smelliefeet
    smelliefeet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Canned fish, like sardines or herring