weight watchers and mfp

Options
Hi, I have been a Weight Watchers member for years and have done really well on it. For the past 10 months I have havw been fluctuating between the same 3 pounds. I added up my calories and noticed I was eating between 1100-1400 calories per day. MFP says I should be eating 1660 for the amount of training I do. Has anyone ever experienced this before? i am so frustrated and feel so defeated....

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The last three pounds? Your logging needs to be tight
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    i have 10 to lose...
  • zfitgal
    Options
    i never said anything about te last 3 pounds...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    When you added up your calories, did you include all your fruit and veg? I only ask, because WW doesn't allocate Points for them.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    The answer to not losing weight is never in tease calories. You need to tighten up your logging. Use a food scale for ALL solids.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    i only ate 2 fruit a day on ww and I did eat veggies. I didn't start my fitness pal yet. I logged all my info and 1660 is what it said, My bmr is 1450, so it makes sense to be eating 1660. I train hard. 6 days a week, very heavy weight lifting 4 days a week and cardio 3 times an hour each session. I dont think I'd measure lettuce and fiborous veggies, only starchy ones. But I would measurw fruit.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    and ppl will slow down their metabolism from not eating enough. It's very common @elphie75
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I ask because changing to MFP from WW, logging veg was the mind-block I had to get over. I easily eat 200-300 calories in veggies a day, and that's not including the starchy ones.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    im sure I am eating that now in veggies, but my weight loss atopped totally, I added thw fruit in to my cpinring calories
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    From my experience with WW the accuracy is very loose. They're not super into accurate logging. That can make it hard if you don't have a large margin for error. So in the beginning when you have a lot to lose it is fine, but as your deficit gets smaller it definitely becomes an issue. Which works great for them because you remaining a paying customer longer, but not for the one hoping to lose the weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Also, the new Smart Points system calculates points bvased on saturated fat and sugar, rather than carbs and total fat. In that, it is making a subjective judgment call on 'health' rather than actual calories, which can significantly impact weight loss.

It's one of the reason people are leaving the new system in droves.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    zfitgal wrote: »
    and ppl will slow down their metabolism from not eating enough. It's very common @elphie75

Nope. This is untrue. Starvation mode in this context does not exist.

Google it, it's very realy, and I'm experiencing it @elphie754
  • zfitgal
    Options
    ok so I'm totally lying and not really tracking right?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    Google bodybuilding.com and type in starvation mode...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Nope. This is untrue. Starvation mode in this context does not exist.

Google it, it's very realy, and I'm experiencing it @elphie754

the only way its real is if you are eating 500 calories or less,then your body once it doesnt have enough calories will turn to fat, once its gone then it turns to muscle(heart,lungs,etc) to use for fuel. after that your metabolism starts shutting down. if starvation mode http://www.nowloss.com/starvation-mode-myth.htm were real to where you held onto everything anorexics,people in starving 3rd world countries would retain fat stores. what you do get if you are dieting and eating more than that is adaptive thermogenesis-https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3673773/.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    not to sound dumb but huh lol?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Google bodybuilding.com and type in starvation mode...

it says LOW calorie diets http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/changingshape4.htm it states if you drop to less than 1000 calories you can lose lean body mass. so i dont know where you are getting that its a thing.