Food items that are bad for you?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone compaire an apple to a doughnut or pizza slice lol is this a real thread?! Or is this done by a troll? At the end of the day you CAN work a pizzaslice into your calories AND macros if done properly, but its WAAAAAAAAAY easier to add an apple into both catagories lol

I'm going to see if I can sell my kids on "Friday: Apples and Movie Night". But I don't think it will really fly. I also don't think I'd be satisfied with an apple for a meal. Plus pizza has (in addition to the carbs that an apple would have), some fat and protein as well. I'm not sure why it needs to be one or the other...

Oh it doesnt have to be, thats what I'm saying. You can have your pizza and doughnut, and your apple too! If it all fits in your day...i mean apples all day everyday HAS to be bad for you. All foods are ok in moderation..

I wouldnt eat an apple for dinner, thats silly. I'm just saying healthier options are easier to fit calory and macro wise. Maybe instead of a puzza or doughnut you can have an awesome flavourful salad....or just eat your friggin pizza and live a little lol

Yeah, I think that you think you are saying it doesn't have to be a choice - but it still kind of sounds like you don't think doughnuts and pizza can be part of an overall healthy diet... I can't imagine a scenario when I am faced with a choice between doughnut or salad... and I tend to eat a salad WITH my pizza so that I limit the pizza to a couple of slices.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    potato salad that has been sitting at room temperature for awhile is bad for you...trust me on this one...

or chicken left in the fridge for a week ....yea, that happened to me once...
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone compaire an apple to a doughnut or pizza slice lol is this a real thread?! Or is this done by a troll? At the end of the day you CAN work a pizzaslice into your calories AND macros if done properly, but its WAAAAAAAAAY easier to add an apple into both catagories lol

I'm going to see if I can sell my kids on "Friday: Apples and Movie Night". But I don't think it will really fly. I also don't think I'd be satisfied with an apple for a meal. Plus pizza has (in addition to the carbs that an apple would have), some fat and protein as well. I'm not sure why it needs to be one or the other...

Oh it doesnt have to be, thats what I'm saying. You can have your pizza and doughnut, and your apple too! If it all fits in your day...i mean apples all day everyday HAS to be bad for you. All foods are ok in moderation..

I wouldnt eat an apple for dinner, thats silly. I'm just saying healthier options are easier to fit calory and macro wise. Maybe instead of a puzza or doughnut you can have an awesome flavourful salad....or just eat your friggin pizza and live a little lol

Yeah, I think that you think you are saying it doesn't have to be a choice - but it still kind of sounds like you don't think doughnuts and pizza can be part of an overall healthy diet... I can't imagine a scenario when I am faced with a choice between doughnut or salad... and I tend to eat a salad WITH my pizza so that I limit the pizza to a couple of slices.

I stated it was fine if you can fit it into your caories and macros lol so I'm not sure how muchclearer on that I can be. But, I can see how maybe I couldcome across bias, I'm not a huge fan of doughnuts, and I ADORE pizza, just not the way I feel afterwards so I usually opt for something else (not always salad). But as I stated already, if it fits in your daily allotment of cals and macros have at 'er.

I was simply responding to the apple comment really, I've never heard that one apple would be on par or worse than a slice of pizza...but hey, whatever lol
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

pizza is fat, proteins, and carbs, how is that hard to add into macros? macros are minimums not maximums...

I didnt say it was lol if you can fit it in, then do it lol I did it yesterday...not everyone can though depending on what they ate for breakfast, snacks, if they worked out to have extra cals to eat back...there are other things to consider :P I'd really like to point out that I didbt once state it was hard to add pizzato your day lol
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    OP there's a good chance that your coworker is not giving you the whole picture/not giving you all of the details or your coworker has a quack doctor.

Is it possible your coworker has developed an allergy to apples or fruits and didn't mention that? Or has a condition where she can't eat fruits b/c it will cause flare ups for him or her? I'd take that fruits are bad thing with a sea of salt.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Or the co-worker may have been previously trying to eat healthy by eating loads more 'fruits and vegetables' (neglecting the latter half of that list and supplementing with granola bars, resulting in her living off pretty much just sugar) and the doctor may have been, in response, trying to explain, say, the nutritional difference between fruits and vegetables and why 99% of your diet should not be sugar...and it came across as apples, granola bars=bad.
  • ndj1979
    Options

pizza is fat, proteins, and carbs, how is that hard to add into macros? macros are minimums not maximums...

I didnt say it was lol if you can fit it in, then do it lol I did it yesterday...not everyone can though depending on what they ate for breakfast, snacks, if they worked out to have extra cals to eat back...there are other things to consider :P I'd really like to point out that I didbt once state it was hard to add pizzato your day lol

you said it is easier to add an apple to your macros, and I pointed out that it is just as easy to meet your macros with pizza...
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options

you said it is easier to add an apple to your macros, and I pointed out that it is just as easy to meet your macros with pizza...

Well....sometimes it is lol I know with what I have listed to eat today it's easier to add an apple than a slice of pizza. I also stated if it works then do it, I don't know why you continue to argue this with me :P
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Foods that are bad for you
    Anything that puts you over your calories and into a surplus (unless you need to be in a surplus)
    Anything you have a sensitivity to or are allergic to
    Anything that could cause problems with a diagnosed medical condition

Foods that are good for you
    Anything you want in moderation.. yes even apples and granola bars!!.. that doesn't put you into the three things listed above.

Nice, concise response to all the "________ is bad for you threads". I just may copy and/or steal this from you (yes, I will credit you also).
  • ndj1979
    Options

Well....sometimes it is lol I know with what I have listed to eat today it's easier to add an apple than a slice of pizza. I also stated if it works then do it, I don't know why you continue to argue this with me :P

not arguing, pointing out the shortfall in your statement...
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My co worker went to the doctor and the doctor said any kind of fruit is bad for you and you should not eat any of it.

Time for a new doctor that sticks to scientific fact rather than this dribble.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Like ndj1979 says, it's the sugar. I was heart broken - I love apples. But, since I quit eating them (and lowered my sugar / carb intake overall) I have lost weight.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My co worker went to the doctor and the doctor said any kind of fruit is bad for her and she should not eat any of it.

I made some changes. That's better.