Food items that are bad for you?

Options

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Large slice of Mighty Meaty from Mellow Mushroom, 44% fat, 34% carb, 22% protein. While not the perfect food, it ain't too shabby in terms of macros. That's 547 calories, I'll take two please!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The only apples that are bad for you are red delicious. What a deceiving name.

Nooooooooooo, those are the only ones I truly love.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    My co worker went to the doctor and the doctor said any kind of fruit is bad for you and you should not eat any of it.

Hello Holly,

Your friend needs a new doc, and you need to stop listening to silly stuff like this.

The only food that's bad for a person is that which he/she is allergic or intolerant to. :)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The only apples that are bad for you are red delicious. What a deceiving name.

blech. Yeah- those aweful, tasteless monstrosities.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Just found out apples are horrible for you? And so is nature Valley granola bars are too? It sounds like I should have been eating donuts and pizza all along instead of apples and granola bars. Any one have any advice on this?

Maybe stop reading or listening to wherever/whomever you got these ideas from. There is nothing wrong with apples, granola bars, donuts or pizza as part of a healthy diet.
    Foods that are bad are ones that taste bad, are contaminated, poisonous, spoiled, or that you are allergic to.
    For weight loss you just need a calorie deficit not a particular type of food.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I once had some egg salad that was very, very, very bad for me.

Had that experience with Mexican lasagna once. It was very bad for both my mother and me. Sad, too, because otherwise it was delicious.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Oh evil apples. And don't get me started on bananas on a Friday night after several glasses of wine.....made with grapes.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Red delicious haters, maybe you mean Macintosh apples? Macintosh apples are sad.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Fuji's are great!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If it ain't Gala, it ain't apple.....js
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Fuji's are great!

Yes! They're my favourite :D

Apples are bad.... When they're floury. Or bruised. Or when you take a bite and realise you've eaten half a worm.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Fuji's are great!

Apples are bad.... When they're floury. Or bruised. Or when you take a bite and realise you've eaten half a worm.

Well, ya... the whole worm has more protein. :disappointed:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    My co worker went to the doctor and the doctor said any kind of fruit is bad for you and you should not eat any of it.

Well, sure, a doctor would say that. Doctors need patients to pay for their offices, malpractice insurance, and student loans.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Fuji's are great!

Oh, no. Those are destined for cider, hard cider even.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Give me a good Empire, McIntosh, Jonamac. I like the tart flavor in most of our NY apple breeds. Red delicious tastes so bland to me in comparison to the strong sweet/tart combination in an Empire. (I believe Empire is a cross of red delicious and McIntosh. It is what I usually buy.. Really cheap here).