What's your career and do you love it?

Options

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I just noticed we have enough diversity to build our own nation from the ground up
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I just noticed we have enough diversity to build our own nation from the ground up

I am a structural engineer, and architect; so I'll draft us some plans, and designs.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    MrStabbems wrote: »

I am a structural engineer, and architect; so I'll draft us some plans, and designs.

Cool I can make those little tables you find in pizza boxes out of twigs and twine.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm a software engineer.

It's great, because I get to be nerdy all day long, it's mostly guys, and I get to spend a lot of time not talking g to people. Being an engineer also means I'm not expected to be big on socializing or tact. I'm kinda of known as the weirdo who gets results, and that's more thank OK with me.
  • MAH80T50
    MAH80T50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had been working as a carer for the elderly from 1989 until 2016, when I decided I'd had enough and changed career path ... I am now a CSA (Customer Solutions Advisor) for a large international facilities management and building company, I work on the Direct Line Group contract.

I am starting my NVQ in Customer Services in March, plus a volunteer as a school governor at a local primary school; I enjoy my job, it is challenging at times, especially as I have only just moved onto the DLG contract - I was on Virgin Media before the new year, I loved that contract, I worked my way up to being a senior CSA on there, so I hope to get back to that level on DLG in the future, but it is a tough contract because we're such a small team.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm an accountant. I graduated from FSU. I own my own small accounting firm and I have 5 employees and subcontract 2 accountants for the overflow.
    Don't give me wrong, I love my job. It's a lot of headache and stress I deal with every single day. At least 50-60 emails and phones calls I receive on a daily basis I write 2-3 thousand dollar checks just in payroll every week. Do I make a ton of money in profit? No. Had I rather become a stay home wife and have some children? Yes.
    Am I my own boss? No. I'm a slave to my clients.
  • chrissy9382
    chrissy9382 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a manager in a children's nursery and I hate my job, I would love to be a yoga teacher as I'm in love with my practice and it's become my life. Only problem is I have no clue how to switch career and maintain a paying bills at the same time :(
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Stay at home drinker
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    If I told you ..I'd have to kill you :D
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I work in dentistry. It's afforded me the opportunity to meet some lovely people and it's nice to help them, But, I don't generally enjoy what I do. Too much paperwork, entitlement and belittlement. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I won the lottery.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Teacher/ordained non-denominational minister. Now I stay home and home school my kids. I'm seriously considering going back to school when my youngest is a little older to switch careers and go into Naturopathic medicine and Acupuncture.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    I'm a field tech for a telecom company. Great field great pay great company. Hate my job.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm an RN. I love it. It's always different. I'm in theatre but I'd love to get into general practise nursing.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I'm a model ....Well ....I mean I take a lot of pictures of myself
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I am a full time Realtor. Any idiot who can fog a mirror can get a real estate license and make a few sales here or there but it is hard work to actually be able to make a decent living doing it. Most of the time I love it, sometimes I hate it LOL.

But it is always a roller coaster...often rewarding esp when you help buyers with financial challenges get their very first home that they can actually afford. Rewarding when you sell a home that is a huge burden to the owner.

I can choose my own hours. That is my schedule is extremely flexible, often I get to work 10 hour days for 21 days straight!

It is full of adventure, laughs, insanity, anger, euphoria, and depression. No other job like it. 10 years doing it full time ...can't imagine any other job being this exciting.
  • motoveg
    motoveg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Correctional Officer(Corporal) and I love it.
  • jenneemally
    jenneemally Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lpn at a correctional facility. I like the "never know what you're Gonna get " and learning about gang stuff...it's not a very rewarding job though and you have to have thick skin. Verbal abuse goes both ways lol