How do you ( or did) plan to celebrate or reward yourself?

Options

Replies

• ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would really love to go skydiving as a reward for reaching my goal.... I just have to somehow convince my husband to let me.
  • KirbyFortin1
    KirbyFortin1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just had my first "10lb pedicure" last week! I laid out a few things I have 'wanted' for a while that I haven't wanted to spend the money on. First 'mini-goal' is 'one'derland, which will be a 32lb total loss and I have been saving to buy a new suit for work and have it tailored.
  • justkeeprunning91
    justkeeprunning91 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    sbear867 wrote: »
    I plan on running princess marathon next year at Disney world to celebrate the healthy changes I've made so far!

I ran the princess half last weekend, it was a fantastic experience! Good luck to you!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I've been rewarding myself with new clothes out of necessity. I have to look presentable for work and too big clothes and a front desk don't mix well...

My long term reward (dependent on hitting goal weight and maintaining for 2 years) is eye surgery. My doctor actually suggested it to me when I went it to start the necessary preparations. He's worried that losing weight might impact my sight (my astigmatism has been changing since I've lost weight), so he'd rather wait until it's again stabilized - meaning in about 4 years... :neutral:

Has your astigmatism been getting worse? I guess time for me to schedule and eye dr. appt.

@Rocknut53 Sorry, didn't see your question until now

Sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's better.

It's driving me bonkers as walking at night becomes a bit hit and miss when the glasses don't have the right correction. The stairwell at work is a particular torture as well - gray floor, gray steps, gray walls and badly lit. I don't walk down without holding tightly to the railing. I don't like driving at night anymore either for that reason.

The doc said that 'how' the fat is distributed around the eye (and how it's lost) could be having an impact on my sight (slight mechanical pressure on the eye changing in odd and unpredictable ways). He did a full check up and found nothing else that might be causing the variations, but he does want me in every 3 months to keep an eye on things in case there is something else going on that just hasn't manifested enough to be noticed.

Considering how freaky my fat deposits have been acting I totally believe the mechanical explanation! I'm all lumpy right now (and the lumps wander around from day to day :neutral: ) and still have 20kg to go...
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I plan on running princess marathon next year at Disney world to celebrate the healthy changes I've made so far!

I ran the princess half last weekend, it was a fantastic experience! Good luck to you!

I had to Google the Disney marathon. I had never heard of it. It looks interesting! I think I might participate just for fun, the 10k or the Castaway Cay Challenge, either in 2018 or 2019.
  • raidgirl
    raidgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy a nice watch ! I will only do it after I am please with what I see in the mirror- meaning ideal weight and tone after I start hitting the gym soon.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    My wedding is next February, so getting the dress that I really want is my reward. I found out that every time I buy myself something related to fitness, I get more motivated. But because we are on a budget, we can't just spend like crazy. So, we came to an agreement: for every 10 pounds I lose, I get to purchase something for fitness. Whether it is newer shoes, workout clothing, a piece of equipment, or a system. It may not be much and others may think it is silly;however, it really works for me.

It's not silly.

My problem is I want a new treadmill so it's taking a lot of 10 lb losses to justify :(

That is one of my goals too! But, for now, I go walk the track. :)
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options

Now that sounds Awesome! We have a lot of runs in Houston that are pretty cool, but I didn't know about this one at Disney. :smile:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My wedding is next February, so getting the dress that I really want is my reward. I found out that every time I buy myself something related to fitness, I get more motivated. But because we are on a budget, we can't just spend like crazy. So, we came to an agreement: for every 10 pounds I lose, I get to purchase something for fitness. Whether it is newer shoes, workout clothing, a piece of equipment, or a system. It may not be much and others may think it is silly;however, it really works for me.

It's not silly.

My problem is I want a new treadmill so it's taking a lot of 10 lb losses to justify :(

That is one of my goals too! But, for now, I go walk the track. :)

I have one now. Just is a cheap one I've had for a lot of years (as a clothes rack) and it didn't like the pounding I gave it at +300 lbs, so even now almost 250, it squeaks a lot.

I know the one I want. An AFG 5.7 Sport. But it's almost a grand on sale so I'm saving for it. Nice thing is it works with a tablet and you can program in your routine and not rely on the built in programs, plus it is heavier duty than what I have.

Fall purchase.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a get away! Haven't really thought about it because I'm so close and I took 2 trips this past year - was going to just pay bills this summer. Maybe a small weekend get away :blush:
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    The only problem with rewarding yourself is... you have to pay for it out of your own pocket. And if you have the money to do that, then you could reward yourself whether you reach your goal or not. :)

That being said, I want to do one of those "boudoir shoots" when I reach my goal weight... and also go on a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret!!
  • suzjmac
    suzjmac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lost over 1 stone in 6 weeks.Rewarded myself by booking a skiing holiday in the Alps and bought new handbag.Due to fly out Sunday.
    Second goal lose another stone... planning some summer outfits shopping and to look great at daughters BA graduation.
    Third goal lose last stone and look great and "persuade" my husband to buy me a tummy tuck.

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Originally, I thought I would reward myself with new clothes, not considering that it would be an actual necessity. I am down 66 pounds now, but still have about 70 to go for my goal. I am so unsure of what my reward should be. I would love to take a trip to Ireland, but I also do not want to strain my family finances with a "reward" for myself.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Since I first commented on this thread I've thought a lot about what I want as a reward. And I think I want to get the tattoo I've been thinking about. I started thinking about it a couple years ago but timing and finances were never right. But if I plan accordingly now I should be able to do it when I reach my goal....
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    Since I first commented on this thread I've thought a lot about what I want as a reward. And I think I want to get the tattoo I've been thinking about. I started thinking about it a couple years ago but timing and finances were never right. But if I plan accordingly now I should be able to do it when I reach my goal....

My daughter's a tattoo artist and owes me many so that is on my to do list. I can now put them on places I'd have been embarrassed to in the past.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    maybe1pe wrote: »

My daughter's a tattoo artist and owes me many so that is on my to do list. I can now put them on places I'd have been embarrassed to in the past.

I've been thinking about getting a bellydancer tattooed on my hip (I've been bellydancing for about 5 years now) when I reach my goal weight.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!