For those that struggled with the last 10 lbs

Options
124»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    LisaTcan wrote: »
    After years of getting stuck at 140lbs (I'm 5'6'') I finally got down to a very lean 133 two years ago. My "ultimate goal" had been 128, but as I was already a size 4 and looked great I re-evaluated. What changed was not my diet but the amount of exercise I did. I was cycling 25KMs a day and lifting heavy 3x a week. I was able to eat 1750 calories a day and get down to that size.

Without a ton of exercise I need to eat about 1300-1400 calories to lose weight, and to be honest it's just too hard for me to do. I'm currently trying to lose baby weight and not nearly as active and having a really hard time.

Word I'm 5'4" and got down to a lean 133 then 128. It was painful to get to 128 because I do no cardio and need about 1300 calories. Now I'm stuck back up at 144 again and it's still painful.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've gone back and forth wanting to lose about 6 more pounds with the HOPE that it will come from my arms and lats and NO WHERE ELSE. lol I KNOW that's a dream ( a woman can dream right??), but I've increased my weight training and maintained my cardio so I can EAT, (I'm in a small deficit). I hope that the small deficit will do what I want it to do! From chest down I'm satisfied... wouldn't mind a Bit more stackage..but more than anything I want an inch or two off these resistant arms then I'd actually be Happy with my overall appearance and not "just satisfied". :-)
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Yep, I've gone back and forth wanting to lose about 6 more pounds with the HOPE that it will come from my arms and lats and NO WHERE ELSE. lol I KNOW that's a dream ( a woman can dream right??), but I've increased my weight training and maintained my cardio so I can EAT, (I'm in a small deficit). I hope that the small deficit will do what I want it to do! From chest down I'm satisfied... wouldn't mind a Bit more stackage..but more than anything I want an inch or two off these resistant arms then I'd actually be Happy with my overall appearance and not "just satisfied". :-)

Word. I'd love for a half inch off of my arms. I really prefer a nice 11 inch arm.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You guys are scaring me. When I had my last child I weighed 219 pounds. I needed to get to 150# to be at prepregnancy weight and I'm not sure how much weight I need to lose beyond that. I'm 5'4". I now weigh 161.6

Have I yet mentioned that my son is 5 years, 2 months? 60 pounds in 5 years. Now if the last 10 takes a long time I will be an old woman.

I'm not even concerned about what the scale says I just want to be less fat. And to not have chub rub.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Take deficit breaks eat at maintenance eat 50-70% of your exercise calories that must be good
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    After years of getting stuck at 140lbs (I'm 5'6'') I finally got down to a very lean 133 two years ago. My "ultimate goal" had been 128, but as I was already a size 4 and looked great I re-evaluated. What changed was not my diet but the amount of exercise I did. I was cycling 25KMs a day and lifting heavy 3x a week. I was able to eat 1750 calories a day and get down to that size.

Without a ton of exercise I need to eat about 1300-1400 calories to lose weight, and to be honest it's just too hard for me to do. I'm currently trying to lose baby weight and not nearly as active and having a really hard time.

Word I'm 5'4" and got down to a lean 133 then 128. It was painful to get to 128 because I do no cardio and need about 1300 calories. Now I'm stuck back up at 144 again and it's still painful.

I feel like I am reading about myself here! So thanks for sharing. I've never tracked anything until now - I'm new to MFP and need to take control of these last ten pounds post-baby.

I lost 30 lbs in my 20s to hover around 130, 135 although my real goal is 129.

But I was a lean 135, loving my HIIT workouts and teaching Pilates and jogging a lot of trails as a hobby, not just for weight loss. Post baby it's a whole new world!

Anyone please feel free to add me as a friend. I could use extra accountability as I use this place to really hit my calorie needs and get strong again without abusing myself!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Just the topic I needed to revisit today! I'm in the gain/relose the last 15 pounds over a n d over! But not willing to just chuck it.
  • bbell1985
    Options

I feel like I am reading about myself here! So thanks for sharing. I've never tracked anything until now - I'm new to MFP and need to take control of these last ten pounds post-baby.

I lost 30 lbs in my 20s to hover around 130, 135 although my real goal is 129.

But I was a lean 135, loving my HIIT workouts and teaching Pilates and jogging a lot of trails as a hobby, not just for weight loss. Post baby it's a whole new world!

Anyone please feel free to add me as a friend. I could use extra accountability as I use this place to really hit my calorie needs and get strong again without abusing myself!

If you're new you're going to rock it then. I've been tracking calories for years and felt jaded and defeated. You're fresh!
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! I lost 35 lbs in 2011 with MFP and maintained that loss for 4 years. Then my marriage took a nosedive and I jumped ship...putting 10 lbs on in a little over a year. I maintained my exercise, but did not watch my diet...not one little bit. I DESERVED all those Reese's PB cups after all the suffering I'd been through...RIGHT?!?!? Fortunately, 5 months post-divorce, I am starting to remember the value in self-care. I felt soooo much better about myself when I was in my 130s. I'm 5'6" and my goal is 130, but realistically, I can maintain 135-137 & be happy without feeling like life is all about the scale. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    It depends a little on what you consider those last 10 lbs. I've cut down to 8% bf before and I find that much harder than cutting down to 9-10%. The last pounds seem to come off slower but keeping at it and sticking to your plan will work.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I reached what I felt was my achievable happy weight last summer, and have maintained +- 5lbs since. I am going away in 43 days and decided to give it another go to come closer to my original goal weight

I am not pushing too hard, I am doing small photo diary of each of my day - picture from my walk, step count, my meals and my workout. I am trying to keep it fun, enjoy my meals and activities. I am happy I stopped losing weight at the time, but I feel confident enough now that I can sustain the weight loss and perhaps losing little bit more and I am trying to be open minded and have fun with it, instead of getting fixated that I have to lose.

I lost and regained few times in the past and it was hearbreaking! It was important for me to be confident in weight maintenance before pushing further. For me doing temporary fixes didn't work, it was gradual life style adjustment. I felt at the time, when I said enough for now, that I reached a point when i can't eat less and be happy and I can't exercise more and feel happy and sustain it. It was great to decision at the time

I am trying now again, with same mindset. I feel I can do little more and do small adjustments to my food but if I feel it's too much and I am getting hangry or too tired I will stop and go in maintenance mode again

• timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am still struggling. I got down to 120, 20 lbs below my max weight, for several months before cycling up to 135 and down to 125 over and over again. Now I'm at 123 and I don't want to lose my progress; consistency and sustainable pacing are things i struggle with.