March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @7lenny7 - That is freaking amazing! 20 mile runs in 6 of 7 weeks?? :astonished: I suspect it is sustainable. Clearly you have established that as part of your base. Of course, like anyone, you'll probably blast all that with some crazy race that will knock you down a peg or so for recovery time. Freaking fantastic! How long do your 20 mile runs take? Do you keep it all in zone 2?

ETA - As proof of the sustainability, check out the Marathon Maniacs "levels". The highest level is "Titanium", which more than just a tiny handful of people have earned.
    52 Marathons or more within 365 days.

30 Marathons in 30 different US states, Countries, or Canadian Provinces (any combination) within 365 days.

20 Countries within 365 days.
    I'm guessing a few of those just do regular marathon distance and kick off these marathons all as training runs for a year.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - That is freaking amazing! 20 mile runs in 6 of 7 weeks?? :astonished: I suspect it is sustainable. Clearly you have established that as part of your base. Of course, like anyone, you'll probably blast all that with some crazy race that will knock you down a peg or so for recovery time. Freaking fantastic! How long do your 20 mile runs take? Do you keep it all in zone 2?

Not counting Saturday, since it was a forced slow run, my road 20's are at a 9:45 pace on average.
    The three 20's on very hilly trails have been at an 11:20 average. Plenty of walking up steep hills on those.

Including a couple of 18's and a 19 in this training cycle, my HR has ranged from 130 to 139, averaging 135.

Garmin tells me Zone 2 is 131 - 144. So yeah, always in Zone 2.

Friel's table tells me 141-147 is Zone 2 :/

I never really paid much attention to zones. I used to go by the Daniel's tables spreadsheet for a target HR but now just go on feel.

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sub 60 temps are history. Gotta get used to going slower or not as far. Humidity sucks.

Goal: 120 mi (back to orignial goal)
    To date: 111.74 mi
    To go: 8.29 mi
    Projection: 128.29 mi

Just got my car back this morning after three and a half weeks. Had been literally running errands.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

@Elise4270 sorry you had to miss your race yesterday :(

Thanks. But I'm okay with it, turns out DOMS was waiting for me after yard work Saturday.

I am sad about not catching @BEERRUNNER April 2nd though. The tenative evening races should not be a problem! And I'll keep training!
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OK @MobyCarp, I have to ask about the Spam Filter. Is this a MFP thing? BTW, that's a great shot!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @mobycarp great picture
    @elise4270 I love your profile picture :heart:
    @7lenny7 thanks, I'm proud of my girl. I know she can run faster, she needs to know she can run faster, she's a XC runner at heart. She's going to start running the 3200 and drop the open 800.

Just got a call from the hip doctor's office, I missed my appointment today. Okay I never do stuff like that, I'm obviously too busy.
  • dpwellman
    Options
    At least I've gotten a lot of use out of the Nike Mog Bolt I was given for Christmas:

auu3tubwo2vd.jpg

~16 lbs of groceries. Doesn't fit as well when fully expanded, but otherwise fine for running
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I did not get my runs in on Wednesday and Friday.
    spyn4ajcteo7.jpg
    I'm only at 35 miles so far for March.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    01/03 3.52 miles
    02/03 5.02 miles
    04/03 4.5 miles
    08/03 5.16 miles
    09/03 3.54 miles
    10/03 3.51 miles
    12/03 3.01 miles
    14/03 3.51 miles
    15/03 4.02 miles
    20/03 3.82 miles
    21/03 4.04 miles
    23/03 4.51 miles
    24/03 4.41 miles
    25/03 3.75 miles
    27/03 3.77 miles

exercise.png

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Since I'm in a video posting mood,

This is a special kind of crazy, from up in Duluth, MN. I wouldn't make it past the first turn without broken bones.
    I love the dogs running side the trails!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I saw that video. Amazing good sportsmanship. I always find near the end of a race that people are trying to help each other get through. I helped a guy who was running his first 5K and turned out he knew some friends of mine. He said he never would have finished if it wasn't for me. Skip stopped one time during a XC race when someone had fallen and was obviously hurt, she said after I don't care about my time I cared that she was hurt. She was shocked people were just going around her, the girl was bleeding. That has come back to here too, she had a girl stop to help her when she fell during a race. Hey it's all a part of it, we all want each other to succeed.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    OK @MobyCarp, I have to ask about the Spam Filter. Is this a MFP thing? BTW, that's a great shot!

@WhatMeRunning - It's an MFP thing. @Stoshew71 ran into it a few months ago and posted about it. Apparently there are (or were) some spam bots targeting MFP. When the MFP techies looked at it, the common thing they found to auto-reject was that all the spam messages had the number one-one-nine (as numerals) in the message. So they hold every post with that number for review. That doesn't bother most chit chat, but if I happen to need that specific number, my post is held for review. It appears anywhere from a few hours to a day and a half later, in the group at the spot for when I posted it. In a low volume group, people don't see it because it doesn't trigger the new message flag. In a high volume group, people don't see it because the thread has moved on.

You would think there would be something else less common than a three digit number starting with 1 that MFP could use for screening, but that's what they came up with.
  • dpwellman
    Options
    @MobyCarp Huh. . . I had no idea that was a thing. Think a spam filter would possibly not trigger on members that have n number of posts. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. The IT part my brain got initiated.

• WhatMeRunning
    Options
    I'm guessing the spammers could easily get around that filter. :lol: