What kind of shampoo and conditioner do u use

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Right now I am loving Hempz for colored hair. It smells yummy and makes my hair soft n shiny.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    hzkysc8rowam.png

I have used copious amounts of the oil for many years. MUST HAVE. For shampoo and conditioner I use Pureology.

9e9x7ijcb8rc.jpeg
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    Something that isn't tested on animals. Or owned by a parent company that does.

Attitude Super Leaves Science products are awesome...considered one of the best in terms of ingredients and no animal testing as per the Environmental Working Group.

Thank you, I'll check it out!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Lush products are (IMO) ridiculously expensive, but the Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo smells amazing and makes my hair shiny, and the American Cream conditioner smells even better and makes my hair soft. I have very coarse thick hair so it's worth it to me.

(Sorry for some reason I wound up posting the photo separately, below)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    l2d0lfl3flwh.jpg
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Shampoo -- Lush Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar

Conditioner -- Brite Bar None conditioner bar (it is available at Ulta)

My hair is way better than it used to be and I don't use plastic bottles for shampoo or conditioner. They also last for months.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I dilute some Castile soap and add a few drops of almond oil. I then rinse with a solution of apple cider vinegar. Natural products are a passion of mine and I love to experiment with their multi-purpose uses.
  • laurenq1991
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    I love castile soap but haven't used it in my hair yet, I'm gonna give your idea a try with other essential oils. I make a foaming hand soap with it that's really helped with my dry skin and I use Kirk's unscented bar soap. My skin has just gotten to sensitive over the years and regular soap is too harsh. I've always been interested in the ACV hair rinse but can't stand the smell.

I tried it last year (JR Liggett's shampoo bar) and it messed up my hair really badly. It was dry and greasy at the same time and had horrible knots and it started breaking off really easily. I had all these short little strands sticking up from the top of my head. Turns out the pH of soap is pretty high and can damage hair. It took months for it to go back to how it was.

Olive oil soap is great for dry skin though. I was using the Kiss My Face soap for a long time but the company went out of business and I can't find olive oil soap in stores at all now...I have to find another company to order from online.

• laurenq1991
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Last week I was browsing Amazon and I came across the JR soap and was so intrigued. I was going to order it but then I read mixed reviews and decided against it. I do love Kiss My Face olive oil soap, too. I bought 2 massive bars over a year ago and one is still going strong. I didn't knew they went out of business, that sucks! I'll have to use it sparingly.

If you want to use a shampoo bar I recommend the Lush ones because they have the same ingredients as regular shampoo, or if you don't use sulfates, then I've heard the Ethique and Brite ones are good. Yeah they went out of business really suddenly with no announcement too, all of a sudden the products were not available in any stores or online...their Facebook page is filled with confused customers.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    VOcheapo5

That stuff made my hair fall out!

Not to worry. My hair's falling out naturally.
  • bizzarekilo
    bizzarekilo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't use shampoo. Only a conditioner.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Paul Mitchell. I also use his leave in conditioner after I get out. My hair is super curly and frizzy so it helps make it not so frizzy and softer!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Don't use shampoo. Clean my beard with Irish Spring.

My parents have used this for as long as I can remember. I love the smell of it though.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    whatever is on sale...
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I've been using these for over 25 years! Have tried many others through the years and always come back! Great fir naturally curly hair and super affordable!

pxdsb25bu68h.jpeg

I don’t know why but this always makes my hair look greasy. I can use the equate version (Walmart version of this) and I have no issues, I like it but as soon as I switch over to this one boom my hair is super greasy. I also have extra curly frizzy hair.
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Suave, because its cheap.
  • VictoriaHazelwood
    VictoriaHazelwood Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oribe and R + co