WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Three days ... no added sugar ... no gluten ... 4 pound weight loss. Obviously bloat ... but that's proof of their toxic affects on me.

Beth
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Beth, great job.

Janetr okc
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,834 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Gloria, TH because I used to live there and am familiar with it. My daughter lives there too.

Problems escalating. Stress massive. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Rita in CT
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ a day at a time girlfriend.. a day at a time.. I can only suggest to try and take a bit of time daily for you.. try the calm app ,with headphones and try and breath and meditate some of the stress away.. I know honey easier said than done...
    Will keep you in my prayers xoxox
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    Kjlamore - yup that is yogi as a pup, b4 we even brought him in the house
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ladies!

Been to the gym. Love that hubs pushes me to get up and go with him early on Tues., Wed., and Thurs. Today was Vertical Knee Raise (I was able to do 5 today!), Ab Coaster, Back Extensions, Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover, One-Arm Dumbbell Row and Seated Cable Row. Interesting using free weights, cable machines and weight machines. We then follow-up with 20 HIIT, Mitch on the elliptical and me on the treadmill.

Home now drinking my coffee. On the Naturally Slim program you are encouraged to only eat when reaching a Hunger Level 3 of 4. Therefore I have settled into a pattern of not eating my 1st meal (no longer call them breakfast, lunch and dinner) around 11ish. Some days I eat 2 meals other 3 meals. Paying close attention to chewing slowly and putting fork down between bites. This helps reset the amount of food you consume. Gives your brain time to register the taste and amount of food. Not counting calories however I am logging all my food intake. This weeks lesson is all about SUGAR! Week 4 of NS teaches about the amount of sugar intake typically being consumed. Encouraged to eliminate as much ADDED sugar as possible. I came into the program already having that conquered. The taste of very sweet things actually bother me.

It is warm and muggy and damp and humid here today. Need to get my haircut and this evening is the Library Book Club meeting. We will be picking books to read over the summer months.

Have a good one ladies. Have you'all in my <3 today and always.

Cheri
    College Station, TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allison: (((HUGS)))

Kelly: Safety on any exercise machine is a very good idea. I'm not an elliptical fan but have used them from time to time. They are good for sore knees because there is no pounding. Treadmills are much more difficult for my knees but walking isn't because I have total control of how fast I go. :ohwell:

Barbie: Walking in the dark is not a favorite of mine, either. The worrywart inside me wants to remind you to wear reflective clothing. Dogs, too. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I love the photos. :smiley:

Margaret: I love my husband but the D in DH is doesn't always stand for "dear." (((HUGS)))

Rita: Sending prayers and hugs your way. :flowerforyou:

Today we travel to the town where the eye surgery center is located. We'll stay in the same hotel we've used twice before. I just checked the NOAA website and no storm warnings are listed for our area. YAY!!! I hope it stays that way. The forecast for coast and mountains is more exciting. We do NOT want excitement at this time. :noway:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-32X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Very short walk in extreme cold, snow and wind!

Margaret - am thinking about you and your husband. (((Hugs and prayers))) Take care of yourself!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ a day at a time girlfriend.. a day at a time.. I can only suggest to try and take a bit of time daily for you.. try the calm app ,with headphones and try and breath and meditate some of the stress away.. I know honey easier said than done...
    Will keep you in my prayers xoxox

I agree with the use of the Calm App. My daughter and I use it regularly!

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    yesterdays stats mon -

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.40min, 13.9amph, 137mhr, 2.9mi = 125c
    apple watch- 105c
    SPIN CLASS- 35MIN, 73ar, 96aw, 135mhr, 11-14g, 12.6mi = 264c
    apple watch- 270c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 8.01min, 139mhr, 10.7amph, 1.4mi = 55c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.51min, 9.40min mi, 156mhr, 161ahr, .5mi = 62c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.07min, 9.57min, mi, 153mhr, .5mi = 70c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.33min, 7.3amph, 154mhr, 2.6mi = 210c
    apple watch- 157c

total cal 786
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Got appointment with Dr later today, tummy still tender but pain not nearly as bad.

Missing the gym, walked back home from the hairdresser this morning. Sitting watching snooker on TV at the moment

The silver lining is not much appetite so have had porridge this morning with honey and a few raisins and an Arla protein yogurt for lunch
    Made soup yesterday so will have that this evening

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,202 Member
    Options
    Kate UK - I'm interested to hear what the doctor said. <3

Lisa - Looks like a lovely area.

My DDIL has recommended a book called STEP UP that is on Amazon for women who want to get a grip on their careers. Good reviews. So any of you who are under career stress at the moment might want to take a look at it. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, our neighborhood is totally deserted before 8 AM. My problem with walking in the dark is that now I'm walking with two dogs and a flashlight and only two hands. Best wishes to you and your husband for his eye surgery.

:)Rita, "Move" is a 4 letter word and is a huge creator of stress. I hope you have daily meditation on your schedule and that you remind yourself to stay in the moment

<3Margaret, sending hugs and encouragement to you and your husband

:)Cheri, I'm glad your program is working for you.

:)Kate, it's good to hear that you got an appointment with the doctor.

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Well, it's been a long time. i will be skimming.

What's been happening here: let's see, the Y has a class called "next level" which I've been taking. OK. But then they have this awesome class called HIIT, which is really about 10 stations, you do a certain exercise for a minute. Boy, does that class really get my heartrate up and get me sweating. I've been taking yoga down here (nothing to write home about but better than nothing) then a step class. I think she's going to go to a more choreographed routine, which really messes me up, I'd rather just get my workout in.

Went to the Exfinity race. Wreck fest. The Daytona 500 was good, very windy. The new format where you get points for certain segments of the race made it not so boring. Both days I did some exercise either at the clubhouse here or in the condo.

Met friends of ours in Port Orange for dinner. They used to live in Hickory. We're supposed to go see them tomorrow.

Vince wanted to go to Bruster's for ice cream but, honestly, I didn't have any desire for ice cream so I took an apple and an orange with me. I admit that on Fat Tuesday I just had to have a bavarian cream punchi (Is that the right spelling?). I did log it. Actually, what I did was on Monday bought a box of 4, I paid for them then gave 2 to the guy at Publix to put in their breakroom. Actually, I should have given him 3. But what's done is done. I still came out a bit below calories that day

This weekend we're supposed to go see my friend from college who lives near Fort Lauderdale. Really, she came to see us so I think we should go see her. Then on Sun there is a cat show that Vince wants to go to. then <crying here> we leave on Monday.

The reason I've been gone is because after we'd been here for a day or two, Vince got an email saying that we were almost out of data. Huh? We didn't do anything differently. Well, it turns out that Windows 10 does automatic updates and that's what used up all our data. Vince did find out a way that he could "tell” our laptops that whenever it’s connected to the hotspot not to update. But too late..... Our month was up yesterday so we have data back.

Welcome everyone new and congrats to all the losers

Laid in the sun one day and then was able to go in the pool two more days. Would probably be able to go today if it weren’t so cloudy

Been using the treadmill a bit down here before exercise class if I can just to burn a few more calories. Like tomorrow I’m sure they’ll have cheese and stuff and we’ll probably wind up going out to dinner. Same on Sat.

Karen - so glad Olivia is looking so good now

mia - nice ring.

Loving all the pics

Thank you everyone for posting that I’m OK. We did have data, only it was VERY VERY VERY (did I say VERY?) slow.

Allie - all the best for your uncle and aunt

Vince said that next year he might sell the tickets to the Sat. race but get ones for the Thurs. race. We shall see.

Oh, he talked about what he found out at the tax office. I asked him why he needed that info (I already knew). He said “for when we sell the condo”. I just told him that I really don’t want to sell it, I really enjoy being able to come here, rest and relax and bring the cats. We shall see what happens, but he knows that I really don’t want to sell it

Margaret - hugs for you and your hubby

Well, I’ve skimmed. Apologies to anyone that I may have missed. One of my embroidery hoops broke and they no longer make that kind. I did go to Hobby Lobby and got something similar. One problem is that you need to put the piece of cloth on a hard surface to get the proper tension. The one I have I could get good tension when it’s on my lap. This is the one I got :https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Tension-Hoops-Assorted-inches/dp/B001144TZQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1488905065&sr=1-1&keywords=embroidery+hoop+tension

Michele
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I am donating blood at a local Elks club this afternoon. Husband just waits in the car, but I am glad he drives me! Grocery shopping for the week this morning. Shall try to keep under $70! Buying toilet paper so its not gonna be easy. Weighed in at 242.2. My TOPS weigh in last Wed was 244, so I am hoping for a little loss tomorrow.
    Braided my rinsed hair last night so this morn its a bit wavy/curly. Just pony tailed it
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    OK I have noticed whenever I use a smiley face or any other emote, it cuts my thread. Just noticed that.
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Heatheryou look absolutely gorgeous in your red dress! Fantastic progress photo!
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello y'all -

SueBDew - Hoping you're up and out of there soon!

Sarah - Wow, your balance is impressive. I don't think I could do that.

Marcelyn - What a beautiful grandbaby. Congratulations on the arrival of Nelly Marie!

Chris - Fingers and toes are crossed for a great outcome for you!

Pip - Oh, my gosh, I've got puppy envy. Have not been getting my puppy fix since I stopped volunteering at the shelter.

Michele - I'm glad to hear you've been having a nice break. Hope you are able to convince your husband not to sell the condo - it's nice to have a beautiful place to get away for awhile. For me that's been the river house, but I don't know what will happen now that my uncle has died. He and Dad are co-owners so I guess half will go to the New Orleans cousins but I don't know if they'll want to keep it. My siblings and I want to keep in in the family but I don't know if it'll be possible... guess all we can do is enjoy it while we have it.

I had Hello Healthy's orange pistachio chia pudding for breakfast this morning (sans pistachios, since I didn't have any). It was absolutely delicious, but it looked disgusting. I know some people have problems with the texture of chia seed, but I don't mind it. Still haven't been able to log it, though, because the recipe module is being uncooperative this morning.

-Yvonne in TX
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon My Friends,

NYKaren, so glad your DH is feeling better. Onward and upward for both of you.

Pip, I can’t keep those two straight. Just put names on them, will ya?

Janetr, that is so cool that the parents didn’t know the sex of the baby before the birth. That seems so rare these days. flying-stork-carrying-a-baby-smiley-emoticon.gif

SueB, so sorry to hear about your problems. Glad they found out the cause and now can do something about it. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Cheri, it was good to hear from you. I hope things work out for your DH and with the decision on renting. It seems that sometimes things are just harder than they need to be but they often work out for the best. (((Hugs)))

Queenie, when is the trip to Mars? Count me in. lol

Kay, a huge congrats-smiley-emoticon-1.gif for getting to the 50 pounds lost mark. Great pictures showing evidence of all your work. Keep on doing what you are doing.

KarenVA, I love the beautiful pictures of the horses. Feel free to post them any time as everyone is free to skip right over if they aren’t interested.

Katla, so glad you had a good time at the horse expo. What a great picture of the three of you. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr, what a great picture of all the boys with baby Hannah. Daddy looks pretty proud.

Sharon, I swear that my DH is having sweets and other things that I shouldn’t have a lot more often than he did when I ate anything. Back then he seemed to buy flavors and things that were of no interest to me. This morning he baked some potatoes to make potato salad and they were sitting out on the stove top right before I went upstairs. They smelled so good that I couldn’t stand it so I got a small one and cut it in half, put a ½ pat of butter on it and ate it standing at the kitchen counter. Not that I never eat some potato but it was not in the plan for today. got-my-mouth-full-eating-smiley-emoticon.gif

Queene, what a beautiful dog. I like the one behind him in the picture, too.

Rita, moving is always high on the stress list, but I hate that it is getting to you so much. Please take care and try to find some ways to relax. Wish I could come help. ((((Hugs))))

Janetr, congrats on the continued weight loss. Gosh I’d take some too.

Jolene, you can rant to us any time. If you are having Sunday night anxiety I’d say it’s time to think about at least looking for a change. That is a sad way to live. And your boss sounds like a “jerk” to me. lol

CarolGA, who doesn’t think losing 5 pounds isn’t a lot????? I think that is wonderful. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Sarah, way to go on that work out. Woo Hoo

Marcelyn, Nelly Marie is a doll and I do love her pose. Since I have no grandchildren I sure enjoy all these pictures and what a bunch of beautiful babies!!!!
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I didn’t have time to read at all yesterday so I’m still not caught up but will post this now and hope to get back here later today. Last night was a meeting for the Women of the Moose and it was my committee’s night to host the meeting. I had to do a few things to get ready. We donated stuffed animals (Mooses) or (Meece??) to the Fire Department for them to give children in stressful situations. We had the cutest Fireman come to speak to us and accept our donation. All these gray hairs were gushing over the cutie pie and he was just a doll about it. The meeting went well and the food was great so that is almost my last duty for the year. Yeah Lots of the members keep trying to get me to run for an office for next year and I just can’t decide if I want to. Time to get some things done in the house now so will check in later.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC